• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2016. Didn't I promise? We're going home now.

MG310

Not sure if teasing an actual gritty Scooby-Doo book or just fun with art

https://twitter.com/dandidio1/status/692714791165493248

CZ0EbqdUsAAsL4E.jpg

Scrappy Doo's still sorta living face is going to be stitched onto a Frankenstein torso.

I wanted books to get #1s to give me a chance to get new books for characters like Zatanna or Batwoman.

Jim Lee's post on Instagram says... Not rebirth but Scooby-Doo Apocalypse.

So maybe it's not rebirth?

Could be.

They're due for some new series, I think, but not for a few more months.

If Space Ghost is Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast... I'd probably still not buy it.

That just makes you dead inside.

Or an android.

Finished John's flash run. I enjoyed it, it ended really strong with Rogue War unlike his other runs I've read, which tend to run low on steam. He really tied a lot of plot threads together well, but unless I'm missing something...

What's the third worst day in Wally's life? Barry said he'd visit him three times. The second was rogue war when he had to stop Zoom from killing Linda. I'm guessing it's just an open ended thing for a future storyline, or has it actually been addressed?

Zoom was the definite highlight of the series. I enjoyed the rogues, particularly Cold and Heatwave, but I didn't think they had many defining stories in the run. I didn't think they really worked until Rogue War when
The Top "fixed" their behaviors
. Now I want to see what they do, so I guess the next part is Rogue's Revenge?

I wouldn't mind seeing Johns return to write more Flash, or atleast anyone but the current team.

Up next I think I'll read Ostrander's Spectre, I've been putting it off for a long time. After that I'll return for Rogue's Revenge and Flash Rebirth.

After a relatively light couple of months or so, lots of interesting releases next week.

Goon Library Volume 2 HC
Daredevil By Mark Waid Volume 4 HC
Superior Foes Of Spider-Man Omnibus HC

This is coming out too. Seems to be the size of Goon/Kabuki Library Editions. Hadn't realised Image had editions in that size.

Black Science The Beginners' Guide To Entropy Premiere HC,

Space Ghost/Jonny Quest looks alright, Wacky Races doing Fury Road, why?
Flintstones looks eh. Scooby Doo looks like they really want to be Ghostbusters.

Oh, I don't mean to sound snide but I thought you meant there was something fundamentally wrong as opposed to opinions. I don't really care much either way but I've been looking for a slightly childlike and pure fun comic recently, they might be cool.

Well, for one thing, they've got a DC on the cover.

That's strike one right there.

(Sorry mreddie :p)

Wait so he's just anti DC?

Soodanim

I want to take advantage of the Lucifer sale on Comixology, but it's presented as simply the first time we see him, some introduction issues, and about 72 in a run. Any recommendations for particular story runs/volumes? I don't really want to spend a fortune and buy them all.

No, he's just ribbing, I like DC. Just kinda hate the current Harley push.

Oh, fair enough :p Hide from Messi.

I want to take advantage of the Lucifer sale on Comixology, but it's presented as simply the first time we see him, some introduction issues, and about 72 in a run. Any recommendations for particular story runs/volumes? I don't really want to spend a fortune and buy them all.

...I haven't read it all (on Volume 3) but I'm not sure there are really only particular arcs. I mean obviously there are story arcs that are like 6ish issues long or so but there's an overarching, long form story too. There are worst things to spend a small fortune on :p

Soodanim

Oh, fair enough :p Hide from Messi.

...I haven't read it all (on Volume 3) but I'm not sure there are really only particular arcs. I mean obviously there are story arcs that are like 6ish issues long or so but there's an overarching, long form story too. There are worst things to spend a small fortune on :p
That's both great and a shame, because I know I'll want them all if I start. I saw paperback volumes that collect about 6 episodes, but they're about £18 each. I added all 80 Lucifer comics go my cart and it came to £55.20... I can't spend that! Vertigo became part of DC, right? If DC has a Marvel Unlimited-style service that will be ideal.

Dalek

I just read Infinite Crisis for the first time. I enjoyed it-I found it much less confusing that Crisis on Infinite Earths. I knew a bit about what would happen because I've read John's GL run. That said-what is the general consensus on Infinite Crisis? I know I see a lot of knocks against Geoff Johns but I've always enjoyed what I've read from him. (Superman, GL, Justice League).

Also-what major continuity changes came out of Infinite Crisis if any?

That's both great and a shame, because I know I'll want them all if I start. I saw paperback volumes that collect about 6 episodes, but they're about £18 each. I added all 80 Lucifer comics go my cart and it came to £55.20... I can't spend that! Vertigo became part of DC, right? If DC has a Marvel Unlimited-style service that will be ideal.

I think Vertigo were always part of DC? Not sure. But they don't have an Unlimited style service yet :( and yeah those paperbacks are...a bit pricey, but there are 5 volumes so it'd still be cheaper to get the sale but it is expensive :( I'd almost offer to gift you and you pay me back but I don't have the cash till the sale is probably over anyway :p

I just read Infinite Crisis for the first time. I enjoyed it-I found it much less confusing that Crisis on Infinite Earths. I knew a bit about what would happen because I've read John's GL run. That said-what is the general consensus on Infinite Crisis? I know I see a lot of knocks against Geoff Johns but I've always enjoyed what I've read from him. (Superman, GL, Justice League).

I loved it...but I'm not sure everyone does, ha. It felt like a big Crisis-tier event, which is obvious, but it actually felt important and had a huge cast and epic fights and great visuals from Jiminez. As for continuity stuff...I think Superboy Prime punching the walls of their Multiverse heaven/realitybasically brought Jason Todd back and a few other things but I don't remember much. I didn't really read a lot before InfC so I'm not too sure. I still feel like SCW and InfC are Johns' premier stuff that I've read so far.

I think Supergirl returning and Jason Todd being ressurected was the biggest ones.

Infinite Crisis is good, but it's really just a part of a larger story that starts with Identity Crisis (well, technically COIE), runs through the 4 mini series, crisis of conscience, and into IC. So it puts off a lot of people, especially newer ones.

Make sure to read 52 next, it's my favorite cape story DC has ever done.

Dalek

I think Supergirl returning and Jason Todd being ressurected was the biggest ones.

Infinite Crisis is good, but it's really just a part of a larger story that starts with Identity Crisis (well, technically COIE), runs through the 4 mini series, crisis of conscience, and into IC. So it puts off a lot of people, especially newer ones.

Make sure to read 52 next, it's my favorite cape story DC has ever done.

Thanks-I'll start it next. That's with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman gone right?

It's pretty much what I kinda view as the default for line-wide events. Big baddie, crazy shit, huge fights. It's pretty fun.

Soodanim

I think Vertigo were always part of DC? Not sure. But they don't have an Unlimited style service yet :( and yeah those paperbacks are...a bit pricey, but there are 5 volumes so it'd still be cheaper to get the sale but it is expensive :( I'd almost offer to gift you and you pay me back but I don't have the cash till the sale is probably over anyway :p
DC need to pull their finger out then! If I didn't have such a huge game/book/film queue/backlog I'd already have Marvel's service, they must be missing out on a bit of money there. That would be incredibly kind, but unnecessary as I have the money! I just don't think I've spent much more than £55 on comics in total, so spending that on something I've not read a single page of would be a bit of a pricey risk, as much as I like the idea of Lucifer. Maybe just 2 or 3 sets of 6...

tim1138

The main change Infinite Crisis made was setting the stage for the return of the Multiverse. After COIE, the DCU was condensed down to one Earth which meant the surviving Golden Age characters (ie the JSA) had their origins altered to fit in the new timeline. Infinite Crisis and 52 blew that up and brought back the Multiverse as it exists now, with 52 different universes and the main Earth being the linchpin to it all.

Finished John's flash run. I enjoyed it, it ended really strong with Rogue War unlike his other runs I've read, which tend to run low on steam. He really tied a lot of plot threads together well, but unless I'm missing something...

What's the third worst day in Wally's life? Barry said he'd visit him three times. The second was rogue war when he had to stop Zoom from killing Linda. I'm guessing it's just an open ended thing for a future storyline, or has it actually been addressed?

Zoom was the definite highlight of the series. I enjoyed the rogues, particularly Cold and Heatwave, but I didn't think they had many defining stories in the run. I didn't think they really worked until Rogue War when
The Top "fixed" their behaviors
. Now I want to see what they do, so I guess the next part is Rogue's Revenge?

I wouldn't mind seeing Johns return to write more Flash, or atleast anyone but the current team.

Up next I think I'll read Ostrander's Spectre, I've been putting it off for a long time. After that I'll return for Rogue's Revenge and Flash Rebirth.
I'm going to assume the
"Third Worst Day" is Rebirth, where Barry actually comes back and Reverse Flash tries to murder everyone's families. Rebirth leads to Flashpoint.
Welp, guess I'm left in suspense.

WHAT'S BEHIND THE CURTAIN?!?

So, what are the popular Rebirth guesses? JSA, Shazam...I'll throw in Blue Beetle.

I'm going to assume the
"Third Worst Day" is Rebirth, where Barry actually comes back and Reverse Flash tries to murder everyone's families. Rebirth leads to Flashpoint.

So, what are the popular Rebirth guesses? JSA, Shazam...I'll throw in Blue Beetle.

JSA is in Earth 2, Shazam is alive and well (last I'd checked), and...

Ah shit, it's gonna be Ted Kord. Blue curtain.

JSA is in Earth 2, Shazam is alive and well (last I'd checked), and...

Ah shit, it's gonna be Ted Kord. Blue curtain.

I figured JSA and Shazam weren't going to be it. Unless the "blue" has nothing to do with it. I don't know who else would be brought back, though.

Watch Ted Kord be called "the greatest Blue Beetle that ever lived." Fucking watch it.

Top Bottom