• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

TheFlow

Banned
Spider-Man #12 and Mighty Thor #15 previews are getting fans riled up for vastly different reasons. This is going to be one entertaining week.

what episode you on

The tenth episode, the one with
all the twists

Mike Colter, idk about this guy. I liked him a lot on JJ. But he has often seemed a little lost in the leading role. This episode in particular I felt he did not rise to the occasion at all when certain things were revealed.

The last couple of eps haven't worked that well for me either.
I miss Cottonmouth and am beginning to feel killing him was a big mistake

I think a lot of Marvel netflix shows stumble towards an ending but I feel luke cage had best ending episode.

Well, I will keep at it then.

TheFlow

Banned
The tenth episode, the one with
all the twists

Mike Colter, idk about this guy. I liked him a lot on JJ. But he has often seemed a little lost in the leading role. This episode in particular I felt he did not rise to the occasion at all when certain things were revealed.

The last couple of eps haven't worked that well for me either.
I miss Cottonmouth and am beginning to feel killing him was a big mistake

Well, I will keep at it then.

man you might as well finish it then. it gets better

mreddie

Long story short: I want Marvel and to be as good DC on the equal field and not pulling a WCW comics wise.

Trim the fat, keep the top books as well as add in something similar to Unbeatable and Unstoppable.

And calm the fuck down on the team books.

Zombine

Banned
Long story short: I want Marvel and to be as good DC on the equal field and not pulling a WCW comics wise.

Trim the fat, keep the top books as well as add in something similar to Unbeatable and Unstoppable.

And calm the fuck down on the team books.

Best post. This is all I want. Also, make X-Men great again :(

VanWinkle

Finished Starman Omnibus Vol. 2. Taking a break before continuing. So I'm now reading The Goon Library Vol. 4 (140 pages in) and Wonder Woman Earth One (about 20 pages in). Some great comics reading going on here.

I really appreciate it guys. It's hard being a one man operation.

latest

VanWinkle

Where does vol 2 end at?

I'm in bed right now so I can't check, and I was reading through it so quickly I can't remember for sure. There was the the pirate themed David issue, the Sandman arc, the arc about the painting where Jack, the Shade, and Matt had to face the devil, and there was this really cool Christmas story, and then this REALLY trippy Times Past issue about Michael (Mikaal). I'm thinking there was another issue after that, but I'm drawing a blank. Regardless, incredible stuff.

Correction it is a two man operation. LaunchpadMcQ does the Valiant stuff as I don't want to get cooties.
It's great that you go out of your way to give credit to everyone who helps create the OT. Nothing worse than people that hog all the glory

I'm in bed right now so I can't check, and I was reading through it so quickly I can't remember for sure. There was the the pirate themed David issue, the Sandman arc, the arc about the painting where Jack, the Shade, and Matt had to face the devil, and there was this really cool Christmas story, and then this REALLY trippy Times Past issue about Michael (Mikaal). I'm thinking there was another issue after that, but I'm drawing a blank. Regardless, incredible stuff.
Awesome. Yea I really liked that Christmas issue. And the sandman & poster arcs were fun. The frustrating thing with starman with the first set of the trades done back in the day is they'd skip over all the times past issues and jump to the various story arcs which would drive me nuts. They're essential to the whole series. Same with the talking with David stories.

mreddie

So the Avengers cartoon is doing Civil War and Age of Ultron AND INHUMANITY

Avengers vs. the Mighty Avengers (
Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, Vision, Songbird and Red Hulk
).

Sandfox

So the Avengers cartoon is doing Civil War and Age of Ultron AND INHUMANITY

Avengers vs. the Mighty Avengers (
Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, Vision, Songbird and Red Hulk
).

One thing I give that show is the storylines and associated characters they've been adapting.

Dalek

Holy shit Luke Cage takes such a dive in its last few episodes I might not even finish it. What the hell happened here

Dude we are going through the same thing right now. We have 3 episodes to watch and it's brutal to get through them. It just became so god damned boring.

In other news I'm reading Teen Titans Earth One Vol. 2. Too bad the artwork took a major nosedive between volumes.

Blackfire is fucked up.

fauxtrot

Banned
Dude we are going through the same thing right now. We have 3 episodes to watch and it's brutal to get through them. It just became so god damned boring.

I was able to mostly enjoy both seasons of DD without problem and absolutely loved JJ, but I'm only about halfway through Luke Cage and I'm struggling to finish it. Colter is easy on the eyes but his acting ability is pretty limited.

I don't usually read ongoing comics that aren't superhero stuff(cause those will never end) but for some reason I felt like reading The Fix and damn this is great, definitely feel that Superior Foes humor.

Now the wait for new issues while I forget the whole plot in the meantime.......

In other news I'm reading Teen Titans Earth One Vol. 2. Too bad the artwork took a major nosedive between volumes.

Blackfire is fucked up.
I hated
Blackfire.
That was goofy as shit. lol

Dalek

I was able to mostly enjoy both seasons of DD without problem and absolutely loved JJ, but I'm only about halfway through Luke Cage and I'm struggling to finish it. Colter is easy on the eyes but his acting ability is pretty limited.

I didn't have a problem with Colter-the pacing and plots just become redundant and stretched out. I feel like it's just killing time until the finale.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I don't have the energy to read this WicDiv magazine issue. It's so boring. I'm just going to scroll through and look as the pretty Wada art.

MG310

Updated the spreadsheet...up to 697 blank covers..not counting ones that were already drawn on or the ones on preorder (15 Justice League, 5 Batwoman)

MG310

Give it time. I am not alone.

Why you can't possibly ever use them all lol

MG did you see my Elsa Charretier commission?

I am prepared for all sketch possibilities. Not crazy enough to pay 10 dollars each for those retailer exclusive ones though - Harley Rebirth and Justice League vs. Suicide Squad.

Harley and Ivy? If so yes!

Top Bottom