• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

mreddie

Dear me in 2012,

Captain Marvel is gonna wrecked.
Those Guardians of the Galaxy books, don't get too attached.
Iron Fist will be in more books than Wolverine, also Wolverine is dead...kinda.
Wasp is back only to get fucked over, blame Edgar Wright.

Also Donald TR...Glover is gonna be a good rapper.

It's fucking stupid, PM/IF is already a team book and we're getting 2 IF books.

What the fuck is going on?

It's really mysterious as to why this book might be coming out.

I feel like Marvel is definitely in a position to ignore a high profile media release and instead continue focusing on lower selling comics.

mreddie

It's really mysterious as to why this book might be coming out.

I feel like Marvel is definitely in a position to ignore a high profile media release and instead continue focusing on lower selling comics.

No, I get the Defenders thing but why announce the Andrews IF book and months later, the Brisson IF book when you have PM/IF and you knew they were gonna do Defenders.

kmfdmpig

And Alias and his Daredevil run are two of his most widely loved runs. On top of that, he made Luke Cage famous again. I never thought anything he did with Iron Fist was all that interesting, but he's got 3/4 of the team on lock.

Throw in Marquez as the cherry on top and this is an exciting announcement.

Agreed.

Even if he had done nothing except for Alias and Daredevil he'd get a lifetime pass for me. Throw in Jessica Jones and Invincible Iron Man and even with some duds he is golden in my book.

They should cancel PMIF as it will be fairly pointless due to this. Most of their solos will be pointless but mostly PMIF

I imagine that tonally it will be quite different. PM/IF is such a fun book, but never seems all that serious. I suspect you're right that this won't coexist with that, but I think they're far enough apart they they likely could. Isn't PM/IF selling fairly poorly anyway?

Sandfox

No, I get the Defenders thing but why announce the Andrews IF book and months later, the Brisson IF book when you have PM/IF and you knew they were gonna do Defenders.
I imagine it has something to do with how late the Andrews book is among other things.

Hagi

I think this what everyone has been saying. Marvel doesn't know how to handle their titles.

They are capitalising on their Netflix properties which you can't really fault them for in a general sense. Over saturation is probably going to be a thing that sinks some of these books but then that doesn't seem to be something they've ever cared about. It'll be interesting to see if the popularity of the show can transfer over to this whole line of street level books they are building.

Anywho I read the new issue of Titans today and hmm all I care about is the Wally stuff in this book and I'm thinking I'd just like him to have his own solo but then this is basically Wally and friends. Maybe in Rebirth 2.0 I'll get an actual Wally book and the first good Flash book in a long while.

Dear 2016 me:

American Alien will finally make you understand Superman. #BasedLandis
Deadly Class will destroy you and then spit on you and then console you. #BasedRemender
A girl who has allergies and a runny nose will the sexiest character ever. #BasedLottie
EVERYONE WILL LIKE RED HOOD. UNIRONICALLY. #BasedLobdell #BasedRebirth
Doom Patrol will be the savior of comics. #BasedYA #BasedMCR #ImNotOk
Batgirl Rebirth will spawn Rafael Albuquerque haters. #TheyNeedJesus
Mark Millar will still be stealing your favs. #MrStealYoGirl
CWII will cause a Civil War at Marvel. #YouTriedBendis
Scalebound is cancelled. #FUCKMYLIFE #WHYGODWHY #2017ISNOTLOOKINGGOOD

TheFlow

Banned
They are capitalising on their Netflix properties which you can't really fault them for in a general sense. Over saturation is probably going to be a thing that sinks some of these books but then that doesn't seem to be something they've ever cared about. It'll be interesting to see if the popularity of the show can transfer over to this whole line of street level books they are building.

Anywho I read the new issue of Titans today and hmm all I care about is the Wally stuff in this book and I'm thinking I'd just like him to have his own solo but then this is basically Wally and friends. Maybe in Rebirth 2.0 I'll get an actual Wally book and the first good Flash book in a long while.
Over saturated indeed. They are going big on the street level heroes this year which is in their best interest sales wise but a lot of these books will be lucky to make it to the 12+ issues.

Looking at you kingpin, elektra, and bullseye.

Sandfox

Over saturated indeed. They are going big on the street level heroes this year which is in their best interest sales wise but a lot of these books will be lucky to make it to the 12+ issues.

Bullseye is a mini series.

Jessica, Luke and Matt are three of BMB's best characters

With the Netflix series on the way and him leaving Guardians, I'm kind of surprised none of us saw this coming
Hey, I've been talking about it since Bendis said he was leaving GotG months ago. :p

Fuck the Liege of the Lake. Hardest fish to catch in the entire game. Went from level 7 fishing to level 10 just trying to catch it.

Hagi

They likely already know that those books aren't going to fair too well.

Here's hoping we can get a good Punisher book at some point, Rucka's run was a while ago.

TheFlow

Banned
They likely already know that those books aren't going to fair too well.

Here's hoping we can get a good Punisher book at some point, Rucka's run was a while ago.
is the current punisher still ongoing? What are they doing about the artist

Hagi

Dat shade. Poor Becky Cloonan.

tumblr_inline_n01clyG1VZ1qgxd2f.gif

Can't help if she's writing a boring book, she's just living that Marvel life. Southern Cross is cool though.

So just picked up Trinity, of course I'm that person that will start at 4 and work their way backwards. I must say, even though I have no idea what is really happening. I am enjoying it.

I'll buy it. Bendis gets three of those characters.

Let's be honest, even at it's best, classic Defenders has always been a C-tier book. The J. M. DeMatteis/Keith Giffen/Kevin Maguire mini is probably the best of the classic team, which honestly wasn't a classic team that long. It's a book that has nominally survived and done some weird and interesting stuff because no one gave a damn.

Better off doing Defenders than derailing Jessica Jones, Daredevil and Power Man & Iron Fist with a crossover.

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

I'll buy it. Bendis gets three of those characters.

Let's be honest, even at it's best, classic Defenders has always been a C-tier book. The J. M. DeMatteis/Keith Giffen/Kevin Maguire mini is probably the best of the classic team, which honestly went a classic team that long. It's a book that has nominally survived and done some weird and interesting stuff because no one gave a damn.

The Fraction run, man. That was so good!

I really enjoyed The Deep #1. Anyone else read it? It feels like the Incredibles if they had no superpowers and were deep sea scientists instead.

Anyone checkout JL/Power Rangers? Need 2 no if it's worth a buy m8s.

I really enjoyed The Deep #1. Anyone else read it? It feels like the Incredibles if they had no superpowers and were deep sea scientists instead.

I picked up The Deep but haven't read it yet. Glad to hear you liked it, I was kinda wishy washy on it

TheFlow

Banned

I have definitely seen hype for the deep comic because of the show. I think it is going to be succesful

Top Bottom