• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

ElNarez

Banned
The Defenders aren't street level they're cosmic level, they're astral planes level. Unless some of those ninjas are like, secret gods or tuned to the celestials or whatever, that book is hot garbage bullshit and I am crying foul, you are not ruining the good name of the Defenders like this.

TheFlow

Banned
I rather have Walker writing it.

DEFENDERS2017001-Cov-Flat.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
The Defenders aren't street level they're cosmic level, they're astral planes level. Unless some of those ninjas are like, secret gods or tuned to the celestials or whatever, that book is hot garbage bullshit and I am crying foul, you are not ruining the good name of the Defenders like this.

yea old school fans are going to be upset about it but I bet they are still going to watch Defenders on netflix. lol

ummmmm netflix announced the series with this name like i think actual years ago

Roman

Inhumans vs. X-Men #2

I can't shake the feeling this is the second dramatic act in which the villains demonstrate their power over the heroes, before the heroes valiantly fight back from the brink. Furthermore, everything feels hollow since nobody is actually getting hurt. They are trying really hard to make the Inhumans seem like heroic defenders with which to empathize and the X-Men as invaders. Personally, I just wanted to see the Inhumans beaten and broken. I have no interest at all in the two that escaped.

Typical event issue with barely any substance.

Jessica Jones 4

Man when Luke gets his daughter back he needs to get the hell out of dodge, some ol bullshit what Carol and Jessica are doing to him.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Really liked Spider-Man today. I wish they would do a bit more with Goldballs, but I like that he and Ganke are basically the Greek Chorus for the book.

Sou Da

Also Bendis is going to stick his fist into the half eaten Fantastic Four pie soon, he's got control of all the pieces back on Earth where he wants them.

That sounds great to me. Those are characters that Bendis has handled well in the past, so I'm intrigued.

Also, the position that Perlmutter was rumored to be in the running for is not going to him:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../david-shulkin-tapped-as-trumps-va-secretary/
So he went up on stage and said "Perlmutter's a great guy and will work well with the VA office" and then announced someone else for the post? Is it so Ike can keep his job while still being a voice in Trump's ear?

Kinda caught up with Uncanny Avengers, and I gotta say that I'm enjoying it a lot. The group has a lot of chemistry together. Was kinda skeptical with Deadpool there, but he's not too out there or annoying.

Regarding Wasp
Is she a robot or something or was that just some mind wammy that Red Skull was doing?

Dalek

Squirrel Girl is fucking incredible today. Amazing, amazing issue.

I never thought of uppercutting someone through a roof before.

Kinda caught up with Uncanny Avengers, and I gotta say that I'm enjoying it a lot. The group has a lot of chemistry together. Was kinda skeptical with Deadpool there, but he's not too out there or annoying.

Yes, its been a pretty fun book ever since the Pym storyline.

kmfdmpig

So he went up on stage and said "Perlmutter's a great guy and will work well with the VA office" and then announced someone else for the post? Is it so Ike can keep his job while still being a voice in Trump's ear?

It seems that way. Thinking about what Trump does or what possible reason there is behind it makes my head turn to mush, so I have no idea why he would do that, but it seems like he did.

Maybe he wanted to plant the seed of Perlmutter being worthy of a Secretary level position so that he could use him in the future? Maybe he just now realized that Perlmutter looks and acts like an anti-social vampire.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
And Alias and his Daredevil run are two of his most widely loved runs. On top of that, he made Luke Cage famous again. I never thought anything he did with Iron Fist was all that interesting, but he's got 3/4 of the team on lock.

Throw in Marquez as the cherry on top and this is an exciting announcement.

Messi

And Alias and his Daredevil run are two of his most widely loved runs. On top of that, he made Luke Cage famous again. I never thought anything he did with Iron Fist was all that interesting, but he's got 3/4 of the team on lock.

Throw in Marquez as the cherry on top and this is an exciting announcement.

Marquez is a beast

Jessica, Luke and Matt are three of BMB's best characters

With the Netflix series on the way and him leaving Guardians, I'm kind of surprised none of us saw this coming

mreddie

Regarding Wasp
Is she a robot or something or was that just some mind wammy that Red Skull was doing?

Latter.

Jessica Jones was padding this week.

They should cancel PMIF as it will be fairly pointless due to this. Most of their solos will be pointless but mostly PMIF

Poor Walker, he's doing great with PM/IF but Bendis is coming to limit what he can do with them.

Top Bottom