• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So the best is yet to come? Ideal

The best is definitely still coming.

So, like a whole ton of other people, I bought March 1-3 over the weekend due to the orange one's ramblings, and it's pretty great.

I've only read the first one so far, but John Lewis is a goddamned American Hero and any one who thinks otherwise is just so terribly dumb.

Just got to see the new/final international poster for Logan that will be revealed on Thursday(along with the new trailer that I didn't get to see)from a workmate since we'll have a press showing later and already got a poster weeks in advance. Really nice~

See y'all tomorrow!

This Black Panther variant cover is pretty sweet.

tumblr_ojsmh29ww51s5onj7o1_1280.jpg

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get this variant

I'm guessing it's Inhumans in famous X-Men covers (hundreds of options) and X-Men in famous Inhuman covers (which hypothetically exist, but...).

Yeah that part I have no idea about. Don't Variant covers sometimes have nothing to do with the comic at hand though?

I might be talking out of my ass, I don't collect covers.

Yeah, lately Marvel has been doing theme ones that don't have anything to do with the book. Gwenpool Variants, Spider-Gwen variants, etc.

I'm guessing it's Inhumans in famous X-Men covers (hundreds of options) and X-Men in famous Inhuman covers (which hypothetically exist, but...).

Yeah, lately Marvel has been doing theme ones that don't have anything to do with the book. Gwenpool Variants, Spider-Gwen variants, etc.

Plus that whole US Avengers thing where like 45 out of the 50 variant covers were people not on the team or related in any way, lol.

So who's going all-in on the $99 edition of Injustice 2? I think I might have to. I can't stand playing a fighting game like that and not having everything. And the cosmetic changes to make Supergirl into Power Girl? HHHHNNNNNGGGGG

This will be just like that time I bought Street Fighter V, except this game will be good. :3

tim1138

So I was poking around on CMX and noticed that all of DC's April books are up for pre-order even though solicits don't come out til next week, and all the single shipped books are still showing as 2.99. Obviously this could (and probably will) change between now and April, but it'd be a great move by DC to keep the digital books at 2.99 since they don't come with anything extra like the print copies.

So I was poking around on CMX and noticed that all of DC's April books are up for pre-order even though solicits don't come out til next week, and all the single shipped books are still showing as 2.99. Obviously this could (and probably will) change between now and April, but it'd be a great move by DC to keep the digital books at 2.99 since they don't come with anything extra like the print copies.

That would be actually amazing.

My boy managed to corner me yesterday and forced me to watch X-Men Apocalypse with him. I wouldn't say the movie was creative enough to do anything truly bad or offensive for me to heavily criticise it in any way; it was just terminally "there". Things happened, the mvoei often just flitted from character to character, place to place, no sense of character development or much to invest in. The one character/performance I would set aside from this was Quicksilver. I like the way the actor plays him and the scene at the mansion with him was wonderful. Otherwise, blah. Plenty of decent actors & actresses sign onto these movies, I wish they could be more exciting.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
My boy managed to corner me yesterday and forced me to watch X-Men Apocalypse with him. I wouldn't say the movie was creative enough to do anything truly bad or offensive for me to heavily criticise it in any way; it was just terminally "there". Things happened, the mvoei often just flitted from character to character, place to place, no sense of character development or much to invest in. The one character/performance I would set aside from this was Quicksilver. I like the way the actor plays him and the scene at the mansion with him was wonderful. Otherwise, blah. Plenty of decent actors & actresses sign onto these movies, I wish they could be more exciting.

Why be exciting when you can have Magneto constantly making face/heel turns?

I just pre-ordered Cyborg and New Superman for April just in case they increase the prices. I hope they stick to $3 for digital because then I can continue to pull a load of DC books.

Top Bottom