• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

shingi70

Banned
Because people like him bring eyes. Same as getting Waid and Staples for the start of Archie.

Doesn't seem to have translated into sales. Despite the heavy rebranding most people still see archie as all ages comics. Killing off one of the pillars of that success seems odd, but I guess the liscensing fees were worth it.

TheFlow

Banned
The Mighty Thor #14

eh it was alright

The Mighty Thor #15
Thor has returned to Glory! fuck yes. This battle was epic indeed. great paneling.

462416._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

A good guess going around is
Scarecrow
might be the new leader of the Yellow Lanterns. Replacing Sinestro.

Huh? Am I missing a joke?
They seem to be joining forces with the Green Lanterns and Sinestro's daughter and her crew seem to be all about restoring the image of the Yellow Lanterns after the Damage Sinestro has caused. I would think John Stewart or Soranik would be the leader?

They seem to be joining forces with the Green Lanterns and Sinestro's daughter and her crew seem to be all about restoring the image of the Yellow Lanterns after the Damage Sinestro has caused. I would think John Stewart or Soranik would be the leader?

Is he already a Yellow Lantern in the comics?

tim1138

I think he's talking about the new Injustice game, not comics.

Mindwipe

If archie is in such bad straits that they have to cancel sonic, why would the company do something as costly getting Adam Hughes to write and draw an ongoing series and varmint covers.

I don't think it's that they are in bad straights, so much as there are rumours the relationship between them and Sega is in a pretty bad place after the various rights debacles. Sega may have decided to not renew or wack the price up.

Injustice 1 sale on CMX.

It's very tempting, but I just blew £20 on the three remaining volumes of Priest Black Panther in the other sale.

It's literally stupid how good Giant Days is.

Yes, yes it is.

I don't think it's that they are in bad straights, so much as there are rumours the relationship between them and Sega is in a pretty bad place after the various rights debacles. Sega may have decided to not renew or wack the price up.

It's very tempting, but I just blew £20 on the three remaining volumes of Priest Black Panther in the other sale.

Yes, yes it is.
I just saw the BP by Priset volumes are on sale. I don't have enough for them before I get my paycheck by which time the sale will be over. :(

Already have the first one.

TheFlow

Banned
Ether #1

What a great chapter. The colors and drawings took me by surprise.

Ether #2

Another awesome chapter. If anybody has ever read Samurai Jack(IDW) or Cage(Marvel) you will feel right at home. Cool sidekick, interesting mystery, and crazy creatures.

Darkhorse has a hit on their hands.

Ether #1

Ether #2

Another awesome chapter. If anybody has ever read Samurai Jack(IDW) or Cage(Marvel) you will feel right at home. Cool sidekick, interesting mystery, and crazy creatures.

YES

HERE WE GO

#2 spoils

Did you feel like the flashback and the "rules" of accessing the magic world implied that Boone ends up trying to kill himself over the portal and only then discovers it can access the other world? That shit crushed me when I figured it out.

TheFlow

Banned
YES

HERE WE GO

#2 spoils

Did you feel like the flashback and the "rules" of accessing the magic world implied that Boone ends up trying to kill himself over the portal and only then discovers it can access the other world? That shit crushed me when I figured it out.

Pretty much. I can only assume something
Hazel died or was lost in the Ether. She might come back as the new Blaze.

Ether #1

Ether #2

This looks really cool. Never heard of this until now.

TheFlow

Banned
Captain America: Steve rogers #8

ok well a lot of shit was revealed. Steve is going for diabolical stuff. We are definitely getting a war

Captain America: Steve Rogers #9
damn can't believe we gotta wait till #10 to find out who wins the trial. Solid issue

tim1138

Not currently that I know of.
Seems there is some history of a Yellow ring seeking Crane in the past but has been stopped by the Green Lanterns.

Ohhhh ok. I was so confused because of what is going on in the current comics.

He had a ring for a minute in Blackest Night, but that's it as far as I know.

Mindwipe

I am hyped as shit about Injustice 2. I think it looks great. DLC is annoying but the nature of life.

Look me in the eye and tell me you don't want to see Darkseid's super use the Omega Effect to send your opponent back in time to get beaten up through history. You can't, can you?

I just saw the BP by Priset volumes are on sale. I don't have enough for them before I get my paycheck by which time the sale will be over. :(

Already have the first one.

I bought the first one in the last sale, which is why I'm lumping on it.

tim1138

He was actually one of the choices for deputy ringbearer which made sense. Barry as hope and Mera as rage though?

Barry as Blue made sense to me, the ones I thought were odd were the Atom and Mera. At least with Mera Johns used her well as a Red, I don't remember Indigo Atom doing anything.

Top Bottom