• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Hagi

Hmm the crew sounds interesting but it's weird that they default to ongoing instead of limited series especially in light of their current efforts. Seems like the only character they do limited series for these days is Deadpool. TV Misty looks weird.

The only good thing to ever come out of Thunderbolts was Taskmaster kicking the shit out of the entire team while disguised as Deadpool

I don't care what anyone says I hate those books

it's all bad, maaaaan, society's fucked up and only I, Alan Moore, can stand above the brain-dead conformist sheeple, so let's tear it all down maaaaan, the corporations, man, society

politics? yeah man, politics

I mean he did write Mogo Doesn't Socialize, so if anyone else is better qualified...

VanWinkle

Did the old Wildstorm have a connected universe? I've only read Planetary so I don't know. There are a couple I want to get to eventually, though.

Royal Rumble could be good though

Also, if Trump wrecks things I'm sure he'll take other countries with us so there's that.

oh Sillymonkey.... So optimistic.

The day silly monkey has been waiting for is finally here

We would all be safer if Roman Reigns had been elected. You people could have written-in your ballots, people. No excuses.

I never thought I'd use the words "nightmare world" in a serious manner to my sisters at all in my life

I can't even say you're probably exaggerating. There are some truly bad possibilities with the group that Trump has put together. It's like a little kid picking all his friends for his team in gym class.

lmao Not really accurate, but funny.

What if Shade was Doom Patrol??

Do you mean what if Shade was on the team? Then she wouldn't need a solo book and they could put a good comic in that place instead. :3

Shade is the best Young Animal book imo.

I love it and Doom Patrol roughly the same but they satisfy two different ends for me. I love the surreal art and how it seems to flow easily in Shade, but I feel like it has sort of had a shortness of plot for me. Doom Patrol it's like an all out crazyfest with fun plot and story happening in pretty much ever panel. I love them both but for different reasons.

That whole part in DP #3 with Casey remembering her past while it telling the story through old comic book covers was just too damn good.

Aceun

I hope ya'll ain't sleeping on Mosaic. That comic is lit as hell.

The most recent issue with Spider-man was fantastic.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The Black Hammer Annual turned out pretty well. It felt relevant while mostly telling old stories that connected together. The art wasn't the problem I thought it was going to be. Nate Powell, Nguyen, Emi Lennox, and Allred were all great to the surprise of absolutely nobody but me. The Kindt's were fine too. Ray Fawke's was the only one I didn't really care for.

VanWinkle

Yep, and if you were so inclined I'm sure there is a reading order guide for the universe as a whole.

Very cool. What would you say is essential reading from Wildstorm? I have the Planetary Omnibus (read it twice, absolutely loved it). I am planning on getting The Authority.

TheFlow

Banned
Huge shade fan but like others have said DP #3 sealed the deal on it being the best. Shade is the niche of the titles so I can see if someone didn't like it.

Top Bottom