• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Zombine

Banned
When Messi and I hung out, I legit would buy like 3 things of vitamin water and regular water and crush them. I was going on that and spending money.

Also, I really hate soup. The only soup I like is tomato soup and broccoli cheddar.

Messi

I love this

C2oAV4aXgAMe_WH.jpg

They are both so wonderful in Bombshells.

DC make this a statue pls

kmfdmpig

Just read The Ray JLA special. It was solid and did a great job of setting up the character and showing how depressing his life was for so long.

shingi70

Banned
Reading the current issue of JL. So what's the deal with Arbus are they just military or the faux shiled organization with power armor.

shingi70

Banned
It's interesting how some books handle Superman. The superbooks and Trinty are built upon that fact that he's not from out earth, but outside of 1 small plot in Justice League every other D.C. Book take some it as face value as if he's always been Superman. Aquaman has Superman show up and they have a convo that could only work if it were between Arthur and the new 52 Clark.

Messi

It's interesting how some books handle Superman. The superbooks and Trinty are built upon that fact that he's not from out earth, but outside of 1 small plot in Justice League every other D.C. Book take some it as face value as if he's always been Superman. Aquaman has Superman show up and they have a convo that could only work if it were between Arthur and the new 52 Clark.

This annoys me more than it should.

TheFlow

Banned
It would make sense seeing heroes as heroes again.

Right in time for the new Avengers movi...UGGGHHHHH

Heroic Age May 2010.

Avengers Infinity War Part 1: May 4th 2018

Heroic Age 2.0 May 2018?

it basically writes itself.

I really hope you're joking.
I am just speculating based off the trend off Marvel reviving old events/crossovers. Heroic age would actually be the next one up after dark reigns 2.0

mreddie

Axel: "Should we bring back the digital copy codes now that DC is doing the same?"
Tom: "Digital copies? BUT THEY COULD PIRATE THEM! Plus they are only doing it to the low selling books."
Axel: "But a chunk of our books are low selling too?"
Tom: "SILENCE!"

Sandfox

Heroic Age May 2010.

Avengers Infinity War Part 1: May 4th 2018

Heroic Age 2.0 May 2018?

it basically writes itself.

I am just speculating based off the trend off Marvel reviving old events/crossovers. Heroic age would actually be the next one up after dark reigns 2.0

Secret Empire is going to be our story about heroes uniting based on the art we've seen.

TheFlow

Banned
Secret Empire is going to be our story about heroes uniting based on the art we've seen.
Before I begin let me say this all just speculation of course but please let's not dismiss my claims because any person can see I have some ground to stand on. OK let's begin.

Instead of Skrulls we have secret hydra agents. One is already planted in the White House.

I mean heroes united in secret invasion too against the skrulls. Cap is calling on an
invasion

so I would hope they would unite.

Then to further provide some basis to my claim. Secret Empire is an summer event

If this Dark Reign 2.0 is real then it is clearly a Fall event. since it says 2017..

Which further backs up my theory because

Secret Invasion is what led to Dark Reigns

"Dark Reign" is a 2008–2009 comic book branding used by Marvel Comics. It deals with the aftermath of the "Secret Invasion" storyline, which led to a shift of power in the Marvel Universe toward Norman Osborn.[1][2][3] The title "Dark Reign" refers to Osborn's rise to national power and the ramifications thereof

Then Heroic age was the aftermath directly afterwards in May 2010. which based off how this is lining up for 2017 would end right around May 2018.

Avengers 3 releases in May. so why not do a soft relaunch for new readers.

We are either getting a Infinity War 2.0 or and Heroic Age 2.0 under the guise of a different title.

Your honor I rest my case.

Sandfox

Before I begin let me say this all just speculation of course but please let's not dismiss my claims because any person can see I have some ground to stand on. OK let's begin.

I mean heroes united in secret invasion too against the skrulls. Cap is calling on an
invasion

so I would hope they would unite.

Then to further provide some basis to my claim. Secret Empire is an summer event

If this Dark Reign 2.0 is real then it is clearly a Fall event. since it says 2017..

Which further backs up my theory because

Secret Invasion is what led to Dark Reigns

"Dark Reign" is a 2008–2009 comic book branding used by Marvel Comics. It deals with the aftermath of the "Secret Invasion" storyline, which led to a shift of power in the Marvel Universe toward Norman Osborn.[1][2][3] The title "Dark Reign" refers to Osborn's rise to national power and the ramifications thereof

Then Heroic age was the aftermath directly afterwards in May 2010. which based off how this is lining up for 2017 would end right around May 2018.

Avengers 3 releases in May. so why not do a soft relaunch for new readers.

We are either getting a Infinity War 2.0 or and Heroic Age 2.0 under the guise of a different title.

Your honor I rest my case.

Dark Reign 2.0 isn't a thing, which is why I made the post about me hoping you were joking. That art is one of the teasers from 2009.

TheFlow

Banned
Dark Reign 2.0 isn't a thing, which is why I made the post about me hoping you were joking. That art is one of the teasers from 2009.

that is why I said

"If this Dark Reign 2.0 is real then"

This is why I gotta trust Lordlore only when it comes to news

TheFlow and Sandfox are fighting over a 2009 print ad IN 2017!

Actually, was the Heroic Age good?
lol I wasn't sure if it was real or not mane! This is marvel we talking about.

Finally read Black Panther #9 tonight, and it was quite fitting given the day's events.

Maybe I'm only really noticing it now, the obvious parallels between Wakanda and the current US. "A government which confuses its own spectacle for intelligence," Shuri bringing the truth. I mean, I know who Coates is, I know what he writes about, but I guess it didn't slap me in the face with it until now, but I'm all for it.

VanWinkle

Man, Starman in space is just SO GOOD. I do miss Tony Harris' art, but other than that, consistently great and interesting stories.

Nudull

Banned
Will Secret Empire have a scene with the heroes facing a bunch of super-obvious HYDRA-clones of themselves as they psyche each other out over who is real, wasting their time and the reader's time too?

Will Secret Empire have a scene with the heroes facing a bunch of super-obvious HYDRA-clones of themselves as they psyche each other out over who is real, wasting their time and the reader's time too?

It's a Marvel event. We already know our time will be wasted.

mreddie

You know its amazing when the Avengers EMH show did that scene better justice than the book?

Top Bottom