• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

smisk

Damn, Doom Patrol #4 isn't even out yet? I gave up after #2 and that feels like forever ago. I've done a bad job at keeping up with comics, but am still enjoying the Star Wars stuff (especially Poe, first issue of Aphra was great too).

Messi

Damn, Doom Patrol #4 isn't even out yet? I gave up after #2 and that feels like forever ago. I've done a bad job at keeping up with comics, but am still enjoying the Star Wars stuff (especially Poe, first issue of Aphra was great too).

#4 was delayed but 4 and 5 are coming out within two weeks of each other.

What would a Sillymonkey OT even look like? Roman Reigns Photoshopped onto every cover?

It's not a good OT, it's not a bad OT....it's THE OT.

He also wrote the finest blurb ever in one of these threads:
Avx Consequences, all five issues in one month so you don't think of the consequences of spending money on it.

I laugh so much every time I think of it.
I bought that whole series.

I feel like the captain america books are coming out fast.like less than a month from each other per issue

I'm not sure about Captain Hydra but Captain America has been coming out pretty fast. 18 issues since...I wanna say November 2015?

That's fine though because it's the best

tim1138

Very cool. What would you say is essential reading from Wildstorm? I have the Planetary Omnibus (read it twice, absolutely loved it). I am planning on getting The Authority.

If you're planning on getting The Authority, then add Stormwatch vol 1 and 2 by Ellis. Knowing your taste in comics, definitely do not read any of the Millar Authority run, just pretend it ends at issue 12 and is only referenced again for the Planetary crossover.

I think you'd also dig Gail Simone's Gen13 run and Welcome to Tranquility.

James Robinson and Alan Moore had decent runs on WildCATS, but I have no idea how easy any of that is to find (and I seem to remember the Robinson run particularly be collected poorly).

Wildstorm also put out some great creator owned stuff like Global Frequency, A God Somewhere, the original Astro City runs, and Ex Machina.

Owzers

It's not a good OT, it's not a bad OT....it's THE OT.

He also wrote the finest blurb ever in one of these threads:

I laugh so much every time I think of it.
I bought that whole series.
Those were the best ots, and we will have them again. Who needs formatting and Valiant books?

smisk

Anyone reading Lemire's AD? Found the first issue intriguing but wasn't in love with the art. Will probably pick up the next two just to see what happens and learn more about the world.

She was in the Superman arc, I'm sure she'll turn up in Super Sons as well.

She's kind of unique in that she fills a "sister" role that none of the other Robins really had, afaik. Dick has had a trillion love interests, and they've all (other than maybe Jason pre RHATO) had female allies but Maya and Damian's dynamic is kind of unique.

If you're planning on getting The Authority, then add Stormwatch vol 1 and 2 by Ellis. Knowing your taste in comics, definitely do not read any of the Millar Authority run, just pretend it ends at issue 12 and is only referenced again for the Planetary crossover.

James Robinson and Alan Moore had decent runs on WildCATS, but I have no idea how easy any of that is to find (and I seem to remember the Robinson run particularly be collected poorly).

Wildstorm also put out some great creator owned stuff like Global Warming, A God Somewhere, the original Astro City runs, and Ex Machina.
Tim. I'm disappointed. How did you forget one of the best Wildstorm books? Brubakers and Philips cape/spy book Sleeper. 24 issues and it's amazing. And surpringly in the wildcats continuity.

Also Caseys Wildcats 3.0 is amazing. He takes it into a corporate business with cape stuff behind the scenes and I really loved it.

Acrylic7

ALWAYS!

zSEKQE5l.jpg

ijzbMlsl.jpg

never doing Barnes and nobles again unless its for regular books.
Absolutely zero packaging. Just raw cardboard and air.

VanWinkle

Wildstorm also put out some great creator owned stuff like Global Warming, A God Somewhere, the original Astro City runs, and Ex Machina.

Tim. I'm disappointed. How did you forget one of the best Wildstorm books? Brubakers and Philips cape/spy book Sleeper. 24 issues and it's amazing. And surpringly in the wildcats continuity.

Also Caseys Wildcats 3.0 is amazing. He takes it into a corporate business with cape stuff behind the scenes and I really loved it.

Awesome. Thanks, guys. :)

That should be Global Frequency in my post, not global warming, by the way. Stupid autocorrect.
Speaking of global frequency. They need to try and make it a tv show again. He original pilot didn't get picked up but the climate of tv has changed. I've never read a 12 issue series that seemed more designed to be a tv show than that one

tim1138

Speaking of global frequency. They need to try and make it a tv show again. He original pilot didn't get picked up but the climate of tv has changed. I've never read a 12 issue series that seemed more designed to be a tv show than that one

Right? It'd be a perfect hour long cable drama, you'd only need like two regular cast members and you could tell almost any kind of story each episode.

To anyone who has read Octavia Butler, if Doro was in the Marvel or DC universe how big of a threat would he be?

For those unfamiliar, Doro can inhabit the body of any person he encounters and when he does so that person's soul is killed and the body he leaves behind dies. He has enhanced strength in any body he occupies, but doesn't gain special abilities of any body he inhabits. Killing the body he's in will immediately make him jump into the closest body even if it's 4000 miles away. When his powers manifested he killed his entire village before he managed to stay in control. He can also track any person with powers.

To anyone who has read Octavia Butler, if Doro was in the Marvel or DC universe how big of a threat would he be?

For those unfamiliar, Doro can inhabit the body of any person he encounters and when he does so that person's soul is killed and the body he leaves behind dies. He has enhanced strength in any body he occupies, but doesn't gain special abilities of any body he inhabits. He can also track any person with powers.

can't speak for DC, but Marvel? He would be tracked down pretty quickly by one of these, I think.

good luck there.

Is it because of the Penance Stare?

no, but those aren't fun either.

Can it kill his consciousnesses because if it's just the body he'll just hop into another one probably theirs.

The ghost riders are pretty much wandering hellfire in solid form. They can just burn your soul out with it and destroy it. Hellfire attacks the soul but is especially destructive against supernatural and magical entities.

Killing people you shouldn't tends to summon them, they can see souls, spirits, supernatural things.

Indestructible unless you have fairly powerful magic, holy weapons, etc. you can't steal their bodies because they don't really have them in ghost rider form.

Top Bottom