• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Green Lanterns

As someone who suffers from pretty severe social anxiety and is dangerously close to being an Agoraphobic this issue was absolutely amazing. I like that the previous issue with Jessica realizing she would be a Green Lantern even with the Phantom Ring didn't just hand-wave her anxiety away like it was something that could just easily be overcome by some confidence. The very next issue we start with Jessica struggling to even get out of bed, and at first you almost want to get mad because it's like "Were doing this again?" but that's exactly what it's like. It's every day, some day things are easier and are easy to overcome but the very next day it's a whole different issue and it starts all over.

I really wonder if Sam Humphries has Anxiety himself or has someone close to him with it because this issue is so perfect. Can't recommend it enough for those who struggle with any kind of anxiety or knows anyone who does and struggles to understand it. This issue is really good and I am so thankful for it.

Green Arrow
1i6xmh.jpg

Green Lanterns

As someone who suffers from pretty severe social anxiety and is dangerously close to being an Agoraphobic this issue was absolutely amazing. I like that the previous issue with Jessica realizing she would be a Green Lantern even with the Phantom Ring didn't just hand-wave her anxiety away like it was something that could just easily be overcome by some confidence. The very next issue we start with Jessica struggling to even get out of bed, and at first you almost want to get mad because it's like "Were doing this again?" but that's exactly what it's like. It's every day, some day things are easier and are easy to overcome but the very next day it's a whole different issue and it starts all over.

I really wonder if Sam Humphries has Anxiety himself or has someone close to him with it because this issue is so perfect. Can't recommend it enough for those who struggle with any kind of anxiety or knows anyone who does and struggles to understand it. This issue is really good and I am so thankful for it.

Green Arrow
1i6xmh.jpg
He has. This was a deeply personal issue for him.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I like Jessica's anxiety, but not enough to slog through the Green Lanterns book. It's staying dropped.

He has. This was a deeply personal issue for him.

That's cool, that makes me appreciate him being able to write the character more.

I like Jessica's anxiety, but not enough to slog through the Green Lanterns book. It's staying dropped.

I was down on the first arc and actually dropped it myself, but I ended up hearing a lot of great stuff about the in between and the second arc that I ended up picking it back up and I've been really enjoying it.

Anybody been reading Hal Jordan and the GLC? Thoughts? I've heard it's hugely improved over Venditti's New 52 stuff.

I think it's been good but pretty slow pacing. There were 3 issues where most the corps was doing absolutely nothing and it took 12 issues for everyone to come together. Been liking it just wish it wasn't so damn slow.

Welp, Nordic Cinema Group(which my cinema is part of)was just sold to AMC and their owner Wanda. Nothing will apparently change for us(we focus on more international films than the usual american movies so we get The Handmaiden etc)but it's a weird feeling to have it happen over a day.

Welp, Nordic Cinema Group(which my cinema is part of)was just sold to AMC and their owner Wanda. Nothing will apparently change for us(we focus on more international films than the usual american movies so we get The Handmaiden etc)but it's a weird feeling to have it happen over a day.

It's never fun to have a more independent management structure get taken over by a...not.

Good luck, m'man.

kmfdmpig

Anybody been reading Hal Jordan and the GLC? Thoughts? I've heard it's hugely improved over Venditti's New 52 stuff.

It's been good. They've done a bit of building up some of the lesser known lanterns like Tomar-Tu and Soranik. The art has been great.

It's not on par with Tomasi's run on GLC back around the Sinestro War era, but it's good comics.

The other Green Lantern book has been getting better as well. It's not great, but it's solid.

I've been enjoying IvX quite a lot, so it's disappointing that I have yet to find a good tie-in. The Jean/Karnak issue of UXM was pretty decent, but it's been all downhill ever since.

What bothers me most is how these tie-ins undermine the notion that the X-Men are working as a competent, militant group who thought three steps ahead before they attacked and made some tough but tactically sound decisions. Like...I just read All-New #17. You gonna tell me nobody said
"hmmm Iceman's boyfriend lives in New Attillan and he freaked out during the meeting. Maybe he's too close to this. Maybe putting him on the front line is a bad move."
Come ON.

It doesn't really lead to anything, thank god, but it's super dumb

Hagi

I have a feeling Lee was not received well so fuck it, Brock gets the symbiote again.

In internet speak he was a generic edge-lord so I guess they thought it was better to bring back the original edge-lord instead. Hard to get excited about Symbiotes in 2017.

Hmmm, has Hillbilly #5 been delayed? It is supposed to be out Wednesday but I can't find it on CMX today. If I recall correctly, though, #4 just kinda popped up on release day.

Freeza? Heard anything?

Owzers

Some of this Crew stuff in 7 and 8 of black panther makes the book seem off-track like a bad crossover. What each of you offered is much more than skin deep. Eden blah blah blah, Luke we are brothers, and Misty, I don't know you.

Some of this Crew stuff in 7 and 8 of black panther makes the book seem off-track like a bad crossover. What each of you offered is much more than skin deep. Eden blah blah blah, Luke we are brothers, and Misty, I don't know you.
Hope you're ready to pick up a new 3.99$ book of more of that for 6-12 issues.

Top Bottom