• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Eisner-winning writer Greg Rucka (LAZARUS, BLACK MAGICK, Wonder Woman) and critically acclaimed artist Leandro Fernandez (THE DISCIPLINE, Deadpool, Punisher: MAX) join forces for the all-new, action-packed, era-spanning series THE OLD GUARD, set to launch this February 2017. Trapped in an immortality without explanation, THE OLD GUARD follows Andromache of Scythia—“Andy”—and her comrades as they ply their trade for those who can find—and afford—their services

OldGuard-01_cvr_351_540.jpg

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/the-old-guard-marches-into-stores-this-february

FUCKIN' YES. Rucka does Highlander-esque mercenaries? Sign me up!

Owzers

I don't like the whole Storm/Black Panther interactions, it seems like continuity leftovers. Finished issue #8 and on to 9 in my " i'm reading comics" agenda.

I loved the crew stuff in Black Panther. Is there a new book coming up featuring that team?

List

Detective Comics 949
Island 14
Black Panther 10
Hulk 2
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 15

I had completely forgotten Mania was a thing that happened. She was cool back in Flash's pre-GOTG series.

VENOM2011040_col.jpg

What happened to her?

She went sort of crazy in the conclusion of the last Venom series but Flash "fixed" her. Should be fine.

Whatever caused the symbiote to leave Flash happened off panel, but it's implied Flash abandoned it.

Owzers

It's weird when you sit down to watch a movie and slowly start to think you've already seen it. I usually can keep track of this but how many random knights/Roman soldier movies have I seen? Apparently Last Knights is one of them.

Yeah they put it officially on hold so both could do wonder woman. It's back early summer. Nicola Scott is already back drawing it. That's not what is happening with Lazarus.

Do you have an idea as to what is happening? I'm a bit behind on that book, but it's one of my favorites.

Do you have an idea as to what is happening? I'm a bit behind on that book, but it's one of my favorites.

Hold off on the most recent story. It moves too fast for the pace of publication, really sucking all the excitement out of it.

The finale is supposed to hit in late February now but who knows. It has been three months since the last issue.

Rucka seems like a writer who tops out at a couple of projects. Black Magick is on the way back, WW is twice a month and now Old Guard. I will be happy just to get the end of this arc.

Messi

Nice, Takara on Detective. Apart from that not much else new and exciting for me. Very excited for Allreds on Doom Patrol.

TheFlow

Banned
How is Beyond? I've been thinking about picking it up.
Not going to lie this joker arc is meh. Terry is rusty and has to do some sly shit to stand a chance. Kinda reminds me of the batman beyond joker movie but no Bruce

Plus side is the book only cost 3 dollars per month.

Top Bottom