• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

shingi70

Banned
Man Ruka's take on wonder woman is okay, but vastly independent to the ass run he seems dedicated to trampling over. I'm surprised DC allowed him to do since it in proxy also fucks over Johns Grail story.

Ross61

Man Ruka's take on wonder woman is okay, but vastly independent to the ass run he seems dedicated to trampling over. I'm surprised DC allowed him to do since it in proxy also fucks over Johns Grail story.

Don't know if it will fuck over all of the story when there appears to be someone that might be
Jason( Wonder Woman's brother)
in the new preview for #15.

Read Chrononauts

I shouldn't be surprised Mark Millar basically wrote a comic on the premise that he wanted his characters to namedrop as much as possible

Posted in the lego thread. I have never gone for funko pops but omg I need all of these

New BrickHeadz have been revealed, available on February 15th for VIPs, and March 1st for everyone.

XT3caCV.jpg

3ljzyWK.jpg

aWKbwDZ.jpg

HDM8bzP.jpg

dm9zqYX.jpg

zguBLhC.jpg

ptVg1AM.jpg

c46kvtb.jpg

There will also be releases for Belle and the Beast, from the upcoming Beauty and the Beast movie.

Note that these are different from the SDCC ones, so are the SDCC BrickHeadz convention-exclusive, or are they being released at a later date?

I guess these will be a lot smaller than pops

I will put them on my mantle

Edit: I will of course require the Ron Swanson pop

What's next, The Dude?

Tizoc

mY 3 YEAR OLD nephew would love that Hulk brickhead. The suggested age though is a reason I wouldn't be getting one for him anytime soon though.

mY 3 YEAR OLD nephew would love that Hulk brickhead. The suggested age though is a reason I wouldn't be getting one for him anytime soon though.

I don't think there is a set with Hulk but there are some neat super hero sets right now in Duplo. There is an awesome Batcave Duplo set

Tizoc

Y'all PS4 peeps better be getting one of the hottest games of the month

I don't think there is a set with Hulk but there are some neat super hero sets right now in Duplo. There is an awesome Batcave Duplo set

His mother actually tried to get him into LEGO with duplo but he ain't into it heh.
He started liking Hulk the most from what I've seen so I figure I can get him some Hulk stuff.
Speaking of which wasn't there a kids-centered Hulk Adventures comic book? Did that have any good stories?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I would love if they could go back to how political they were back then. I often have a random issue and suddenly there is a sideplot about a demonstration or drugs or race-relationships. And I always amazed because this stuff make all these books so much more important. I was so confident when I heared about the first arc of Sam Wilson, that it will be that important again, but it kinda went away in my observation (Or I am reading just the wrong books).

This is also amazing:

Its chilling how relevant this is for this day and age.

Sandfox

I would love if they could go back to how political they were back then. I often have a random issue and suddenly there is a sideplot about a demonstration or drugs or race-relationships. And I always amazed because this stuff make all these books so much more important. I was so confident when I heared about the first arc of Sam Wilson, that it will be that important again, but it kinda went away in my observation (Or I am reading just the wrong books).

This is also amazing:

Its chilling how relevant this is for this day and age.
Black Panther and the Crew sounds like it will be political based on the initial interview. There are a few books here and there that deal with certain issues like Nighthawk did.

arkon

Y'all PS4 peeps better be getting one of the hottest games of the month

I'm tempted. To the point I actually want to pick up a ps4 to play it. Still holding out hope for an annoucement of PC ports though. Otherwise I guess it's deciding between a Pro or Slim.

Zombine

Banned
Shout out to Tom Brevoort for not having a clue why people are down on Marvel right now, taking the "holier than thou" route that it's because they're "too left."

Come on dude...really? It's because of the #1's, events left and right, unnecessary solo books, and some questionable creative staff. People aren't saying that there aren't good books, we're saying that you can do better and should stop phoning it in.

Edit: In regards to Gaming, there are a bunch of good games releasing in the same 5 day period. Even worse is the fact that if you don't buy these specific titles close to launch it can either outright kill the ip west, or we'll never see sequels/localizations here again (Yakuza, Dragon Quest, Gravity Rush 2, Resident Evil 7). Even though I won't get to some of these until they are discounted, I bought them all on launch day.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Actually, he is complaining that people on twitter call Marvel books to (political) left while other say they are not (political) left enough, which has nothing to do with the quality of the books or other business decissions - Unless there is a way to put the strategy to publish a lot of unnecessary #1 on a political scale somewhere between communism and facism.

Zombine

Banned
Actually, he is complaining that people on twitter call Marvel books to (political) left while other say they are not (political) left enough, which has nothing to do with the quality of the books or other business decissions - Unless there is a way to put the strategy to publish a lot of unnecessary #1 on a political scale somewhere between communism and facism.

Sure, he's addressing this. But it's also a swerve and does not acknowledge any of the problems people have. This shit tweet is on the eve of Big Bang disecting what is wrong with the brand right now. They got a lot of people talking and raised a ton of valid points.

"The problem is you--not us." Is all that Tom is saying.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sure, he's addressing this. But it's also a swerve and does not acknowledge any of the problems people have.

Thats true, I have read his Tumblr a long time and noticed that he sometimes tends to overreact, when confrontated about politics.
But in this case, I think its really insular about that single topic, and I think not that much other stuff plays into. But I agree, they should a bit more opener and try to tackle their current issues.

Edit, you wrote more while I took a decade to write my answer:

This shit tweet is on the eve of Big Bang disecting what is wrong with the brand right now. They got a lot of people talking and raised a ton of valid points.

"The problem is you--not us." Is all that Tom is saying
OK, didnt knew this, can you link the article? Havent read it.

I'm ready for Kate Leth to go on a drunken tirade rant on Marvel so she can finally burn that bridge. The sidestepping and small hints are getting tiring.

Zombine

Banned
OK, didnt knew this, can you link the article? Havent read it.

It's on the Big Bang Comics twitter. Tried to find the exact tweet but it got people talking on my timeline. It's an observation on their #1's and event obsession.

I'm ready for Kate Leth to go on a drunken tirade rant on Marvel so she can finally burn that bridge. The sidestepping and small hints are getting tiring.

Messi and I were talking about the Bennett/Leith divide. Bennett is very loud and ruffles feathers, but she has the talent and output to back her 100%. Leth on the other hand does not and is frequently isolating herself and will ultimately be considered a risk and won't land work. Foot firmly planted in mouth.

kmfdmpig

Sure, he's addressing this. But it's also a swerve and does not acknowledge any of the problems people have. This shit tweet is on the eve of Big Bang disecting what is wrong with the brand right now. They got a lot of people talking and raised a ton of valid points.

"The problem is you--not us." Is all that Tom is saying.

Yeah. It's pretty clear that the constant relaunches, which they used again and again to get those "First Issue OMG" bounces, have burned out readers and become less effective.

Who would have thought that going back to the same well 10 times more than one should would eventually mean it dried up?

Messi and I were talking about the Bennett/Leith divide. Bennett is very loud and ruffles feathers, but she has the talent and output to back her 100%. Leth on the other hand does not and is frequently isolating herself and will ultimately be considered a risk and won't land work. Foot firmly planted in mouth.
I don't think Bennett goes as far as to do harsh criticism on her colleagues at DC. She will express disappointment and challenge companies to do better but the difference between her and Leth is that she won't tell the company to go die in a fire. Bennett will throw shade at a male creator if they rightfully deserve it (Ex: Nick Spencer).
What happened?

Ever since she got her animation job she's basically done with Marvel comics, and possible mainstream comics. It's clear Hellcat was not a smooth experience as she wanted it to be.

Messi

It's on the Big Bang Comics twitter. Tried to find the exact tweet but it got people talking on my timeline. It's an observation on their #1's and event obsession.

I was essentially saying Bennett is smart enough not to do it and burn bridges she is standing on. Leth on the other hand has no problem talking about companies she is working for but removing the name of the company.

Zombine

Banned
It's not so much that the well dried up, the problem is that now there's lead in it and now our hair is starting to fall out.

Edif: in regards to Bennett/Leith: I totally bungled the Bennett point. What Messi said is what we talked about and it's pretty on point.

I was essentially saying Bennett is smart enough not to do it and burn bridges she is standing on. Leth on the other hand has no problem talking about companies she is working for but removing the name of the company.

She's using Marvel's name more and more as Hellcat comes to a close so there goes the mystery.

kmfdmpig

In an industry with a clear big two, a fairly big third, and then scraps I'm not sure why anyone would burn a bridge with one of the big two. I understand getting mad, but it's not the best idea to publicly burn bridges.

I guess if she's sure she wants to stick to animation and not comics it doesn't matter, but it seems like an ill-conceived choice to me.

Messi

In an industry with a clear big two, a fairly big third, and then scraps I'm not sure why anyone would burn a bridge with one of the big two. I understand getting mad, but it's not the best idea to publicly burn bridges.

I guess if she's sure she wants to stick to animation and not comics it doesn't matter, but it seems like an ill-conceived choice to me.

It seems like she is easily wound up and flies off the handle at the smallest perceived slight. She even lost it on behalf of Bennett recently over something. Where is was clear that had talked privately about something and she started subtweeting about it.

Top Bottom