• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Owzers

Can't say i liked Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, seems like a waste of time that could have been spent playing Overwatch comp and complaining about how terrible the matches were.

Messi

Kevin Maguire Hellboy is today's sketch. Figured y'all would like it.

IMG_1284.JPG

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I had to mute Spencer on Twitter, so I wouldn't see his tweets or RTs of them.

Just read Monsters Unleashed, what a snorefest

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers #10
It's good to see this book focus on the individual Rangers and how they deal with being heroes. Seeing inside Billy's head, the Ranger who has always been more brains than brawn, deal with being the weakest of the group combat wise and how someone who has never been a brawler or stood up in the frontlines actually have to put himself out there. It's just a good character piece and I really liked it,

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers #11
Another strong issue, this time back on the plot. In a twist that I ferociously called a ways back, the big question now is
what are "Drakkon"'s powers? They aren't the White Tiger powers, because Saba was locked under the base, but they're clearly more than the standard Green Dragon powers. I suppose the best answer would be a fusion. It's also interesting to point out that this is after the acquisition of the Thunder powers, but before the Ninja powers. It explains why the new Black Rangers (interesting choice for a police squad) still have the Mastodon emblem.

This book stays strong.

All-New Wolverine #14
So I decided to jump back on this book, and in doing so I decided to grab the issues that were on the wall at my LCS.

That said, I don't have much to say. This is a lot of set up and aftermath from an issue I haven't read. Pretty good issue in terms of action and pacing. Gabby is still pretty great. The interaction with the pirate was really funny. Not much to say otherwise.

All-New Wolverine #15
So I like this book. I like Laura. And I like Kimura as her big bad, but Laura needs some new villains. Kimura's getting old. And there's just something about Wolverines and Madripoor...

Good issue all around, though.

All-New Wolverine #16
So, that's a little new. Though generic, I'm actually fine with Kimura's new motives because they aren't just entirely about controlling Laura, but control in general. She enjoys control. She needs it and craves it. So I like that. Now, why does
Tyger know who Laura is? I literally know nothing about this character. Also; fuck Gambit. Is he playing the rogue for hire card again? Jeezus he's boring.

I don't know why I dropped this book after I picked it up the first time.

Just realized Marvel is releasing Prelude to War of Kings last. Stay classy. At least we getting everything in Omnis though so can't really complain.

List

Artful 2

Animosity: The Rise

Hillbilly 5

The Dregs 1
No Angel 2

Backstagers 6
Skybourne 3

Dead Inside 2
Ether 3

Deathstroke 11
Doom Patrol 4
JLA Killer Frost Rebirth
Teen Titans 4
Wonder Woman 15

TMNT 66

Loose Ends 1
Saga 42

Black Panther 10
Captain Hydra 10
CWII: The Oath
Daredevil 16
Doctor Strange 16
Extraordinary X-Men 16
Hulk 2
Infamous Iron DOOM 4
IvX 3
Prowler 4
Spider-Woman 15
Star Wars 27
Thanos 3

Can't say i liked Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, seems like a waste of time that could have been spent playing Overwatch comp and complaining about how terrible the matches were.

I haven't seen it yet. You should try A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. It's really quite good.

Owzers

I haven't seen it yet. You should try A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. It's really quite good.
I added it to the list, but it seems like my Netflix watching never goes anywhere. Recently I watched a really gorey hallloween anthology Tales of Halloween. next up is either a knight movie called Last Knights or a zombie one The Rezort.

I'm surprised how little desire I have to watch Jessica jones or Luke Cage, I presume it's because I didn't really like daredevil that much, and I still need to get back to iZombine.

List

Aliens Defiance #9
Briggs Land #6
Ether #3
Detective Comics #949
JLA: Killer Frost Rebirth #1
Wonder Woman #15
Loose Ends #1
Saga #42
Shutter #26
Hulk #2
Hillbilly #5
Uber Invasion #2

Huh. Someone at Diamond forgot to censor a couple of the Zombie Tramp risque variants on this week's list.

Owzers

Wonder Woman 12: kinda good

Wonder Woman 13: kinda terrible

I want off this train. The past story is slow but slightly endearing, the present story is an uninteresting mess, and they just don't go well together, how was this the big overall plan Rucka had for his new series?

Vibranium

Banned

Yeah, as people said, the nazi is just looking for the attention he craves. Spencer should move on think, not a good look for him. I'm glad I don't use Twitter.

Speaking of Carol and awful things happening to her, I love the story of when Claremont found out what happened to her in Avengers 200. He was apparently feuding with David Michelinie (the writer of that crap) at the time, and lost his shit when he read the issue. And immediately fixed things.

Messi

Final List before Marvel starts to fuck over people by removing digital codes.

Batgirl #7
Detective Comics #949
Doom Patrol #4
Justice League of America Killer Frost
Justice League Suicide Squad #6
Kamandi Challenge #1
Odyssey of the Amazons #1
Suicide Squad #10
Teen Titans #4
Wonder Woman #15

Loose Ends #1
Reborn #4
Saga #42
Shutter #26
Wayward #20

Avengers #1.MU
Black Panther #10
Captain America Steve Rogers #10
Civil War II Oath #1
Daredevil #16
Deadpool #25
Dr Strange #16
Extraordinary X-Men #18
Ghost Rider #3
Hulk #2
Infamous Iron Man #4
IvX #3
Moon Girl and Devil Dino #15
Prowler #4
Spider-Man Deadpool #1.MU
Spider-Woman #15
Totally Awesome Hulk #15

Jem and the Holograms #23
Animosity The Rise #1
Lady Castle #1
Lumberjanes #34
Power Rangers Pink #6
Spell on Wheels #4

Fairly light all things considered.

Messi

Yeah, I gotta see which Marvoo books to trim on, some might be digital altogether.

Ballsy move of Marvel to give readers a chance to look at their pull list and go....maybe I dont need to read all this shit. Because that is exactly what I have done and I'm easily cutting down to 4-5 marvel books from 95% of the line. I hope it is worth it to them.

Because if Marvel thinks I am gonna pull all them books without that incentive.

giphy.gif

I'm still going through Marvel's backlog, reading Claremont X-men (it's gotten much better since I started), what do people not like about current Marvel, or what would they want out of a "Rebirth"? Original incarnation of characters returning? Double shipping on some titles? Less line wide events? Classic team setups and relationship status quos?

TheFlow

Banned
I'm still going through Marvel's backlog, reading Claremont X-men (it's gotten much better since I started), what do people not like about current Marvel, or what would they want out of a "Rebirth"? Original incarnation of characters returning? Double shipping on some titles? Less line wide events? Classic team setups and relationship status quos?

there are just too many marvel books that aren't really necessary. some things don't need their own series.

Messi

Someone to have a clue what they are doing. There doesn't seem to be any real direction for the company in regards to comics. Taking away digital codes was a massive fuck you to me. Along with the constant creeping upwards of the price. Its about time Marvel stopped taking people like me for granted and assuming we will support whatever bullshit they will do. They aren't hungry anymore.

shingi70

Banned
One thing for marvel would be to cut down on the amount of team books. Really there should be

Avengers
New/West avengers
Champions
Guardians
X-men
Defenders
Inhumans

Xmen is abbot different but for the main super teams there's no need for five avengers titles.

mreddie

Calm down on the forced pushes.
Calm down on the events and the event delays.
Stop giving books to those who don't do much unless you have a idea what to do them.

TheFlow

Banned
One thing for marvel would be to cut down on the amount of team books. Really there should be

Avengers
New/West avengers
Champions
Guardians
X-men
Defenders
Inhumans

Xmen is abbot different but for the main super teams there's no need for five avengers titles.

amen.

Sandfox

It depends on who you ask, but things like price and the number of events are common complaints.
there are just too many marvel books that aren't really necessary. some things don't need their own series.
The problem there is that Marvel is always going to put out a certain number of books a month so now they are trying out a lot of stuff new or old to fill those slots.

Messi

I'd remove Champions and just call them Young Avengers. Its all about branding regardless. That's why we have so many Avengers books.

Sandfox

Avengers
New/West avengers
Champions
Guardians
X-men
Defenders
Inhumans

You forgot about the Thunderbolts and New Warriors books now that a lot of the members are back.
I'd remove Champions and just call them Young Avengers. Its all about branding regardless. That's why we have so many Avengers books.
Personally I think the the Young Avengers team and name should stay away forever. I see it as their thing and a lot of them have all moved past it.

I just want an X-book with a team that actually feels fresh. None of this rehashed 60/70/80/90's line-ups.

Mike Carey is the gold standard for team rosters as far as I'm concerned:

Owzers

What do you guys think about spending $7 a month to ship 7 comics in the U.S.? Would you just go digital? I like getting floppy image books since some have nice paper thickness like Hickman and remender books.

Top Bottom