• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nook HD+ owners:

Is there a little gap/space between the screen and bezel at the top right corner on your device?

mine has a little space on the right, and on the left the screen gets a little distorted in the corner when pressure is applied to the top left corner.
I'll check mine when I get home from work, but I don't recall anything like what you're describing.

Owzers

I'll check mine when I get home from work, but I don't recall anything like what you're describing.

Mainly when you press down on the top right corner you'll notice some give/space before it hits presses against the screen, whereas the other areas of the bezel are flush.

tim1138

Does anyone else remember Jae Lee's run on X-Factor from back in the 90s? Dude drew the best Archangel during that awful X-Cutioners Saga or whatever it was called crossover.

-edit-

Here's one of the covers:
x-factor-86.jpg

Mainly when you press down on the top right corner you'll notice some give/space before it hits presses against the screen, whereas the other areas of the bezel are flush.
Okay, I took a look at mine and... I guess I see what you're talking about? Where the case bezel meets the glass might be slightly gapped compared to the rest of the screen, but we're talking about such a miniscule measure that I can't even be sure. Honestly, I wouldn't have noticed a thing had you not said anything, it's that small a difference.

tim1138

yea that one. really enjoyed it. shame Nu52 happened would have loved to see what they had ins tore

also that was a great primer for trinity war since i dont read any of those books besides pandora

Basically the whole point of that Flash run was to set up Flashpoint and the N52.

Owzers

Okay, I took a look at mine and... I guess I see what you're talking about? Where the case bezel meets the glass might be slightly gapped compared to the rest of the screen, but we're talking about such a miniscule measure that I can't even be sure. Honestly, I wouldn't have noticed a thing had you not said anything, it's that small a difference.

Luckily i said something and now you can't stop looking at the gap? It's getting wider every time you see it and eventually your small pet will fall in it and be stuck inside a wolverine comic. Also thanks for checking, it is really miniscule and i'll look the device over more before deciding to return it just on that gap. I'm mainly worried about dust accumulating in that corner when trying to clean it and getting stuck under the screen.

Does the top left corner sit really flush and causes distortion when pressure is applied?

Luckily i said something and now you can't stop looking at the gap? It's getting wider every time you see it and eventually your small pet will fall in it and be stuck inside a wolverine comic. Also thanks for checking, it is really miniscule and i'll look the device over more before deciding to return it just on that gap. I'm mainly worried about dust accumulating in that corner when trying to clean it and getting stuck under the screen.

Does the top left corner sit really flush and causes distortion when pressure is applied?
It does but I have to REALLY press on it to cause distortion. Harder than I'd have any reason to press on the screen.

Owzers

Superior Spider-Man bugs me. How many panels can you have ghost parker complaining, and it's always the same matter of fact statements like " no ock you can't do this! I must find a way to stop you. If i think real hard maybe.." over and over again. Every page is annoying, currently on issue #8.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Superior Spider-Man bugs me. How many panels can you have ghost parker complaining, and it's always the same matter of fact statements like " no ock you can't do this! I must find a way to stop you. If i think real hard maybe.." over and over again. Every page is annoying, currently on issue #8.

Don't worry,
ghost-Peter goes away soon enough. Next issue, #9, in fact.

So Wolverine sale on Comixology. I haven't read a lot of Wolvie, any suggestions? I think for sure I want to read Enemy of the State and Wolvie: Agent of SHIELD.

Is Rucka's run highly recommended?

Acid08

Banned
You're almost there.

Oh, it gets much better. the finale of the latest issue was just amazing.

tim1138

This Trinity War comic that everyone's talking about, which comics does it span over?

Already out:

Prelude: Pandora #1
Part 1: Justice League #22
Part 2: Justice League of America #6
Part 3: Justice League Dark #22
Tie in: Constantine #5

Next week:

Tie in: Pandora #2

August:

Tie in: Phantom Stranger #11
Part 4: Justice League of America #7
Tie in: Pandora #3
Part 5: Justice League Dark #23
Part 6: Justice League #23

Already out:

Prelude: Pandora #1
Justice League #22
Justice League of America #6
Justice League Dark #22
Tie in: Constantine #5

Do you recommend reading all the issues in each comic to catch up? I'm only caught up in JL. Haven't read JLA or JLD yet. And not really all to interested in Constantine.

tim1138

Do you recommend reading all the issues in each comic to catch up? I'm only caught up in JL. Haven't read JLA or JLD yet. And not really all to interested in Constantine.

You can pretty safely jump straight into Trinity War without being caught up on the books.

I don't normally read it, but the Constantine issue was pretty good.

Im wondering what the JLA team will be in a few months, after the events and the MM storyline. I really like the lineup and I dont want it to change, I want to see these characters interact.

tim1138

Im wondering what the JLA team will be in a few months, after the events and the MM storyline. I really like the lineup and I dont want it to change, I want to see these characters interact.

Just as long as they don't split up Vibe and Stargirl--the DCU's next power couple.

ReiGun

Whatever happens, I don't think the JLA
will be with A.R.G.U.S anymore. Unless Waller comes up with some way to control them (which she probably will).

Just as long as they don't split up Vibe and Stargirl--the DCU's next power couple.

I don't know brah. Gypsy was giving him the eye. And unless Vibe's into braces, that'd be a downgrade.

Captain America was great, as usual. Remender keeps bringing it.

This makes the first New Avengers issue I wasn't crazy about. Felt like filler for the big stuff about to hit.

Hawkeye Annual...let's just say I really like the direction things are going here. The art felt a bit lackluster, particularly in many of the all black panels, but I understand it was a creative choice.

tim1138

Whatever happens, I don't think the JLA
will be with A.R.G.U.S anymore. Unless Waller comes up with some way to control them (which she probably will).

I don't know brah. Gypsy was giving him the eye. And unless Vibe's into braces, that'd be a downgrade.

Dude, Gypsy is totally going back to her home dimension. And when she leaves, Stargirl will be there to pick up the pieces.

-edit-

JLDark preview pages.
Black Adam with the box! Earth-2! Ollie holding Waller at arrow point!

Mikel Janin doesn't get nearly enough love for his work.

http://www.newsarama.com/18499-justice-league-dark-23-trinty-war-first-look.html

Owzers

Read the first 3 issues of Gillen's Iron Man on MU....it's so bad at times i think he's trolling readers, especially Pepper's line asking Tony if all women look the same to him. Was that a nudge at Land's art?

Gals and guys, three things before I head out:

-First, the last day of the month of July falls on a Wednesday, which as you all know is New Comics Day. Sooooo... when do you want me to post the August OT? That Thursday, and everyone moves their discussion of their 7/31 pickups into the August thread? Or wait until Monday the 5th to post it, and everyone starts off clean, talking about August books they're looking forward to?

-Second, I have not received anything from anyone on a potential "Bullhorn" segment in months. And, unless someone speaks up now, I'm just going to retire the concept from the OT until someone comes up with a better one. The idea of honoring Bandit's way of doing the OTs while still doing my own was a nice one, but it doesn't seem to have taken off.

-Third, another gentle reminder: I AM NOT MAKING THE SEPTEMBER THREAD. I've got firm plans around Labor Day, so I'll be taking a break and will resume making the OT in October.

Owzers

The return of sillymonkey321 as OT creator

I knew this day would come

comics-gaf has fallen on hard times. I don't see how i could make a September thread and not have the title be " Comics! lOTl September 2013: Let's all be sex criminals" It's all Fraction's fault like usual....but i guess there are alternative titles as well since it's also Villains' month.

Superior Spidey #9 was a lot better than the previous couple.

Dysun

Bendis went full out Bendis-mode in All New X-Men 14. My god, the dialogue

Had to roll my eyes like ten times at the cheese

Bull

I just realized Marvel finally put Hulk: Future Imperfect and Hulk: The End up on Comixology. I've been waiting for a couple years to buy these digitally to finally re-read them. I hope they hold up.

I also picked up the first issue of Batman '66. Why does it look like the art is meant to be viewed with 3D glasses? The text is OK but the art has red and blue lines around everything. I read less than 10 panels before giving up. Is the whole series like that?

Just ordered the Rebirth of Thanos which contains Thanos Quest 1&2

can't wait, supposedly they're pretty good, i shall consider them a prequel to Infinity Gauntlet which i just read (was awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom