• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arksy

If you ever to want to branch out more in the future, there are a lot of recent Marvel books that are easy to jump into! Hawkeye, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight are all pretty easy to jump into on issue 1 with zero prior knowledge.

My shop had all the bombshell variants today so I picked up the Harley one. Wanted Batwoman and Wonder Woman too but I tradewait on Batwoman and I haven't even started WW so I decided against them. Oh well!

I have absolutely nothing against the big two. I love them. I remember being very fatigued by both Blackest Night and Seige that I basically stopped reading comics all together. I haven't really read a comic at all from that point until now. Except from a spare few...I have read the first 10 issues of Hawkeye...

I wanted to get back into Comics before I went to SDCC next month and actually be able to interact with the creators...Last year when I went it was basically just me going 'Cool...who's that?'...I don't want to be that guy again.

tim1138

Oh my god, Wicked + Divine is so freaking good. This will more than do to make up for volume 3 of Phonogram being delayed. Book of the month stuff right here folks.

I have absolutely nothing against the big two. I love them. I remember being very fatigued by both Blackest Night and Seige that I basically stopped reading comics all together. I haven't really read a comic at all from that point until now. Except from a spare few...I have read the first 10 issues of Hawkeye...

I wanted to get back into Comics before I went to SDCC next month and actually be able to interact with the creators...Last year when I went it was basically just me going 'Cool...who's that?'...I don't want to be that guy again.
I gotchu. It's easy to get burned out if you try to keep up with events-- I usually ignore them myself.

It helps that a lot of Image books are awesome. Makes it easy to forget about Marvel/DC sometimes
Told my roommate to pick up Wicked and Divine because ya'll is freaking out. One of you needs to volunteer as sacrifice if I don't like it.
I nominate ReAxion to be the sacrifice

Next up is this:

BqbRvxhCAAAzLAv.jpg

Yay, got the variant!

This is my first experience with the creative team so I was getting this purely off hype and the solicit.....That was a really good first issue of a comic. That's how you introduce someone to your creative world and want them to stay. Dis gonna bee gud!

Next up is this:

BqbRvxhCAAAzLAv.jpg

Yay, got the variant!

This is my first experience with the creative team so I was getting this purely off hype and the solicit.....That was a really good first issue of a comic. That's how you introduce someone to your creative world and want them to stay. Dis gonna bee gud!

Not feeling that tiled floor. Bii set a high standard and you aren't keeping up. Look forward to your impressions. In fact, other people's impressions would be great. Why is this book good? Specifics. Spoilers where appropriate.

tim1138

Next up is this:

BqbRvxhCAAAzLAv.jpg

Yay, got the variant!

I was kinda hoping you'd hate it and give me your copy... :D
That cover is so good.

Not feeling that tiled floor. Bii set a high standard and you aren't keeping up. Look forward to your impressions. In fact, other people's impressions would be great. Why is this book good? Specifics. Spoilers where appropriate.

Does the solicit interest you at all or does the premise of the book intrigue you? If it does then that's your first step. If you can't get past that step, then the book might not be for you. A good first issue is going to try and hook you into the world and the characters but also leave enough mystery that you want to come back. That is what this issue does perfectly. There is still a shit ton of mystery and it could end up being stupid. But as a first issue, it was perfect.

Bii

Yes. Anna Maria is a little person.

Anna Maria Marconi is as small as you can see on those pages. She doesnt get any taller in issue 2. And i liked the second issue alot more than the first.

Bii smack talking my girl Anna Maria now?

Anna Maria is the best thing to come out of Superior Spider-Man. She is awesome and I hope they keep her around. Even though Peter
has done a shockingly bad job of letting her down.

No smack talking. Was just curious how short she really was. Kind of like how the Hobbits are portrayed in the LOTR movie trilogy. Sometimes they're "normal-sized" and other times they're small, especially whenever Gandalf is on a scene with them. :)

Like pulling off a band aid. Just keep hitting confirm and it doesn't feel like real money.

Can you guys send me some food please :(

Umm, wow. 79 books?! That's a few months' worth of books for me. Your backlog is going to be insane.

Does the solicit interest you at all or does the premise of the book intrigue you? If it does then that's your first step. If you can't get past that step, then the book might not be for you. A good first issue is going to try and hook you into the world and the characters but also leave enough mystery that you want to come back. That is what this issue does perfectly. There is still a shit ton of mystery and it could end up being stupid. But as a first issue, it was perfect.

Actually I'm fairly neutral about the whole affair. What interests me is other peoples interest in the book. It's why I got Deadly Class, and despite my issues with the main character, I've been enjoying it.

Title belt for what? We've all been hyped for WicDiv since it was announced.

Yeah but it made ReAxion change their avatar. Not even Messi reps Harley anymore.

Also, the news that Infinite Crisis was adding Supergirl got me hyped. But of course they didn't have it in yet. So played another match as mah boy Billy and rekt.

tim1138

Yeah but it made ReAxion change their avatar. Not even Messi reps Harley anymore.

Also, the news that Infinite Crisis was adding Supergirl got me hyped. But of course they didn't have it in yet. So played another match as mah boy Billy and rekt.

I keep meaning to change my avatar to something MP based but am too lazy.

Messi

Thought I would give ya'll a break and my pee gee is cute.

Come back to me when you buy 79 issues of Wicked and the Devine. I won't expect you back because it will get canned a long time before that. Just like Young Avengers.

Bii

Original Sin #4

14267069448_3a478db8fd_o.jpg

There are a lot of spoilers in this book; it was difficult for me to take pictures of scenes that didn't have anything or at least nothing too big. Just when you thought the twist has come and gone, there's another one on the last page. I forget who it was but whoever said it was
a Life Model Decoy and not the actual Nick Fury
was correct. I'm curious how all of this will play out. I absolutely love Rocket Raccoon's appearance. The wait for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie feels so far away (two months!).

14267056680_492626ab4a_o.jpg
14430558336_a3f270fc0e_o.jpg

Anyone wants the Marvel digital code to Original Sin #4, first person to reply in this thread requesting so will get my PM.

A picture on your table of a picture on the carpet... Bii, you're going too deep. You won't be able to find your way back if you keep this up.

It's funny how we all definitely have our go-to book to hype in here lol.

Messi with Harley and Catwoman
Tim with MP and Zero.
Korupt with Batman
Harrier with Legion related books

I don't even think I can pin point myself since I read so much and get excited about it all. Rat Queens?

Doesn't have to be a book.

I believe your love for statues has no bounds.

Cheska

It's funny how we all definitely have our go-to book to hype in here lol.

Messi with Harley and Catwoman
Tim with MP and Zero.
Korupt with Batman
Harrier with Legion related books

I don't even think I can pin point myself since I read so much and get excited about it all. Rat Queens?

SRG01

Ugh, Original Sin just felt like filler this issue. I mean, I get that they're trying to sell books, but nothing happened until the reveal.

Probably going to read Avengers when I get home.

tm24

Ugh, Original Sin just felt like filler this issue. I mean, I get that they're trying to sell books, but nothing happened until the reveal..

I don't know man, that Punisher/Rocket interaction was pretty much worth the price of admission

My thoughts on OS4

Holy shit. This book. THIS BOOK. I love it so much.

Vibranium

Banned
I don't like how Bucky was handled in Original Sin #4, I get that he was pissed at everyone, but Aaron wrote him a little too aggressive for my tastes (I know he can be a hardass to everyone except Steve and Natasha). Not a ton happened until the crazy end, that was interesting though. I still hope for Winter Soldier to be treated right by a good writer someday.

So if true, could this mean that
An older version of the "real" Fury has been around for some time, and is using LMD's for everything now? Curious to see where they take this.

Been over a month since I ordered anything off IST:
My first Absolute edition (Couldn't say no to that sale price)
DMZ HC vol 2, this volume is pretty big, 16 issues
Afterlife with Archie, very excited to read this
ATkR4a1l.jpg

tim1138

I've read this month's Manhattan Projects three times already today. Boy is the relationship between
Yuri and Laika
gonna get weird. And weird for this book is saying something.

Batman Eternal was pretty good again this week. Script by Tim Seeley, the Batman Inc fan so of course he is bringing in some cameos from that. The art was pretty cool. I wouldn't want every book like this but I am enjoying the artist changes so far in Eternal, keeps it fresh.

Wicked + Divine - Completely awesome. I kind of ignored a lot of the synopses for the series so I was going in blind and I was really impressed. The art and writing were great all the way through. Definitely gonna follow this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom