• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Guys don't forget to pick up and read your copy of Harley Quinn today. It's the start of a new arc and has the best duo in comics in it. It's also wonderful and upbeat. I know you are all hyped about Wicked and the Devine. Please understand.

Guys don't forget to pick up and read your copy of Harley Quinn today. It's the start of a new arc and has the best duo in comics in it. It's also wonderful and upbeat.

It was a fun issue alright. Harley and Ivy are so great together.

Messi pls, it says Divine right on the cover-- every cover!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Currently reading Moore´s From Hell ( Digital ). I´m loving it.

I always think of rereading this but I'm put off by the size of it. Digital is nice, you don't have the weight intimidating you so. I bet it looks nice zoomed in as well. The art in that book is so weird, it's almost incomprehensible on a flip through and yet when you're in it, it's incredibly detailed and almost photographic. So good.

Also, I've not read it yet but I flipped though Batman Eternal and it looks STUNNING, I cannot believe DC hired this guy. I bet there are so many deeply upset people this week hahaha. It's like fucking R Crumb and Seth Fisher's spirit working though Frank Quitely's fingers. Bootiful.

I always think of rereading this but I'm put off by the size of it. Digital is nice, you don't have the weight intimidating you so. I bet it looks nice zoomed in as well. The art in that book is so weird, it's almost incomprehensible on a flip through and yet when you're in it, it's incredibly detailed and almost photographic. So good.

Also, I've not read it yet but I flipped though Batman Eternal and it looks STUNNING, I cannot believe DC hired this guy. I bet there are so many deeply upset people this week hahaha. It's like fucking R Crumb and Seth Fisher's spirit working though Frank Quitely's fingers. Bootiful.

Looks like he will be doing more issues.

https://twitter.com/ssnyder1835/status/479226504610865152

TFAW Harley black and white statue changed on my order page to June 25th. I'm never getting it am I :(

TFAW? Yeah, same thing happened to me. I hear Diamond is allocating the fuck out of it. My LCS ordered two and Diamond changed the order to one. I hear DCBS is doing the same to people. All that aside, I don't know/think it's actually out yet.

Messi

TFAW? Yeah, same thing happened to me. I hear Diamond is allocating the fuck out of it. My LCS ordered two and Diamond changed the order to one. I hear DCBS is doing the same to people. All that aside, I don't know/think it's actually out yet.

Tfaw is where I ordered it. It's starting to feel like ill never get it :/

Zombine

Banned
Oh my god The Wicked + The Divine was AMAZINGGGGG!

tumblr_lp3ya5N0kg1r0xf9fo1_500.jpg

tim1138

Picked up Batman Eternal because of that art and it did not disappoint. Ian Bertram's art is absolutely phenomenal and the
Batman Inc heavy
plot was fine as a one and done. They should get Bertram on Batgirl, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Yeah, just incredible. I fell out of my seat.

Zombine

Banned
There was so damn much to love about The Wicked + The Divine. The
exploding heads
gag got a genuine giggle out of me. Art was beautiful. Least anticipated book of the week became my #1. Sorry for my doubting Gillen, shoulda known better.

Parch

Sounds like Batman Eternal should be my next Batman book. I've been DC-free for awhile (not including Vertigo). Time to change that.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Guys, what the fuck happened at the end of Batman and Ra's al Ghul this week? That fight got me so jacked up, and then Bats goes for the thumbs-in-the-eyes-head-explode-move and then
the world's most badass fashion designer comes out of fucking nowhere.

This book is so fucking great.

Oh, right!
Iron Man #2whatever. The new one.
Finished a really "eh" arc in a really "eh" way. The
Mandarin Rings got taken away after Tony started to beat down fools.(All rings except one, I guess.)
I enjoyed Mole Man's part, so that's something. Tony's brother is giving off some "I'm evil" vives, though.

tim1138

Guys, what the fuck happened at the end of Batman and Ra's al Ghul this week? That fight got me so jacked up, and then Bats goes for the thumbs-in-the-eyes-head-explode-move and then
the world's most badass fashion designer comes out of fucking nowhere.

This book is so fucking great.

Haha what?

tim1138

Tim, this is your area of expertise. Who the shit is
Glorious Godfrey
, and why is he such a badass?

Are you kidding me? That is awesome.

Glorious Godfrey is one of Darkseid's minions. He gets sent to Earth ahead of time to use his powers of persuasion to either try and glean the Anti-Life Equation from the people of Earth or brainwash them for Darkseid. Godfrey is fantastic.

What's the context for the appearance?

Zombine

Banned
Comic GAF in a nutshell right here.

Iol well I can either finish this damn Black Canary costume and buy our 3 day passes + hotel for NYCC or we can buy a dress that's worn once and a party that's more for family than it would ever be for us.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Are you kidding me? That is awesome.

Glorious Godfrey is one of Darkseid's minions. He gets sent to Earth ahead of time to use his powers of persuasion to either try and glean the Anti-Life Equation from the people of Earth or brainwash them for Darkseid. Godfrey is fantastic.

What's the context for the appearance?

Literally exactly what I said in my first post. The issue is an intense battle all throughout Nanda Prabat, with Bats, Frankenstein, and an army of yetis vs. Ra's and his army of Man-bats. Bats finally secures Damian's coffin, and tells Ra's that he will kill him if he tries to take it back from Bruce this time. Then it's the final fight between the two, and the tension is nuts, and then Bruce gets Ra's down and does the horrific thumbs-in-the-eyes and you think he's really about to kill this fucker, then BOOOM. Last page reveal is a dude, surrounded by an army of those flying Apokolips warriors and other goons, saying "Salutations from Apokolips. You may call me Glorious Godfrey."

This may have been my favorite last page reveal ever, and I don't even know who Glorious Godfrey really is.

Iol well I can either finish this damn Black Canary costume and buy our 3 day passes + hotel for NYCC or we can buy a dress that's worn once and a party that's more for family than it would ever be for us.

Why can't you wear the Black Canary outfit for the wedding?

tim1138

Literally exactly what I said in my first post. The issue is an intense battle all throughout Nanda Prabat, with Bats, Frankenstein, and an army of yetis vs. Ra's and his army of Man-bats. Bats finally secures Damian's coffin, and tells Ra's that he will kill him if he tries to take it back from Bruce this time. Then it's the final fight between the two, and the tension is nuts, and then Bruce gets Ra's down and does the horrific thumbs-in-the-eyes and you think he's really about to kill this fucker, then BOOOM. Last page reveal is a dude, surrounded by an army of those flying Apokolips warriors and other goons, saying "Salutations from Apokolips. You may call me Glorious Godfrey."

This may have been my favorite last page reveal ever, and I don't even know who Glorious Godfrey really is.

That is fucking awesome. The solicits for the
Robin Rises
stuff make a lot more sense now.

Did you watch Young Justice?

Filthy Slug

That is fucking awesome. The solicits for the
Robin Rises
stuff make a lot more sense now.

Did you watch Young Justice?

I watched a few episodes when it first aired, but fell off for some reason. If there's any of this dude in there, I'll track down the show and watch it asap. I seriously love this issue of Batman and Robin, but I bet I'd love it more with some more Kirby knowledge.

tim1138

I watched a few episodes when it first aired, but fell off for some reason. If there's any of this dude in there, I'll track down the show and watch it asap. I seriously love this issue of Batman and Robin, but I bet I'd love it more with some more Kirby knowledge.

They were playing the long game with him in YJ, but sadly it got canceled before it came to fruition.
He was the newscaster blasting the League and Superman if you remember any of those bits.

I wish I could give you all the Fourth World comics, it is so good. My love of those comics eclipses any other run on any other title. Kirby was a freaking genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom