• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

only korrupt would paint liking Batman as an underdog proposition

Best character can be anything you want him to be. That's why he is the best. Also clearly I'm not the only Bruce fan, even in this community. Just a lot more vocal Dickbat fans and more vocal Bruce Wayne haters.

Just read Catwoman. That was really good. Messina's art is just fantastic for this book. There was a moment in there
when Selina learns Batman is dead
that really tugged at the heart strings.

Drayco21

Oh man, Transformers: Windblade #3 might actually be my book of the week.

RIP Swindle, you glorious bastard, and holy shit, the redemption of Prowl and rejoining the Autobots to form Optimus Maximus was a really great, feel-good moment.
I guess I'm just a sucker for the power of friendship as a plot point.

Fan art but some creative team has to make it happen.

j9mm56T.jpg

fauxtrot

Banned
According to Comics Alliance, Mondo is putting out this statue based on the original Hellboy drawing by Mike Mignola... it's pretty cool, but not worth $200+, imo. The black & white limited edition version doesn't look as good as it could have with some artfully painted shadowing on it (like the Mignola Batman statue).

mondo-first-hellboy-statue-630x420.jpg

I still kinda want the colored version, though. =/

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I'm here at my LCS about to pick up Spider Gwen and Infinity Gauntlet. I'm about to get A-Force just cuz the they have the Skottie Young Variant for only a $1 more than the regular lol. I just can't resist the Giant size little Marvel art.

ReAxion

So I'm here at my LCS about to pick up Spider Gwrn and Infinity Gauntlet. I'm about to get A-Force just cuz the they have the Skottie Young Variant for only a $1 more than the regular lol. I just can't resist the Giant size little Marvel art.

They're all good.

So I'm here at my LCS about to pick up Spider Gwrn and Infinity Gauntlet. I'm about to get A-Force just cuz the they have the Skottie Young Variant for only a $1 more than the regular lol. I just can't resist the Giant size little Marvel art.
That kinda sucks that your shop charges more for the Skottie Young variants, mine just does cover price for those and they have like a whole rack for them now.

Still, Spider-Gwen and Infinity Gauntlet are good. Haven't read A-Force but it sounded solid so good choices!

tim1138

That kinda sucks that your shop charges more for the Skottie Young variants, mine just does cover price for those and they have like a whole rack for them now.

Still, Spider-Gwen and Infinity Gauntlet are good. Haven't read A-Force but it sounded solid so good choices!

Of course it's good, Carol punches a megladon shark.

Ordered "We Can Never Go Home 3." Bought it off the Black Mask Studios store two hours ago and still didn't get the download link... I just wanna read comics. Between this and the last download being fucked up they're trying really hard for this not to be my new favorite series.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Boo now I feel slightly ripped off lol. But glad to hear I made solid picks. I'm basically limiting myself to 3 comics a week if there's anything I'm interested in and spending under $15 haha. Also damn you Free comic book day and Secret Wars jump starting my comic buying hobby.

ReAxion

My shop marks them up after like a month if they don't sell.

Saga

Jesus

@fionastaples
I know I always insist that artists and writers are equal contributors, but this week I want you to blame Brian for everything

Boo now I feel slightly ripped off lol. But glad to hear I made solid picks. I'm basically limiting myself to 3 comics a week if there's anything I'm interested in and spending under $15 haha. Also damn you Free comic book day and Secret Wars jump starting my comic buying hobby.
Lol, it happens. Every comic shop has their own policies on variants:
My shop marks them up after like a month if they don't sell.

My store charges extra for most of them but they always have stacks of the Young ones so I see why they don't charge more.

Also I just read today's Gotham Academy and wow the art was amazing. It was a really cute one-off sort of issue. I know someone complained about the paneling and I can kinda see that but it didn't seem that difficult to follow as long as you followed the word balloons. Looking forward to see where this month's cliffhanger takes us.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Lol, it happens. Every comic shop has their own policies on variants:

Ahh. I noticed at my shop most variants are $7.99+ and seeing it for $4.99 didn't seem like a bad deal. And again I just can't resist buying Skottie Young covers lol. Also it's going to suck waiting for trades to get all these tie ins since it sounds like most of them are worth a read. But so far I've only gotten 3 tie ins. I have yet to see X-Men 92 and that's one tie in I really want.

Messi

Ahh. I noticed at my shop most variants are $7.99+ and seeing it for $4.99 didn't seem like a bad deal. And again I just can't resist buying Skottie Young covers lol. Also it's going to suck waiting for trades to get all these tie ins since it sounds like most of them are worth a read. But so far I've only gotten 3 tie ins. I have yet to see X-Men 92 and that's one tie in I really want.

X-Men 92 is digital first and the physical is out on the 24th of this month

ElNarez

Banned
Wow, Witch Hunter Angela was much better than I was expecting

It's a great time ! Everyone speaks weird ! It contrives ways to fit a lot of the MU in a pretty neat way ! I liked it !

Another thing I liked: Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps. And before you say anything about KSD's run, let me stop you : it's a book about a diverse group of women who all have in common that they're just about done with one man's bullshit. Which is basically the one book we know KSD can write and make exciting. GET ON IT, LADY HIJINX GAF.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I think I really like the concept of the new Batman, but I just think I need
Jim's
voice to be stronger. Like, I want his character to be more pronounced and have more life.

Messi

It's a great time ! Everyone speaks weird ! It contrives ways to fit a lot of the MU in a pretty neat way ! I liked it !

Another thing I liked: Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps. And before you say anything about KSD's run, let me stop you : it's a book about a diverse group of women who all have in common that they're just about done with one man's bullshit. Which is basically the one book we know KSD can write and make exciting. GET ON IT, LADY HIJINX GAF.

I am already on the KSD Captain Marvel train. I may even be the conductor of the train.

Nelo Ice

Banned
X-Men 92 is digital first and the physical is out on the 24th of this month

Ahh thanks for the heads up. I have no idea what the releases are besides when I check this and the Secret Wars OT. Had trouble figuring out when the physical copy would be released lol.

Messi

Ahh thanks for the heads up. I have no idea what the releases are besides when I check this and the Secret Wars OT. Had trouble figuring out when the physical copy would be released lol.

A lot of us use previewsworld.com for a list of the next two weeks books. That or we are always here if you want help.

tim1138

That reminds me, I still need to read Surfer and Carol Corps.

I've been reading KSD Capt Marvel since it started, may as well stick with it to the bitter.

ReAxion

A lot of us use previewsworld.com for a list of the next two weeks books. That or we are always here if you want help.

I do that normally.

But! For iOS people: last night I started using Longboxed. Nice design. Looks like it has everything as far as single issues. A couple of bugs, nothing terrible. I sent in a bug report and the developer got back to me this morning thanking me and offering a solution. Looks like it's a one-man operation. And it's free, but he has IAP turned on to "tip" him, which I'm thinking of doing.

Top Bottom