• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Lol Capullo still salty,

TvNq2z8.jpg

whooooooa Risso hate in this thread do NOT sign me the FUCK up 👎👀👎👀👎👀👎👀👎👀 bad shit ba̷̶ ԁ sHit 👎 thats ❌ some bad 👎👎shit right 👎👎 th 👎 ere 👎👎👎 right ❌ there

Silk was also solid this week (nice to see Lee's art again) but it flew by way too fast. I seriously did a double take to see if it was actually full length.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
Daredevil by Mark Waid
Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender

Old Man Logan, Silver Surfer 2014, Wolverine and the X-Men volume 1 (1-42)

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Just activated one of the five months of Unlimited that I got in the last sale

What should I read boys

I don't know what you've read before but:

Secret Avengers Vol 3
Runaways Vol 1 and 2
Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF then Avengers/New Avengers
Young Avengers Vol 2 (3? The newest one by Gillen/McKelvie)
Immortal Iron Fist

Seconded on Waid's Daredevil, and Silver Surfer 2014

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know what you've read before but:

Secret Avengers Vol 3
Runaways Vol 1 and 2
Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF then Avengers/New Avengers
Young Avengers Vol 2 (3? The newest one by Gillen/McKelvie)
Immortal Iron Fist

Seconded on Waid's Daredevil, and Silver Surfer 2014

I forgot Secret Avengers and now im sad.

kulapik

Thanks guys

The thing that normally backs me (and most people as well for sure) is the fact that I might miss some storylines

but whatever, I'll read your recommendations

Astonishing X-Men (Whedon)
Ms. Marvel (2014)
New X-Men (Morrison)
Daredevil (Bendis)
Fantastic Four/FF (Hickman), this one bears repeating

Do yourself a favor and finish that Cap run.

To the above, I don't think anyone has mentioned anything here that isn't self-contained.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys

The thing that normally backs me (and most people as well for sure) is the fact that I might miss some storylines

There's always going to be off shoots and side stories and event tie ins that you're going to feel like you missed out on, but it's easier than ever to figure out reading orders and things like that. It's easy to google and you can always ask here.

Thanks guys

Most of the books suggested are very easy to just jump into. Hawkeye, for example, requires no prior knowledge to fully enjoy. I'd say start with that even if you have no interest in the character. It's a fantastic run so far.

Astonishing X-Men (Whedon)
Ms. Marvel (2014)
New X-Men (Morrison)
Daredevil (Bendis)
Fantastic Four/FF (Hickman), this one bears repeating

Do yourself a favor and finish that Cap run.

To the above, I don't think anyone has mentioned anything here that isn't self-contained.

If going with these two then New X-Men first is probably preferred even though it's certainly not required.

Spider-Gwen #5 was pretty great. Gwen's really become her own person now and her quips and banter during the fight scenes are so much fun. All of the twists on familiar Marvel characters in this universe are really cool too.

"Pajama Friday erry damn day, yo!"

Rhaknar

Sandoval is drawing SW: Age of Apocalypse?

its fitting that fake-joe mad draws the fake-AoA book I guess

<3

Drayco21

1602 - Witch Hunter Angela was kinda boring, in a way I didn't expect. It was pretty to look at though, and 1602 Guardians seems like something I should at least see happen, so I'm going to keep reading, I'm sure.

Marvel Zombies is off to a great start though. Spurrier is so good.
poor Striker. Shambling, limbless Doc Ock crying about being Superior as he's blown away is pretty great too.

Owzers

Hmmmm finished Locke and Key, it's a lot to take in. The first volume was a bit too graphic for me at the start but i liked how it lead to the mystery of Keyhouse. Eventually that mystery went into craziness.

Mudcrab

Hmmmm finished Locke and Key, it's a lot to take in. The first volume was a bit too graphic for me at the start but i liked how it lead to the mystery of Keyhouse. Eventually that mystery went into craziness.

No kidding, those last two volumes didn't pull any punches.

Did you know this was almost an HBO series too?

I don't get it. Of course Marvel is going to choose to promote characters that appear in their movies over ones that appear in the Fox films for their merchandise. Secret Wars has the F4 as core members and we already know Ben and Johnny will be in books after the event. Let's not pretend that the mutants are going to just up and vanish either (how many SW tie-ins does the X-family have?).

The Fantastic Four comic itself is being shelved because I don't think any creator knows what the fuck to do with them right now. Did anyone even read the most recent run? I know I didn't. And if Marvel really wanted to eliminate them from the comics then they wouldn't have them interacting with franchises that appear in the MCU. They also wouldn't have them featured prominently in one of the ANAD Marvel promotional images.

You really need to let this go already. The fact that you just told Birdie Secret Wars isn't an F4 comic is kind of hilarious.

Secret Wars is as much a F4 comic as it is an Avengers comic.

Top Bottom