• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Statue-statues? Not since the Bombshell Mera and Hawkgirl. I love them both. I've got DCBS pre-orders out the wazoo, though.

Do they take cash for preorders right away? 'Cause that's gotta be brutal if so.

Do they take cash for preorders right away? 'Cause that's gotta be brutal if so.

No. They charge when they ship. UNLESS you pre-order a statue in the same order as comics. If so, they charge everything when they charge you for the comics.

Honestly, I've done pre-pay before with figures/statues, and I quite like it. It's something you don't have to worry about later. If it was an option, I'd probably pre-pay everything.

zennyzz

tumblr_npqpbc4VH11sqep2mo1_1280.png

tumblr_npqpbc4VH11sqep2mo2_1280.png

tumblr_npqpbc4VH11sqep2mo3_1280.png

tumblr_npqpbc4VH11sqep2mo4_1280.png

yep.

I MISSED YOU ALL

Did anyone read Mrs. Deadpool & The Howling Commandos? I was curious and flipped through it in the shop, but I didn't wanna spend another $4 when I already had $40 worth of books this week.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
After the bouldering gym I'm officially broken. Firstly, I'm still getting over a cold. Secondly, I've been climbing on a torn something or other in my finger for about a week and today it finally started to get pretty bad. Could barely even use my left hand.
And THEN I fell from the very top of the wall and landed on both of my ankles sideways and busted one of them up pretty good.
Oh, and on top of everything, Sara didn't even show up because I think she's still feeling sick.

It was a good time though :D
Bouldering is the best.

I MISSED YOU ALL

It really is good to have you back though, Freeza. How long were you gone anyways? It seemed like it was forever.

ElNarez

Banned
I MISSED YOU ALL

Did anyone read Mrs. Deadpool & The Howling Commandos? I was curious and flipped through it in the shop, but I didn't wanna spend another $4 when I already had $40 worth of books this week.

It's got Marcus the Minotaur with a Symbiote and also Diabetes it's great

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
After the bouldering gym I'm officially broken. Firstly, I'm still getting over a cold. Secondly, I've been climbing on a torn something or other in my finger for about a week and today it finally started to get pretty bad. Could barely even use my left hand.
And THEN I fell from the very top of the wall and landed on both of my ankles sideways and busted one of them up pretty good.
Oh, and on top of everything, Sara didn't even show up because I think she's still feeling sick.

It was a good time though :D
Bouldering is the best.

tumblr_m9ldk1HBCw1rac6qxo1_500.jpg

Just sub "Kipp" in for "George" there.

Owzers

1: His name is Kipp
2: He boulders, an obscure activity only someone named Kipp would do
3: He meets a girl who also boulders at his bouldering hangout
4: He wants to get a job where she works at a frozen yogurt place ( i think i'm up to date on kipp continuity)

So, as a casual observer and a person who reads comic, I ask that you guys look at the evidence and decide whether or not Kipp is a real person or if, what i believe to be true, is working out sitcom ideas on us and seeing what we are receptive to.

PsychBat!

Banned
I had a week like that back in January. I think literally every single book I was reading at the time came out in that week. The week after, I think I spent a total of $8.

I now have a reason to post some more in this thread. Cuz you make it fun! :D

Nah, but for reals I'm having a real shitty past few months. Glad you're back.

Filthy Slug

I guess it's After Dark Comics-Gaf. Bust out the anime.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm doing a re-read of Gillen's Young Avengers since I found out he does writers notes (here's the first issue's). It's really cool. It's like a director's commentary for a comic book. Also, he puts of a lot of work into them, which is a cool thing for a fan. The thought that goes into even the smallest detail makes me realize that I'm not terribly good at deep reading. I'm absolutely crap at picking up symbolism and visual motifs.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just sub "Kipp" in for "George" there.

Lol
Shouldn't be too bad though. I have a feeling I'll be back to 90% by Monday. Well, depending on how much worse my ankle gets overnight, as these things tend to do. Right now I've got a pretty miserable limp, but I can at least put pressure on my ankle at certain angles and can rotate it a bit.
And also, I had sent bouldering girl a Facebook message when I got home asking her if she still wasn't feeling well since she didn't show up like she usually does, but she didn't see it. But she decided to text me and tell me she was bummed that she couldn't make it because she had a horrible fever. And now we're texting back and forth. So it's still a victory. Haha

Long story short, this is still the Summer of Kipp! :p

1: His name is Kipp
2: He boulders, an obscure activity only someone named Kipp would do
3: He meets a girl who also boulders at his bouldering hangout
4: He wants to get a job where she works at a frozen yogurt place ( i think i'm up to date on kipp continuity)

So, as a casual observer and a person who reads comic, I ask that you guys look at the evidence and decide whether or not Kipp is a real person or if, what i believe to be true, is working out sitcom ideas on us and seeing what we are receptive to.

All true except for the fact that she works at the frozen yogurt place I'm trying to get a job at. It's actually my neighbor who owns the frozen yogurt place and wants to hire me as the manager.
However, bouldering girl did work at a frozen yogurt place once and loves frozen yogurt. I swear it's a coincidence and I'm not just trying to get a frozen yogurt job to impress her. Haha

Also, lol

Ah, gee. You're gonna make a girl blush.

Hahaha

Filthy Slug

Sorrentino is magical. Everybody go check out his Green Arrow run with Jeff Lemire (and ignore Lemire's Hawkeye entirely)!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why does that thor lady have no nose?

Guess it's some sort of alien since it only has 4 fingers too. What's team name of the book with all the Thors, if there's even such a book

I've had thoughts of doing the same thing :

I did. Only because I'd already ordered the B&W Batgirl statue when DC decided to go "HEY LOOK, HERE'S A 12" VERSION IN PURTY COLOURS!"

But really, a foot-tall hipster Batgirl? I couldn't say no to that.

Sorrentino is magical. Everybody go check out his Green Arrow run with Jeff Lemire (and ignore Lemire's Hawkeye entirely)!

Is Black Canary in it? Because that's about the only thing that could get me to read a Green Arrow comic.
I've never read a Green Arrow comic. For reals

Filthy Slug

Is Black Canary in it? Because that's about the only thing that could get me to read a Green Arrow comic.
I've never read a Green Arrow comic. For reals

Nope, but he did give Ollie a large family to care about, and there was some hijinx. Kind of. I'm lying. Buy it, damn it.

He gave me a reason to give a shit about Ollie in the New52. That's good enough for me!

Lol, fair 'nuff. I was just disappointed in how the Outsider clans were handled; such a cool concept, but such a lackluster execution.

Aside from the art, again.

Emiko was pretty great, though, hope we see more of her at some point. (I have not actually read any New 52 GA material other than Sorrentino's run.)

Top Bottom