• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Lol
Shouldn't be too bad though. I have a feeling I'll be back to 90% by Monday. Well, depending on how much worse my ankle gets overnight, as these things tend to do. Right now I've got a pretty miserable limp, but I can at least put pressure on my ankle at certain angles and can rotate it a bit.
And also, I had sent bouldering girl a Facebook message when I got home asking her if she still wasn't feeling well since she didn't show up like she usually does, but she didn't see it. But she decided to text me and tell me she was bummed that she couldn't make it because she had a horrible fever. And now we're texting back and forth. So it's still a victory. Haha

Long story short, this is still the Summer of Kipp! :p

All true except for the fact that she works at the frozen yogurt place I'm trying to get a job at. It's actually my neighbor who owns the frozen yogurt place and wants to hire me as the manager.
However, bouldering girl did work at a frozen yogurt place once and loves frozen yogurt. I swear it's a coincidence and I'm not just trying to get a frozen yogurt job to impress her. Haha

Also, lol

Hahaha
This is magical.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So SW main book is 8 issues. Surely the tie ins aren't that long, probably around 4?

Cheska

Such a good week of comics.

Catwoman is just getting better and better. I just can't get over how much this series has changed for the better within a few issues.

Batman was good too. It's a little weird seeing that person have such a major change, but I'm digging it.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is it a good place to pick up the character? As I said, I've never read Arrow before. Also, is he cooler than Hawkeye?

Lemire/Sorrentino run is the perfect introduction to Ollie, and then dump the series once it ends. It established a family for Ollie and has a great overarching storyline, with tons of incredible art throughout.

Also, Lemire has no clue what he's doing on Hawkeye, so probably just avoid that run? Not sure, I picked up #3 for some reason.

Lemire/Sorrentino run is the perfect introduction to Ollie, and then dump the series once it ends. It established a family for Ollie and has a great overarching storyline, with tons of incredible art throughout.

Also, Lemire has no clue what he's doing on Hawkeye, so probably just avoid that run? Not sure, I picked up #3 for some reason.

How many trades am I looking at for the Lemire Arrow stuff?

And yeah, All-New Hawkeye was dropped after issue 1. XD

sca2511

I did. Only because I'd already ordered the B&W Batgirl statue when DC decided to go "HEY LOOK, HERE'S A 12" VERSION IN PURTY COLOURS!"

But really, a foot-tall hipster Batgirl? I couldn't say no to that.

I'm trying to be reasonable with my wallet. Maybe... I'll cancel the B&W and get the colored 12". I'm worried that the colored one will have an inconsistent paint job. Eh, decisions.

Owzers

Witcher 3.... Asking for info, having to do a favor/errand/task for someone get info that leads you to another person, that person asks you to do a favor/errand/task in exchange for info that then sends you to another person, repeat repeat repeat.

I don't even care about Cirri!

I'm probably going to buy that Emma Frost ArtFX statue from Amazon though, looks great.

Bloodember

Witcher 3.... Asking for info, having to do a favor/errand/task for someone get info that leads you to another person, that person asks you to do a favor/errand/task in exchange for info that then sends you to another person, repeat repeat repeat.

I don't even care about Cirri!

I'm probably going to buy that Emma Frost ArtFX statue from Amazon though, looks great.
Thats just how the world works. I'm enjoying it, I'm on PC though. What was the question?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My demise on comicgaf draws near, as I'm sure Squirrel Girl #1 must be popping up soon

And I'll hate it :(

Drayco21

Emiko was pretty great, though, hope we see more of her at some point. (I have not actually read any New 52 GA material other than Sorrentino's run.)

She gets written out in the run right after Lemire and Sorrentino when the creative team from Arrow took over, so that team Arrow could be just Ollie, Felicity and Diggle. Fortunately, they're gone as of last week's issue, and the new creative team has brought Emiko back already.

She also had a recurring role in the early parts of Future's End, having graduated from sidekickery to become the one Green Arrow before Oliver's apparent death at the beginning of the story.

I would've read the book for that title alone.
We all would have

We all would have

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Is it a good place to pick up the character? As I said, I've never read Arrow before. Also, is he cooler than Hawkeye?

Hawkeye is a corporate tool. Green Arrow fights against the man and for the people.

Aside from the three recent trades you were recommended there are several older ones that are great like Year One and Longbow Hunters or Green Lantern/Green Arrow.

Also the first issue for the new team looks promising.

Also, also, welcome back bro. Never let rubbing the faces of 1000 year old dragon girls take you away from us again please.

I remember reading somewhere that Weirdworld was going to continue as an on-going after Secret Wars, but I can't remember where. Did I imagine this? I'm sure it was suggested that a few of the tie-ins were on-goings.

SW -
Han solo has a wife!?
. Truly, the Disney regime is in full control now. Though I have a feeling that she's going to be a bit character who will probably
betray everyone to the Empire (and then die)
before long. Marvel is still playing with the novelty of being able to write canon stories in the SW universe. But we're not going to see anything with lasting effects until the Force Awakens. Then they'll be able to write expanded universe content that doesn't need to adhere to a set of movies that were made 30 years ago. Also, is it just me (it's not), or did they use the same page or two at the end of SW #6 as they did in Darth Vader #6?

Yep, the final pages were pretty much the same in both issues. I assume they did it to show both Star Wars and Vader have reached the same point in time now after the first arc of Star Wars took place before Vader. I loved his reaction to finding out Luke's identity. You could feel the anger bursting off the page.

And welcome back from the abyss.

i think this is just a simply sarah alt, guys. dont be fooled

welcome back my negus
mjcry1.png

WHATS YOUR EXCUSE EVERYONE ELSE

i'm absolutely loving these finals, personally. just spent several hours writing 8 pages about french & american crime movies. so now that the fun stuff is out of the way, i can focus writing 8 pages for Electrical Engineering by friday... yay

so that's why i haven't pulled out the motherfucking phone book from underneath all the other comics i've bought and haven't read

Calcium

Banned
I'm on volume three of the Bendis Daredevil run and this Golden Age arc has just killed me. I don't know why, it isn't bad or anything, but I've only read like ~10 pages in the last couple days. I need to power through so I can start Waid's run. I can do this.

Messi

Such a good week of comics.

Catwoman is just getting better and better. I just can't get over how much this series has changed for the better within a few issues.

Batman was good too. It's a little weird seeing that person have such a major change, but I'm digging it.

Amazing what happens when you put a good writer on a book.

Top Bottom