• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

If it bothers y'all so much then someone can provide me with a good avatar to use! Clearly my having one is more important to y'all than it is to me. :p

yRqve6W.jpg

So I read the first volume of Grayson yesterday. To put it into context, Dick is my favorite superhero
the best Batman fite me
and I like Revival a lot (in spite of the art).

I think Seeley and King understand the character pretty well; art is on point as are the panel layouts (love the hypno thing in the background). They took an idea that was ridiculous to me and made it work on nearly every level. Those were 4 really damn good issues. But, almost nothing happens in them. It felt like a total tease. So, while I enjoyed it, it left me completely unsatisfied and it reminded me of why I dislike reading ongoing series, at least the ones that don't compartmentalize their stories or do what this one did.

I'm mulling over just going digital on this series because I really enjoyed it and I'm feeling pretty disappointed right now.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but changing Huntress' nationality/skin color is even more pointless than changing Wally West's; at least you can say that was to match up with the TV series. I don't really care, but it's pretty pointless.

OT but I'm about to go to my job interview. Really really hoping it goes well.

Good luck, u da bes

I don't care about avatars.

Hah.

So I read the first volume of Grayson yesterday. To put it into context, Dick is my favorite superhero
the best Batman fite me
and I like Revival a lot (in spite of the art).

I think Seeley and King understand the character pretty well; art is on point as are the panel layouts (love the hypno thing in the background). They took an idea that was ridiculous to me and made it work on nearly every level. Those were 4 really damn good issues. But, almost nothing happens in them. It felt like a total tease. So, while I enjoyed it, it left me completely unsatisfied and it reminded me of why I dislike reading ongoing series, at least the ones that don't compartmentalize their stories or do what this one did.

I'm mulling over just going digital on this series because I really enjoyed it and I'm feeling pretty disappointed right now.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but changing Huntress' nationality/skin color is even more pointless than changing Wally West's; at least you can say that was to match up with the TV series. I don't really care, but it's pretty pointless.

I think you should stick with it. The series only gets better over time, imo. There is payoff.

On the topic of Huntress; They just made her a darker skinned Sicilian. I think it was a gorgeous choice and better separates her from Helena Wayne. That character (model) still exists in her.

BigDes

Also I don't know what universe it was where Black Bolt was a suave 1930s Nightclub owner but I think it is the best thing

We're just razzing you. It's a sign that you're one of us
FOREVER
. If you don't want an Avatar then don't use it. We won't judge you.
openly.

I know, but, shockingly, I didn't decide to go with it because it was the first thing tossed out. I was planning to see if I could get y'all (For some reason I'm saying it this way today) to scurry around tossing out ideas and maybe I'd settle on one. And then you went and ruined it by offering something up that's actually fitting.

I know, but, shockingly, I didn't decide to go with it because it was the first thing tossed out. I was planning to see if I could get y'all (For some reason I'm saying it this way today) to scurry around tossing out ideas and maybe I'd settle on one. And then you went and ruined it by offering something up that's actually fitting.

Dance puppets, dance.

I think you should stick with it. The series only gets better over time, imo. There is payoff.

On the topic of Huntress; They just made her a darker skinned Sicilian. I think it was a gorgeous choice and better separates her from Helena Wayne. That character (model) still exists in her.

Yeah, I'm going to stick with it, but my point is mainly that maybe I should have waited until there were more volumes. It has opened up my appetite and the only way to satiate it is by following the series monthly. I hate that. :/

Is that what she's supposed to be? I was reading her as black British.

Yeah, I'm going to stick with it, but my point is mainly that maybe I should have waited until there were more volumes. It has opened up my appetite and the only way to satiate it is by following the series monthly. I hate that. :/

Is that what she's supposed to be? I was reading her as black British.

Yeah. She is still Sicilian. The school they're at is just based in England.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Funny thing is, not while I think that Marvel is scared, I think they skipped the ahow since the dont reall have to show something new.

Top Bottom