• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

PsychBat!

Banned
Who is he and why is there a thread

some asshat who pulls reports out of his ass saying this and that regarding news about the innermost secrets of the MCU and stuff.

There's a thread because Umberto "reported" that Marvel Studios are not showing up at SDCC cuz DC is better or some shit to get the fanboys riled up.

tim1138

Internet writer, he said that Marvel wasn't going to SDCC because "DC is better". It lead to the MCU vs DCCU thread of the day.

some asshat who pulls reports out of his ass saying this and that regarding news about the innermost secrets of the MCU and stuff.

There's a thread because Umberto "reported" that Marvel Studios are not showing up at SDCC cuz DC is better or some shit to get the fanboys riled up.

So I missed nothing of value then, gotcha

makes sense. Marvel knows DC is bringing the heat and they're motherfucking SCARED, so they're taking a forfeit L to prevent further embarrassment

The Adder

Banned
Trying to think of exceptions:

In comics the only people with "Doctor/Dr." in their alter ego names are either evil, magical, or psychologists.

PsychBat!

Banned
640.jpg
640.jpg

640.jpg
640.jpg
Ms. Marvel #16

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It took a while, but I completed today finally my Ultimate Spider-Man Peter Parker Collection. Yay! Really excited for the upcoming Miles Complete Collections.

The Death of Cover still makes me sad everytime I see it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ms.marvel is one of those books that I think falls apart when that guy isnt drawing it (like during those wolveirne issues for example)

some books can get away from using whatever artists (usually team books) but some are too attached to a specific one (like the latest silver surfer for example)

mreddie

ms.marvel is one of those books that I think falls apart when that guy isnt drawing it (like during those wolveirne issues for example)

some books can get away from using whatever artists (usually team books) but some are too attached to a specific one (like the latest silver surfer for example)

I liked Miyazawa's artwork, I want him to be the main artist. AAs art kinda bugs me at times.

It's always so weird to see people get up in arms about Umberto/Latino Review but don't show an ounce of skepticism towards Josh Wilding/CBM, CosmicBookNews, 4Chan, or any of those other sites.

Alright, I'll say it. Ms. Marvel really shines because of the art and the slice-of-life portions of the book. I think a lot of times the action segments are largely hampered by a dull cast of villains. It definitely hurt the second arc of the book.

Alright, I'll say it. Ms. Marvel really shines because of the art and the slice-of-life portions of the book. I think a lot of times the action segments are largely hampered by a dull cast of villains. It definitely hurt the second arc of the book.

I thought the Inventor was an appropriate villain. He was kind of silly, just a bit menacing, but that's wholly Ms. Marvel's style. So far, I think it's worked great, but I've yet to catch up.

So will Spider-Gwen be the fastest back to #1 for a Marvel book ever? Or have they done it quicker than issue 5 or 6 or w/e.

Gonna approach that renumbering singularity where books are renumbered back to 1 before they're even number 1 and the entire industry just collapses in on itself.

It took a while, but I completed today finally my Ultimate Spider-Man Peter Parker Collection. Yay! Really excited for the upcoming Miles Complete Collections.

The Death of Cover still makes me sad everytime I see it.

I'm getting there slowly. Few more volumes to buy and I'll have the set as well.

I thought the Inventor was an appropriate villain. He was kind of silly, just a bit menacing, but that's wholly Ms. Marvel's style. So far, I think it's worked great, but I've yet to catch up.

My issue with him was that he just wasn't interesting. A villain has to be just as captivating as the hero whose book you're reading, otherwise you're not going to care. I love the slice-of-life content, but the actual super-hero'ing could use some improvement.

I thought the art in the Grayson Annual #1 was dreadful. Such a step back from the usual art.

Yeah, it's always a bit jarring when they throw a different artist in for one-shots and annuals. Especially when the regular artist has such a gorgeous style.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
My issue with him was that he just wasn't interesting. A villain has to be just as captivating as the hero whose book you're reading, otherwise you're not going to care. I love the slice-of-life content, but the actual super-hero'ing could use some improvement.

Yeah, it's always a bit jarring when they throw a different artist in for one-shots and annuals. Especially when the regular artist has such a gorgeous style.

Aren't Annuals sometimes used as a tryout for new talent? They put them on a book adjacent to a big selling book to see how fans react.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you can say it because I agree. A lot of my favorite books would quickly stop being my favorite books (or in fact, did) if the artist changed

Rocket and Ghost Rider are 2 easy examples. Nor do I think Surfer would work without Allred's wonderful quikyness

Red Hood/Arsenal #1:
An ok start but nothing really important happened other than catching up with what Arsenal is doing nowadays. Very Arsenal focused. Arsenal has no trucker cap. Forever miss the trucker cap.

Constantine: The Hellblazer #1:
Lovely legs. That descent in the 9 circles of hell was cool. It's nice to know hell demons are huge fans of
Die Antwoord
and
Danger Mouse.
Constantine isn't that much of piece of shit......so far. Just has his shit locked down.

RUNLOVEKILL #1:
Very cinematic. Eric's art is just great. THE HANDS! Lot of mystery though and not too much info is given about this walled-in city. Reminded of Mirror's Edge.

Top Bottom