• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

He turned to me as if to say "Hurry boy it's waiting there for you."

Gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I blessed the rains down in Africa
Gonna take the time to do things we never had

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Toto

<3

Owzers

I need to remember never to want things to happen.

Warriors in six. It was my initial guess from the start until i had hope.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Messi can I ask you a honest question
about football
?

I just watched Jurassic World. Here are some dinosaurs by Brett Booth:

doisdAr.jpg

jS86BfH.jpg

TJX8KRW.jpg

o7NCmgJ.jpg

Zht3eRD.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucjEy7UhyUU

besada

Banned

I like it when I click on a thread and someone is serenading me with one of my favorite songs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It is about Abel isn't it?

Edit : he is lazy, has a bad attitude and at one point he had potential. There is a reason he was playing for QPR.

No...that wasn't it at all

Batman #41 - the final page. godamn you, Snyder! nice dig at the ads, fuck off Didio if you think ads in digital comics would be a good idea, the art continues to be great, the colors continue to please Darkseid...

Action Comics #41 - Fun then...the final page just feels...not like pitch black dark but just... "Well, fuck". Also has two too many instances of "check out two separate issues of Superman that have yet to come out".

New Justice League short featuring Harley Quinn by Bruce Timm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpu6yPAFHrs

Now THAT'S a good Harley design.

"Bomb" featuring Son of Zod Superman stepped up the game even further. I'm hyped as fuck for Gods and Monsters.

Batman #41 - the final page. godamn you, Snyder! nice dig at the ads, fuck off Didio if you think ads in digital comics would be a good idea, the art continues to be great, the colors continue to please Darkseid...

Action Comics #41 - Fun then...the final page just feels...not like pitch black dark but just... "Well, fuck". Also has two too many instances of "check out two separate issues of Superman that have yet to come out".

Pretty sure they've said you don't have to read the other Superman issues to understand whats going on. So I am sure we'll glean more information overtime.

Tizoc

"Bomb" featuring Son of Zod Superman stepped up the game even further. I'm hyped as fuck for Gods and Monsters.

Pretty sure they've said you don't have to read the other Superman issues to understand whats going on. So I am sure we'll glean more information overtime.

Yeah I just watched Bomb, friggin' excellent, and I really feel bad for this Supes :/

Seeing as these clips will be in the bluray, I'm gonna go and pre-order it soon :p

Green Lantern #10-#14: Well, stuff is happening and more characters are introduced. Along with some Evil Cyborg Superman who I have no idea of. And Kreon is a jobber who is resurrected and killed within 5 pages or so. And Cowgirl is a jobber who gets taken prisoner, freed and then gets shot down and taken prisoner again by Chechen rebels in the space of 3 issues.

And there is some meteorite that takes possession of some girl and is looking for its Chosen Earthman. (Let me guess, that Chosen Earthman is going to be Jordan? This is some Bioware level writing here).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/11/dc-comics-head-hints-more-on-page-ads-coming

Didio said:
The idea that we have ads in our print books is a testament to the strength of our material. The fact that so much of advertising has migrated out of print over to digital and the fact that we're able to rebuild some of that back in our books I think is a strength of what we do.

We are in the business to have ads in our books.We've always been the best with ads in our books, and now we have companies interested in buying ads in books. So I think that's a good thing.

I think that what's exciting for me is the fact that ads have always been a part of everything. Nobody stops reading or visiting a website because of a popup or anything like that. As far as I'm concerned, it's the story that matters. If somebody's worried about an ad, then we might not be doing our best stories. We just have to make our stories so compelling that everything's worth reading, and just quick pages to turn to to get to.

The idea that we have ads in our print books is a testament to the strength of our material. The fact that so much of advertising has migrated out of print over to digital and the fact that we're able to rebuild some of that back in our books I think is a strength of what we do.

What a load of bollocks.

What a load of bollocks.

Don't get me wrong. I think its a load of horseshit. But I think he is specifically talking about the fact that if advertisers actually want back into comic print issues (the digital probably referring to website ads and such as opposed to digital which currently has none) then it means they see the advertising in print issues as a worthwhile investment.

Vito

Banned
Yeah.... If you really want it, just order it from Amazon. The ISBN is the same as the one cdJapan has, so the book is already out in Japan. If you want it quick, order it from Amazon. If you want to pay less, order it from cdJapan.

I highly doubt IST will stock this. They stick mostly to artbooks published by Udon or Dark Horse.

Could go with Amazon Japan. http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4756245862/ it's worth comparing shipping costs with CDJapan. There's also HMV Japan. I think both subtract JP sales tax at checkout, so the base price should be the same. Amazon has their usual flat shipping fee, so they might end up being cheaper for heavier books.

Dorkly condensed comigaf, might as well close thread.

Didio said:
Nobody stops reading or visiting a website because of a popup or anything like that.

Why yes, let us compare websurfing for free to buying a product. What a wonderful analogy.
Also technically true, they use adblock and whitelist sites they care about.

Top Bottom