• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Zombine

Banned
Hmmmm how many of the new #1's after Secret Wars will be $4.99? I think a lot.

without having read a lot yet, Secret Wars and its tie-ins might be the best thing Marvel has done in awhile event-wise. Low bar and all, i know, but still..

I think the success of this event is based on Marvel leaving it in the hands of a single writer, while giving him enough time to build the roadmap establishing where he wants the final destination to be. They should take this as the best example of what will happen if you stop throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks, and instead really focusing on creating one solid event.

I think the success of this event is based on Marvel leaving it in the hands of a single writer, while giving him enough time to build the roadmap establishing where he wants the final destination to be. They should take this as the best example of what will happen if you stop throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks, and instead really focusing on creating one solid event.

Except we all know that the chance of them taking that lesson from this is nearly nil.

tim1138

Saw this on Tumblr and thought of Tim:
tumblr_npubw6iJYf1qzvnpdo1_500.jpg

Comics, nay all entertainment, needs more dinosaurs

I don't know where I got the Project from, here is a trailer for PS4.

http://youtu.be/aQM8yWoiy5s

Do you have to kill them? Riding a stegosaurus looks pretty fantastic and I swear there was someone on a parasaurolophus in the scene with the guy on the sauropod. Kinda got first person Monster Hunter vibes from that, which I am down with. Is it only on PC and PS4?

mreddie

Carol Corps: Pretty interesting book. It sets itself as a Carol kicking ass book and ends up being one key book about Battleworld. Also,
Kit Thor? Is she still a kid or is Battleworld that insane?

Silk #5: Decent, it sets itself to be one thing and turns into a another direction by the last page.

Ghost Racers: Well, this isn't as sleep inducing as Ultimate End but man...

Captain America and the Mighty Avengers: A bittersweet ending. Just... fuck.
Monica getting captured has to lead to something right? Also, Luke and Jessica at the end was full of daw especially with Danielle cheering.

Also did Mighty Avengers explain why Iron Fist was MIA, was it because of Living Weapon?

Mudcrab

Captain America and the Mighty Avengers: A bittersweet ending. Just... fuck.
Monica getting captured has to lead to something right? Also, Luke and Jessica at the end was full of daw especially with Danielle cheering.

Nah.
She's exactly as dead as everyone else not on one of the rafts.

Owzers

You have to remember that one of the benefits of having story pages is that it provides the advertisers a way to keep the ads from being spoiled.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Complete comic newbie here (well aside from back when I was 13). I really love Batman the character as seen in the Nolan movies and Rocksteady games. What Batman graphic novels and/or comics would I find entertaining? Thank you.

Tizoc

Complete comic newbie here (well aside from back when I was 13). I really love Batman the character as seen in the Nolan movies and Rocksteady games. What Batman graphic novels and/or comics would I find entertaining? Thank you.

Off the top of my head
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman by Grant Morrison (multiple books, just google GM and Bats)
Batman The Long Halloween

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
To add to Tizoc's list, it's hard not to recommend The Dark Knight Returns as well.

• Batman Year One
  • The dark knight returns
  • Batman new 52 vol 1
  • Batman: The Long Halloween

Tizoc

To add to Tizoc's list, it's hard not to recommend The Dark Knight Returns as well.

Ah yeah that one too, although that one is more Commissioner Gordon but still worth reading since it's so friggin' good.
PREACH IT JC!

Grant Morrison's run on Batman, starting with Batman & Son, then Black Glove, Batman R.I.P., Battle for the Cowl, Batman & Robin, and finally Batman Inc. (Before anyone calls me out on it, I don't think anything after RIP is required and I know BftC isn't Morrison)

Black Mirror, which isn't a Bruce Wayne story but it's in-line with what you're looking for

Scott Snyder's current Batman run, starting with Court of Owls, then City of Owls, Death of the Family, Zero Year, and Endgame

Hush

The Dark Knight Returns

Year One

Batman Year One is where you want to start. It's the definitive origin story and it has a heavy emphasis on Jim Gordon as well. Fantastic comic even if you know Batman's origin.

The Dark Knight Returns is another comic that is kind of a must read. Not my favorite but it was very influential and still a pretty cool take on the whole Batman character.

Other than that, you should probably check out the current Batman series written by Scott Snyder. I'm not really a fan of it ( I know I'm in the minority) but it gets a ton of love and is very easy to just jump into. Batman: The Black Mirror is solid as well, it has Dick Grayson as Batman but you'd probably like the tone and style if you want something darker.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Just discovered that Batman Unwrapped was a thing, so I used the last of my birthday gift card on it. It's got Capullo's uninked pencils from the first 11 issues of Snyder's run, but still has the lettering. It's pretty sweet.

Not the best for first time readers, but it's my new favorite coffee table book.

Dcbs better be sending me some floppies soon.....

That reminds me, I gotta put together an IST order next week. Need to grab Vol.3+4 of Avengers Time Runs Out, those three Green Arrow trades, and maybe the first volume of Grayson.

Yo, does the first Kabuki HC come out soon? I need it. oh, and where the hell is my Annihilation Conquest omni? Amazon is the only place that has a release date, or even a product page acknowledging its existence.

Just discovered that Batman Unwrapped was a thing, so I used the last of my birthday gift card on it. It's got Capullo's uninked pencils from the first 11 issues of Snyder's run, but still has the lettering. It's pretty sweet.

Not the best for first time readers, but it's my new favorite coffee table book.

Absolute edition of Court of Owls in October!

Edit - Also they need to make and Absolute DotF/Endgame and Absolute Zero Year.

Boogiepop

To add to the Batman list, it's definitely a bit removed from the norm, but I felt Batman: Year 100 really nailed the idea of the character.

Ha, cool variant. Liking the art a lot.

I thought I was done with Star Wars back before the Force Awakens trailer came out. Now boom. I'm all in. Even socking away money for the Fall when all the new Star Wars merch drops. I wonder how far Marvel is going o go with it. Will they hit double-digits with simultaneous ongoing Star Wars books?

I thought I was done with Star Wars back before the Force Awakens trailer came out. Now boom. I'm all in. Even socking away money for the Fall when all the new Star Wars merch drops. I wonder how far Marvel is going o go with it. Will they hit double-digits with simultaneous ongoing Star Wars books?
I dread to think how much I'll be spending on Force Awakens merch. I'm planning on getting the Black series figures, probably most of the Lego, the comics, the books... Disney own me now.
Good time to be a SW fan though.

GAAAAAHHHHH!!! Crazy by Seal was playing when I stepped in the car and I thought it was fated to be. But I believe CFA girl has moved onto a point guard role, where she doesn't take orders at the drive thru or in side, so now I have a wall of preacher's daughters and youth groupers blocking me from my goal. What to do? I guess I could go INSIDE next Thursday and pray for the best. I mean I can't just write my number down and have someone hand it to her. Gaaaaaahhhh. This is the most trying time of our generation. I gotta think of a gameplan. I'm just beffudled. I've waited so long that now it's like a Zelda puzzle to get her number. Talk to this guy, move this Boulder, get a gauntlet, hum her a sweet melody. And when we glanced at each other today. Wow. Such perfect facial symmetry. Not even the Mayans could craft something so precise.

GAAAAAHHHHH!!! Crazy by Seal was playing when I stepped in the car and I thought it was fated to be. But I believe CFA girl has moved onto a point guard role, where she doesn't take orders at the drive thru or in side, so now I have a wall of preacher's daughters and youth groupers blocking me from my goal. What to do? I guess I could go INSIDE next Thursday and pray for the best. I mean I can't just write my number down and have someone hand it to her. Gaaaaaahhhh. This is the most trying time of our generation. I gotta think of a gameplan. I'm just beffudled. I've waited so long that now it's like a Zelda puzzle to get her number. Talk to this guy, move this Boulder, get a gauntlet, hum her a sweet melody. And when we glanced at each other today. Wow. Such perfect facial symmetry. Not even the Mayans could craft something so precise.

this is such a gripping tale

Top Bottom