• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Wow. Ultron Forever was absolutely phenomenal. How does Ewing do it???

Ewing knocks everything out of the park. Eeeeverythiiiing.

Track down his Hyperion single and see how much range the dude's got.

What about the guy who feels pressured into buying something whenever he's in an lcbs to support "lcbs pride" and ends up just buying some entry level pricing books?

Who here does that?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Kipp

You know what's absolutely outrageous though?
I was reading some Pearls Before Swine and ABRAHAM LINCOLN HIMSELF clearly calls Pig the "N" word.

8edc36c0a6e9013143c5005056a9545d

And they let that stuff into the newspapers! Kids read those... Like, c'mon, seriously.

Why stop at just one two-page half-ad spread? Why not add another? You get to sell more ad space, and you get to pay the creative team for one less page than you did before! It's win-win!

I for one welcome our $6.99 for eleven pages of story stretched into twenty-two technically by ads for M&M's and Geico Insurance, comic book future.

"Superhero books are just capitalist propaganda."
- Person who only reads Image books

Those manga kids who never buy anything are thankfully extinct. I remember always catching a pack of them sitting on the floor reading Naruto while blocking the only path to check out manga.

"Superhero books are just capitalist propaganda."
- Person who only reads Image books

Those manga kids who never buy anything are thankfully extinct. I remember always catching a pack of them sitting on the floor reading Naruto while blocking the only path to check out manga.

Fuck, yeah, I remember this back when I was into manga. It was super frustrating. Barnes and Noble has a goddamn cafe area, go sit over there for fuck's sake. Or at least at an end cap, not in front of the goddamn D.Gray-man I'm trying to find.

<3

Boogiepop

Saw Jurassic World last night, found it flawed but enjoyable. Like, maybe I'd put it in the same category as Tron: Legacy, where I find ir a worthwhile combination of sequel and modern "update" to the original. Not a perfect movie, but also not one I regret paying to see.

Also, finished the first 100 issue run of Spider-Girl. The greatest tragedy at the start of the newer run: they replaced the second-person style narration!

Kipp

Yessss. So Fridays are the one day my boss usually comes into the office. Except she hates the rain. Today it's raining. She's not here yet and it look like she's not coming in.
This means two things: 1) Friday will be much more pleasant and easier to get through than usual and 2) The day of reckoning has passed! This means I'm definitely not getting fired.
Awww yeah.

Yessss. So Fridays are the one day my boss usually comes into the office. Except she hates the rain. Today it's raining. She's not here yet and it look like she's not coming in.
This means two things: 1) Friday will be much more pleasant and easier to get through than usual and 2) The day of reckoning has passed! This means I'm definitely not getting fired.
Awww yeah.

Is this the same job you started at towards the end of last year? (The one you found on CL?)

Zombine

Banned
Awww yeah.

Maybe she wants you to feel comfortable so you let your guard down, and then she will strike when you are most vulnerable.

You're basically a Gazelle right now, chillin drinking water out of the Zambezi, and she's creeping in the bushes looking for a perfect tree to drag you up into for the kill.

Kipp

Is this the same job you started at towards the end of last year? (The one you found on CL?)

Started in January of this year actually, but yeah, it's that job.
In case you missed it, I had a scare about maybe getting fired because one of my coworkers quit and I was talking to her on Skype about how happy I was for her that she got to get out of such an awful job and more stuff along those lines. And then my boss or my boss's husband got ahold of the account for some reason (which I noticed because they changed the name to "No User" and the account was online when she wasn't on it) and I was paranoid that they were going to read the conversations and I'd be fired for sure. But it seems that they didn't, so I'm in the clear.
In my defense, my boss loves the work that I do, so I wouldn't ever get fired for any good reasons. Haha

Maybe she wants you to feel comfortable so you let your guard down, and then she will strike when you are most vulnerable.

You're basically a Gazelle right now, chillin drinking water out of the Zambezi, and she's creeping in the bushes looking for a perfect tree to drag you up into for the kill.

Nooooooo

The day of reckoning has passed! This means I'm definitely not getting fired.
Awww yeah.

More likely that it'll perform the function of a pressure cooker. She'll stay at her office, reading and rereading them skype logs, then rain fire and damnation upon your accursed posterior come monday.

Positive thoughts, tho.

Started in January of this year actually, but yeah, it's that job.
In case you missed it, I had a scare about maybe getting fired because one of my coworkers quit and I was talking to her on Skype about how happy I was for her that she got to get out of such an awful job and more stuff along those lines. And then my boss or my boss's husband got ahold of the account for some reason (which I noticed because they changed the name to "No User" and the account was online when she wasn't on it) and I was paranoid that they were going to read the conversations and I'd be fired for sure. But it seems that they didn't, so I'm in the clear.
In my defense, my boss loves the work that I do, so I wouldn't ever get fired for any good reasons. Haha

I did follow that saga. (More entertaining than the other Saga).

I was just surprised that there was a proper long term non-scam position that was advertised for on CL.

Kipp

More likely that it'll perform the function of a pressure cooker. She'll stay at her office, reading and rereading them skype logs, then rain fire and damnation upon your accursed posterior come monday.

Positive thoughts, tho.

Haha. I wouldn't put it past her.
If that's the case, I just need her to stay in pressure cooker mode for 2 more weeks, because that's when I should find out if I got that FroYo manager job that I've got a really good shot at.

Kipp

In other good news, I have graduated from a hobble to a limp! My ankle is healing pretty quickly.

I did follow that saga. (More entertaining than the other Saga).

I was just surprised that there was a proper long term non-scam position that was advertised for on CL.

Lol

And yeah, it's pretty amazing how that worked out. I got super lucky. Haha

Sorry bro, you're as good as dead. All we can do is watch and witness nature do its thing. At least Sir David Attenborough will be there to narrate it all.

Hmm. That's not too bad. I'd be happy to be a martyr if it means Sir David Attenborough is narrating my death.
I hope you all are both entertained and educated. And entranced by his voice.

Tizoc

Saw Jurassic World last night, found it flawed but enjoyable. Like, maybe I'd put it in the same category as Tron: Legacy, where I find ir a worthwhile combination of sequel and modern "update" to the original. Not a perfect movie, but also not one I regret paying to see.

Also, finished the first 100 issue run of Spider-Girl. The greatest tragedy at the start of the newer run: they replaced the second-person style narration!
Watching jw now
Effin tkt+snacks cost me $25 but i look forward to seeing star lord command his raptor biker gang to kick dino ass :v

ReAxion

Why yes, let us compare websurfing for free to buying a product. What a wonderful analogy.
Also technically true, they use adblock and whitelist sites they care about.

I absolutely do instantly close websites and don't read when they blast the whole page with an ad before I can read. Idiot.

Anyone play that Project Ark game on Steam? Survival game set on an island of dinosaurs? I watched the trailer and I thought Tim would go crazy for something like that.

Top Bottom