• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

GAAAAAHHHHH!!! Crazy by Seal was playing when I stepped in the car and I thought it was fated to be. But I believe CFA girl has moved onto a point guard role, where she doesn't take orders at the drive thru or in side, so now I have a wall of preacher's daughters and youth groupers blocking me from my goal. What to do? I guess I could go INSIDE next Thursday and pray for the best. I mean I can't just write my number down and have someone hand it to her. Gaaaaaahhhh. This is the most trying time of our generation. I gotta think of a gameplan. I'm just beffudled. I've waited so long that now it's like a Zelda puzzle to get her number. Talk to this guy, move this Boulder, get a gauntlet, hum her a sweet melody. And when we glanced at each other today. Wow. Such perfect facial symmetry. Not even the Mayans could craft something so precise.

You need to team up with Kipp and explain this scenario through the magic of comics.

Messi

Avengers 30-32 the original sin issues

gQeLj.png

ReAxion

GAAAAAHHHHH!!! Crazy by Seal was playing when I stepped in the car and I thought it was fated to be. But I believe CFA girl has moved onto a point guard role, where she doesn't take orders at the drive thru or in side, so now I have a wall of preacher's daughters and youth groupers blocking me from my goal. What to do? I guess I could go INSIDE next Thursday and pray for the best. I mean I can't just write my number down and have someone hand it to her. Gaaaaaahhhh. This is the most trying time of our generation. I gotta think of a gameplan. I'm just beffudled. I've waited so long that now it's like a Zelda puzzle to get her number. Talk to this guy, move this Boulder, get a gauntlet, hum her a sweet melody. And when we glanced at each other today. Wow. Such perfect facial symmetry. Not even the Mayans could craft something so precise.

Send in JC, Suicide Squad style.

tim1138

The wordsmith we deserve.

I'm a little ahead of Messi, I'm on #34. Best quote EVER, I got the chills.

"Ponder this, Captain: How do you think it will feel ... killing your own brothers?"

Hype for Time Runs Out: Maximum.

Messi

Every time I finish an issue of Avengers and New Avengers post Infinity I end up like this

m1y7AxC.gif

Pre Inifinity was a simpler time.

Its still incredible. I have bought in completely to Hickmans madness.

Every time I finish an issue of Avengers and New Avengers post Infinity I end up like this

Really? I like the current Avengers stuff best. Based Hickman. It's gonna suck for Marvel when Hickman takes a break.

Reading about Rafa and Kipp stressing over girls is hilarious. I once asked a girl out to go find a cow with me and she said yes. Get on my level brehs

On topic: avengers world axis tie ins are bad. Valeria is supposed to be a toddler no? Why do most artists draw her way older? Dudes can't draw tiny humans

Messi

Really? I like the current Avengers stuff best. Based Hickman. It's gonna suck for Marvel when Hickman takes a break.

I agree, but its got a lot crazier post Infinity. I don't mean to imply its a bad thing. It is like what I imagine being on a rollercoaster is like.

Hahahahahaha. "Write what we tell you and then shut up."

Not one of Marvel's better ideas. Though publicly criticizing the people paying you isn't a great idea either.
No you're right but I feel like the industry itself tries to avoid criticism.

I was reading something I forgot what that had to do with getting into the industry. In it the writer mentioned that if they look around and find you'really consistently critical of others work, that's seen as a negative. I'm guessing he was talking about typical fan boy hypernegativity but still how many times do you see creators calling each other out for mysogynist racist writing much less lazy boring writing?

Why is criticizing your publisher seen so poorly? Is it because it's unprofessional or because those companies don't want people to know the possibly shitty things they do? I think criticism from creators of publishers and even other creators is important. How are we supposed to grow as a medium/industry if only the critics and consumers talk about the ills of it?

pYiyrYO.jpg

Night Nurse.

Hm... well... i'm not quite sure that i'm the target demographic for this thing. Nor that my tastes are so wide that I could snuggly fit it somewhere.

I just don't know what do do. I don't want to be alone anymore...... :(

Tinder.

Seriously guys, it's 2015. Dating has changed. Get with the times. Ain't because we all a bunch of comic book nerds that you gotta act like a bloody stereotype.

Tizoc

Transformers Windblade #3
Somethings happening, I may have a theory but I know something's happening
ScL1X6Y.jpg

NLKXxZD.jpg

Also Elita-1 to be the Anti-Prime? I can see that happening :p

Yup! Unfortunately, this is the truth everywhere. And I can see why. Why would you bite the hand that feeds you?

Depends on whether you're providing constructive criticism.

Which also depends on how thin-skinned upper management is. And on phrasing.

Overall a very risky move with very little chance of reward.

So, when does Moon Knight stop being good? I'm on issue 3 at the moment.

Ellis gon' Ellis. Apparently it stops being Oh So Good for a coupla ishs after he leaves, but then the new guy finds his voice. Or so i've heard.

Night Nurse.

Hm... well... i'm not quite sure that i'm the target demographic for this thing. Nor that my tastes are so wide that I could snuggly fit it somewhere.

Tinder.

Seriously guys, it's 2015. Dating has changed. Get with the times. Ain't because we all a bunch of comic book nerds that you gotta act like a bloody stereotype.
You think I would meet this Gilmore Girls beauty on TINDER!?!? Perfect facial symmetry brah, I'm pondering that like the freakin' Pyraminds how that is possible. I'm looking for hope here brah. Some direction. Some hope.

PsychBat!

Banned
Depends on whether you're providing constructive criticism.

Which also depends on how thin-skinned upper management is. And on phrasing.

Overall a very risky move with very little chance of reward.

Exactly.

Also if one is just gonna get outraged immediately with no thought on repercussions (and not just your own) then good luck. Because it won't end well. Study your targets I mean foes I mean employers.

You think I would meet this Gilmore Girls beauty on TINDER!?!? Perfect facial symmetry brah, I'm pondering that like the freakin' Pyraminds how that is possible. I'm looking for hope here brah. Some direction. Some hope.

Ok. Here's major pro-league advice. Listen up, m8.

Approach her and start talking. Be friendly. Be genuine. Be funny. Smile a bit. And for the love of fuck, do not mention how her facial simmetry is pleasing to the eye.

That'll be 50 of your american dollars.

Exactly.

Also if one is just gonna get outraged immediately with no thought on repercussions (and not just your own) then good luck. Because it won't end well. Study your targets I mean foes I mean employers.

Wouldn't be surprised if the dude legit believed that them ads gon' make sales numbers drop and is trying to force upper management into backpedalling from a shit decision before it happened. Alas, road to hell, good intentions.

Might stick with it.

HATE how they end so abruptly. I keep thinking I'm missing half the comic.

That's a large part of why they're good, m8. You're getting pretty much 100% meat.

Try dressing in something that didn't come out of Wal-Mart too. You be amazed what talking to someone like a human being while dressed nice can do for you.

m1y7AxC.gif

Is that Willa Holland? Never seen that gif.

EDIT: not that I'm a Willa Holland expert or anything

Try dressing in something that didn't come out of Wal-Mart too. You be amazed what talking to someone like a human being while dressed nice can do for you.

And smelling nice. But then i'm afraid of reccomending this sort of grooming advice because dude might very well try to bathe in perfume.

I'm looking for some next level shit. Brahs don't think I know not to wear Walmart clothes, not douse myself in perfume or mention her facial symmetry? What'd ya think I look like!? The issue is clear, she now has a brigade of preacher daughters and youth groupers blocking her and no pincer movement will allow me to get through. What do I do!? The target is moving further from me......

Messi

I'm looking for some next level shit. Brahs don't think I know not to wear Walmart clothes, not douse myself in perfume or mention her facial symmetry? What'd ya think I look like!? The issue is clear, she now has a brigade of preacher daughters and youth groupers blocking her and no pincer movement will allow me to get through. What do I do!? The target is moving further from me......

She is a person, not a target. Never forget that.

Is that Willa Holland? Never seen that gif.

EDIT: not that I'm a Willa Holland expert or anything

It is. She only posted the video on her instagram last week. It is her massively hungover and her hand keep shaking with the bottle.

Frankly, I just sort of assumed you looked a little bit like your avatar.

Does she know your name? That would make it easier, since you could... uh, ask for her by name.

Messi

Frankly, I just sort of assumed you looked a little bit like your avatar.

Does she know your name? That would make it easier, since you could... uh, ask for her by name.

Rafa is not the guy in his avatar. Or so I was told recently. I am looking at that for years thinking it was him.

Top Bottom