• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Melatonin is really safe. If you're really having trouble sleeping, I'd highly recommend it.
It can cause a sort of dependence, but other than that, there are no negative effects, since it's your body's natural sleepiness chemical.
Ayy, just wanted to pop in and second Kipp's professional doctoring here. Melatonin is completely safe and natural, and will probably give you rad dreams. I have tons of lucid dreams whenever I take it.

Yeah, I recently started taking melatonin for sleep issues, helps a lot. You just have to be careful not to take it too late or you are groggy as hell the next day

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
You know what else helps me get to sleep. A nice twix bar. I alway keep a supply handy, for those long nights, stop my pile of unread comics.

Attilan Rising is picking up steam. Digging it. Kamala OP
Constantine the Hellblazer was dope.
Red Hood and Arsenal was eh
Silk was good
Spider Gwen was good

Also picked up Ms. Marvel Volume 3: Crushed and Nightwing Volume 2: Rough Justice (a reprint of a trade I read back in the day that made me go "Nightwing is fucking sick, brah!")

How did comic gaf like Jurassic World? Seems like I'm in the vast minority that was disappointed by it
It's predicated on every single person (save for Chris Pratt) making every single stupid decision on the planet.

That being said, dinosaurs fuck shit up. So it does have that.
Idk dude. I just think it's a giant ruse and trying to generate some buzz. I genuinely believe that Batwoman loves her girlfriend, where as the Ivy & Harley "relationship" is like what a teenage boy thinks an all girl sleepover is like.
It's been like that since forever
Are they not like that?
I don't know what you're talking about.

3667396-hq2.png

For me, Ivy and Harley's relationship was best during Dini's....Harley and Ivy....three issue mini.

The fuck is that art?

The Origin of the Inhumans is so difficult for me to read, that I've had to take multiple breaks over the course of like, 4 weeks and I'm still not done with it. I have at LEAST 150 pages left.

Fuck, man. Silver Age goddamned FF.

"Crystal, stop asking questions and just submit yourself! Like Sue usually does!"
its probably just "Korra Platinum", aka the C team >_>

Don't do this here...

Black Canary #1
Dr. Fate #1
Prez #1
RunLoveKill #3
Runaways #1

not a whole lot but it looks like quality over quantity, bc i'm hyped for all these new ones

ElNarez

Banned
now if I'm legit I kinda sorta don't like that I have a reputation of being a hater that's angry all the time so here's some shit I like in list form:

Astro City #24
Black Canary #1
Dr. Fate #1
Justice League of America #1
Martian Manhunter #1
Prez #1
Secret Six #3

Lazarus #17
Southern Bastards #9
Surface #3

Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier #9
Ms. Marvel #16
Old Man Logan #2
Runaways #1
Thors #1

Tizoc

its probably just "Korra Platinum", aka the C team >_>

Are you hatin on a video game where we get to punch Devestator in the face as Optimus Prime?

Jigga you used to be on SteamGAF, we buy whatever we want and weep about it later.
Now you in the Comics thread where peeps buy crappy comics just for the art.

You ain't got no right to critiquing bro :V

Let's not forget the people who buy crappy comics just for the writing

now if I'm legit I kinda sorta don't like that I have a reputation of being a hater that's angry all the time so here's some shit I like in list form:

smh @ not even pulling Scott Lobdell's Doomed #1. Sounds like something a hater would do

Has anyone of the uk-bros here used BOOKSetc on Amazon Marketplace? Lying awake this morning I realized my Orion Omnibus still hasn't arrived, two weeks after I ordered it, ten days after it was dispatched...

arkon

Ummmm. Okay, real talk. It seems I've completely forgotten how to draw even half-decently. I rescind my offer to draw requests.

I just tried to draw an arm punching somebody and failed miserably.

This is not like riding a bike.

You mean you knew how to draw half-decently?

My Black list.

My BuyList via Comics Day App

BLACK CANARY #1 $2.99
DR FATE #1 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN & POWER GIRL #1 $2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1 $5.99
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #1 $2.99
ROBIN SON OF BATMAN #1 $3.99
ALEX + ADA #15 $3.99
REVIVAL #30 (MR) $3.99

Messi

Harley Quinn Pee Gee #1
Black Canary #1
Prez #1
Robin Son of Batman #1
Secret Six #3
Runlovekill #3
Southern Bastards #9
Tales of Honor #1
Magneto #19
Deadpool Secret Wars #2
Ms Marvel #16
Runaways #1
Thors #1
Princeless be yourself #1

So after not enjoying secret wars #1 I picked up old man logan and loved it.

Any other secret wars issues worth a read? I saw there are about six different x men related ones. Guide me, oh comic gaf.

Vito

Banned
So I've read Low, Descender, Black Science (need to catch up), in the past I've read Six Gun Gorilla, East of West (should probably re-read and catch up too), any other scifi recommendations with great art?

Oh, read Rocket Girl and of course still reading Saga as well. I try keeping up with the news, but sites like CBR just overwhelm me with Marvel and DC stuff. I'll finish Chrononauts as well cause I love Murphy's artwork.

Zombine

Banned
Yeah, I recently started taking melatonin for sleep issues, helps a lot. You just have to be careful not to take it too late or you are groggy as hell the next day

Been taking Melatonin for a few months now about 30 minutes before bed, and I have to say that the pill has helped me reclaim my rest a bit.

Long story short, I have a fucked up septum, and it causes me to never really hit rem at night. I can easily wake up a few times a night then wake up at 6 AM and not be able to go back to sleep. I started taking 2 melatonin pills a night, and while you won't sleep the next day till like 10am or anything ridiculous, if you do take it you'll notice that you sleep as soundly as your body will let you, and if you take the right pill you'll wake up feeling fine.

I rep those nature made pills from Walmart.

Edit: I also don't rely on them. I take them on and off through the week, and it tricks my body on my off day to sleep just as well as an on day.

tim1138

So I've read Low, Descender, Black Science (need to catch up), in the past I've read Six Gun Gorilla, East of West (should probably re-read and catch up too), any other scifi recommendations with great art?

Oh, read Rocket Girl and of course still reading Saga as well. I try keeping up with the news, but sites like CBR just overwhelm me with Marvel and DC stuff. I'll finish Chrononauts as well cause I love Murphy's artwork.

Manhattan Projects!
Fear Agent!
Pax Romana!
Planetary!
God Hates Astronauts!

Squire

Banned
kids EVERYWHERE!

Seriously Smasher had a kid in that time?

I think the implication there is the kid was conceived right after Infinity and that's why we stopped seeing her and Sam (and by extension, Bobby) in the main book.

I kinda hate that Hickman did that though. Like, I hope SW retcons that.

Messi

I think the implication there is the kid was conceived right after Infinity and that's why we stopped seeing her and Sam (and by extension, Bobby) in the main book.

I kinda hate that Hickman did that though. Like, I hope SW retcons that.

It honestly bothered me

also Hyperion (I think) has a teenage zebra child? Wat

Owzers

Kingsman is $12.99 blu ray at Best Buy, Redbox doesn't have the movie until early July.

Is it worth buying if i don't buy movies? For reference, I liked John Wick a lot but was content in not buying it.

I do want to give one word of warning on melatonin based on my own experiences. I'm still not sure if it was just a bad reaction for me or because the pills I got were so high dose (10 mg because I had no idea WTF I was doing), but when I took them I basically couldn't sleep and was completely fucked up. It was a nightmare for the couple days it took for me to be certain that it was the cause. Missed a few days of work, even So just be careful with it.

I do want to give one word of warning on melatonin based on my own experiences. I'm still not sure if it was just a bad reaction for me or because the pills I got were so high dose (10 mg because I had no idea WTF I was doing), but when I took them I basically couldn't sleep and was completely fucked up. It was a nightmare for the couple days it took for me to be certain that it was the cause. Missed a few days of work, even So just be careful with it.

Were you on the run from a Terminator during that time?

Top Bottom