• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

tim1138

They should resurrect the TV show pilot/concept again. It was made too soon. Love that comic

It seems like it would be fairly easy to adapt too, you'd only need a couple of main cast members and could rotate through the rest.

d165b589292814a997fb8c98130e09c9.jpg

It seems like it would be fairly easy to adapt too, you'd only need a couple of main cast members and could rotate through the rest.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d1/65/b5/d165b589292814a997fb8c98130e09c9.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

I know! Even when I read it when it came out you could see how it was almost written to be a procedural show.

So after not enjoying secret wars #1 I picked up old man logan and loved it.

Any other secret wars issues worth a read? I saw there are about six different x men related ones. Guide me, oh comic gaf.

Most of the X-Men tie ins are pretty mediocre/bad. Best SW books (aside from Old Man Logan):

1602: Witch Hunter Angela
Giant-Size Little Marvel: AvX
Infinity Gauntlet
MODOK Assassin
Marvel Zombies
Weirdworld

Also you might try Ghost Racers, Master of Kung Fu, Planet Hulk, they're all good books too, but not quite the cream of the crop

So I've read Low, Descender, Black Science (need to catch up), in the past I've read Six Gun Gorilla, East of West (should probably re-read and catch up too), any other scifi recommendations with great art?

Oh, read Rocket Girl and of course still reading Saga as well. I try keeping up with the news, but sites like CBR just overwhelm me with Marvel and DC stuff. I'll finish Chrononauts as well cause I love Murphy's artwork.

Invisible Republic

Messi

I think I agree with the sentiment I read on here that Avengers is great at times but has dips in quality throughout the run. But New Avengers is the hypest shit throughout. They are never not doing the most crazy shit. The times when they aren't doing crazy shit they are talking about the plans to do crazy shit.

Based Hickman.

That's unforgivable
That damn Harley Quinn.
Lock her in jail and throw away the key
jesus FUCKING christ put this image behind NSFW quotes or something SHIT
I'm not one to normally advocate for the death penalty, but she truly is one of Gotham City's worst. By putting this menace in the ground where she belongs, Gotham's citizens could sleep soundly at night, on their fully intact and tagged mattresses, knowing this menace will never tear-orize their living rooms and dinette sets again.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I can deal with good writing/bad art (for the most part), but I can't deal with bad writing/good art.

Like, I still really enjoyed Morrison's New X-men despite the Igor Kordey.

E: Also, some issues of Zero. Felt there were a few artist misses throughout the run.

Squire

Banned
It honestly bothered me

also Hyperion (I think) has a teenage zebra child? Wat

Nah, that's:

Hyperion becomes an adoptive father for the zebra kids, and it really gives him something to live for along with his relationship with Thor.

Hickman did great with that, for sure.

frye

I can deal with good writing/bad art (for the most part), but I can't deal with bad writing/good art.

Like, I still really enjoyed Morrison's New X-men despite the Igor Kordey.

E: Also, some issues of Zero. Felt there were a few artist misses throughout the run.

I can "deal" with both but I feel like i've read too many comics that were lacking in one way but not the other. NO MORE

re: Zero I think with the exception of maybe one person the art has been very strong for a book that switches artists every issue

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I can "deal" with both but I feel like i've read too many comics that were lacking in one way but not the other. NO MORE

re: Zero I think with the exception of maybe one person the art has been very strong for a book that switches artists every issue

Haha--at 3.99-4.99 a book, I agree.

Also, yeah, I have enjoyed the artists on almost all of the issues of Zero, but one or two, compared to the rest, really stood out as being weaker, I guess. That said, I still vocally support how great of an experiment Zero was/is and how fucking well all of the elements came together, despite being kind of against the nature of monthly comics.

I just got a new tablet and I am now reading comics again after a pretty long hiatus !
I picked up Action Comics #41 and I really liked it but I was wondering in what issue was Superman's identity outed ? There are a ot of Superman series so it's a bit confusing...

Aside from that I read and enjoyed Stafire #1 and I just suscribed to Marvel Unlimited. Too bad DC doesn"t seem to have a similar app.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Low was pretty good. Tucchini's art is an acquired taste. Didn't care for it in the beginning, but grew to like it more as the story went on.

Is this series on a break? Last issue was february.

Trees is next.

Boogiepop

Uggggh. Just lost like 10-15 times in a row in Splatoon ranked mode. That was baaaaaaaaad. Wasn't even me playing poorly (I was the ace of my team most matches), and yet it just... kept... happening! And I only wanted one more win in order to have enough money to buy the last three star equipment in the shop for the day. I eventually got it, but that was super, super frustrating.

And, um... yeah. Comics are good too. Read the latest Transformers trades the other day, MTMTE continues to be great.

Also, I don't want E3 spoilers but they keep getting posted everywhere. But I don't want to abandon GAF until the press conferences are over. :(

Filthy Slug

Low was pretty good. Tucchini's art is an acquired taste. Didn't care for it in the beginning, but grew to like it more as the story went on.

Is this series on a break? Last issue was february.

Trees is next.

Completely agree with you. I also thought the series had like a 3 issue learning curve, where it would have been incredibly easy to dismiss and drop the book. But now I'm fully into the series, and it's very clearly Remender-y.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I do want to give one word of warning on melatonin based on my own experiences. I'm still not sure if it was just a bad reaction for me or because the pills I got were so high dose (10 mg because I had no idea WTF I was doing), but when I took them I basically couldn't sleep and was completely fucked up. It was a nightmare for the couple days it took for me to be certain that it was the cause. Missed a few days of work, even So just be careful with it.

Yeah, taking too much is definitely a bad idea. It won't do any lasting damage, but it'll be a bad time.

And another thing that's good to know: The recommended dosage for melatonin is actually like 0.25-0.5 mg. So basically you ought to just ingest tiny little bits of the tablets you can buy, because they usually come in like 3mg or something.
It's kind of counter-intuitive, but I feel like the more you take of it past 1mg or so, the worse you sleep.

Filthy Slug

I've never fucked with the tablets, but I had a friend have a bad reaction to them. The liquid is super easy to moderate too, so that's another plus, maybe.

I used to break the tablets in half myself. But now I just get my black ass away from any bright screens and lights 30 minutes before bed, that works too lol

Kipp

COMICS? |OT| July 2015. All Your Melatonin Questions Answered

I'm surprised that you guys have problems with it. I take 2 5mg tablets before bed.

Goodness. That's nuts.
Your body probably produces none of its own melatonin at this point. Haha

I used to break the tablets in half myself. But now I just get my black ass away from any bright screens and lights 30 minutes before bed, that works too lol

Yeah, I haven't had any trouble sleeping recently so I haven't needed it for a while.
I only use it when I really really need it since I do notice it's harder to fall asleep without it even after just taking it for one night.

Zombine

Banned
Goodness. That's nuts.
Your body probably produces none of its own melatonin at this point. Haha.

I'm not really convinced I was at all. I have a really hard time staying asleep. Falling asleep? No problem. But having a nice restful sleep is impossible. I probably have sleep apnea.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
How are the Injustice of the Gods books? I've never been much of a DC guy but I keep seeing them at work and for some reason they look interesting to me.

Afrodium

Banned
Just started Morrison's Batman run and hit the The Clown at Midnight issue. I gotta say, this is some terrible 'art.' Did this even look good at the time?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Ghost thread in OT is a great read when you read it while listen to horrormovie themes like Excorcist, The Thing, Prince of Darkness

Filthy Slug

Just started Morrison's Batman run and hit the The Clown at Midnight issue. I gotta say, this is some terrible 'art.' Did this even look good at the time?

No.

And just wait for the Internet 3.0 issue.

Kipp

I'm not really convinced I was at all. I have a really hard time staying asleep. Falling asleep? No problem. But having a nice restful sleep is impossible. I probably have sleep apnea.

Even before melatonin? Because that's the main thing taking a lot of melatonin does to me. If I take a bunch, I fall asleep almost instantly, but my sleep isn't restful at all.

Top Bottom