• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Owzers

I do not consider amibo announcements to be e3 spoilers, but I'm still avoiding gamer side until after Microsoft conference.

Those poor amibo addicts...

Animal Crossing and 8-Bit Mario seem to have gotten leaked.

Well, enjoy trying to get in those pre-orders, guys.

8-Bit Mario?!?!?!

i-don-t-need-it-o.gif

I find that I don't look forward to E3 as much as I used to. At least for the past few years. There don't seem to be as many exciting announcements as there used to be.
This year I wasn't too hyped. Then the last guardian chatter started. I think a lot of that lack of hype is due to all the leaks and early announcements. Things lose the wow factor.

The one thing I tire is the average gaf E3 viewer seems to develop an attention span that lasts seconds before bitching ensues. So I avoid the conference threads as they are happening. They bitch at trailers, demos lasting more than 5 secs, people talking, etc.

Messi

I don't get Amiibo. As someone who didn't grow up playing Nintendo nor do I play it now, for example I've never played Zelda, Metroid ect. I get it isn't for me. Why isn't there more supplies for the demand?

This year I wasn't too hyped. Then the last guardian chatter started. I think a lot of that lack of hype is due to all the leaks and early announcements. Things lose the wow factor.

The only things that have the potential to wow me now are Mass Effect 4 and Last Guardian.

I don't get Amiibo. As someone who didn't grow up playing Nintendo nor do I play it now, for example I've never played Zelda, Metroid ect. I get it isn't for me. Why isn't there more supplies for the demand?

Next you'll tell us you've never seen Star Wars.

I almost made this exact same post. I mean...I get the appeal somewhat, as I love the Disney Infinity heroes (not enough to go apeshit collecting all of them, but I probably have about a dozen). It just seems like things are so much crazier for Amiibo fans.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
yo can y'all just tell me how/where to buy a yarn yoshi. I just want that cute little bastard in my hands.

Working my way through Marvel Noir.

wut, there was an iron man noir? sure, tony being an alcoholic weapons dealer might very well fit, let's have a gander....

... hm...

No idea why they printed this under the noir flag, tbh. It's regular steampunk spelunking.

Such a bloody downer of a weekend. I seem to get crap endings in many of my Witcher 3 quests. Have been reading 'It Was The War Of The Trenches'. Then I watched this movie at my local film fest.

A lot of quests involve just finding the less shittier solution. Geralt aint albino jesus.

Kinda like it, tbh.

Like if I want an Infinity figure I can go to the store and buy Quorra. Are they not leaving money on the table with Amiibo?

At first, I think they underestimated demand for Amiibo. But now that they know the customer base is there, I think they're manipulating production quantities to some degree to make sure they keep selling out. Another instance of Nintendo treating their customers like shit.

For Yarn Yoshi, I'm willing to commit.

I'm pretty sure he's also more expensive than the standard Amiibos. I think he was about $30, and now the online aftermarket price has him closer to $50.

Nintendo loves to pull this artificial supply constraints on its products and abuse its fans all the time. It's their way of getting good buzz.

Also gotta keep in mind that ninty will always try to cut costs nearly everywhere it can and is more than happy to collude with others to shaft consumers.

It's quite surprising that they don't have a bigger rep as scumbags, tbh.

It is interesting to see the extreme toy collector characteristics with them but after the hell people go through to get them they open them. That's new

I open mine and use them in Smash and other games that are compatible with them. I don't care about keeping them in a box in mint condition.

I open mine and use them in Smash and other games that are compatible with them. I don't care about keeping them in a box in mint condition.

It's really not even worth keeping things in the package anymore. There's not enough appreciation in value with most toys these days to justify them as an investment.

It's really not even worth keeping things in the package anymore. There's not enough appreciation in value with most toys these days to justify them as an investment.

Exactly. You went through all the trouble to buy it only to keep it in a box and never open it? Rip that shit open and let it free. I even see people carefully open the amiibo box and save it. I know its a nice box but seriously? lol

Owzers

Go Warriors!

Cavs do not have this.

And Bethesda E3 conference tonight, i don't care about Fallout 4 at all and will probably be bored by it.

Owzers

I keep going back and forth between liking Witcher 3 and being tired of Witcher 3. I went through a patch of way too much dialogue, the one where you have to find five women a character met, felt like a HUGE waste of time.

And Bethesda E3 conference tonight, i don't care about Fallout 4 at all and will probably be bored by it.

I liked Fallout 3 and New Vegas a good bit... but man, so many re-used textures. There's a lot of content, but after the first few hours I sure hope you like looking at the same thing for the next 50-100. That's the major reason I always give Elder Scrolls the edge over Fallout. You get a real assortment of environments instead of dirt, sand, dirt, dirt and rocks.

Messi

I dont know what I will do once I catch up with Avengers and New Avengers. It's going to crush me. I am in waaaaay too deep. This is like that boxset thing.

MartyStu

Any suggestions for well-written, thematically consistent self-contained runs? Especially pre-Flashpoint (around the time I started reading)

Examples (AKA the runs that got me reading cape comics):

Remenders's Uncanny X-Force
Vaughn's Runaways
Batgirl v3
Blue Beetle v8

Any suggestions for well-written, thematically consistent self-contained runs? Especially pre-Flashpoint (around the time I started reading)

Examples (AKA the runs that got me reading cape comics):

Remenders's Uncanny X-Force
Vaughn's Runaways
Batgirl v3
Blue Beetle v8

Ellis Moon Knight
Ellis Nextwave
Ennis Punisher Max
Ennis Fury: My War Gone By

Owzers

Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier Uncanny X-Men issue on MU was terrible, this is the kind of stuff that makes me dislike Bendis where it's just a whole bunch of nothing.

Top Bottom