• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Remembered that i've never read all the Muhvel Zombies.

It's really weird how quickly it goes from complete nonsense storytelling to "but what if the superpowered zombies could think?" and then instantly becomes MUCH more interesting.

Also lol at the duck punking the dude.

Working my way through Marvel Noir.

wut, there was an iron man noir? sure, tony being an alcoholic weapons dealer might very well fit, let's have a gander....

... hm...

No idea why they printed this under the noir flag, tbh. It's regular steampunk spelunking.

A lot of quests involve just finding the less shittier solution. Geralt aint albino jesus.

Kinda like it, tbh.
"Pulp, noir, same thing, right?"

Remembered that i've never read all the Muhvel Zombies.

It's really weird how quickly it goes from complete nonsense storytelling to "but what if the superpowered zombies could think?" and then instantly becomes MUCH more interesting.

I didn't know they came from Ultimate Fantastic Four. I read Marvel Zombies first, then UFF later and was like "Holy shit, why are they back?"

And that's how you make a great nextwave cameo.

... how the heck does zombie thor remain worthy after zombifying a truckload of humans?
-
QPYBoAA.jpg

my love for marvel zombies is quickly becoming endless.

Owzers

that ios/android Fallout Shelter game looked the best out of shown stuff...

i hope it's not terrible.

Also, Cavs totally had that outside of actually winning and looking good.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
And that's how you make a great nextwave cameo.

... how the heck does zombie thor remain worthy after zombifying a truckload of humans?
-

my love for marvel zombies is quickly becoming endless.

its gonna wane. they keep the car rolling after the story ends.

That trailer was pretty hype. But at some point they're going to need to build a new game engine for Fallout and the Elder Scrolls to really take advantage of the new consoles. It looks like they're still working with last-gen tech.
I'll buy the GOTY edition on steam in a couple years with all the mods touching it all up.

Wouldn't you rather buy it at launch so you can pony up for a season pass, too? You think they'll ask for an extra $40 or go for the price of a whole extra game?
Haha I still haven't played 3 or NV. It'll be a while before I get to it. But my guess is $40 season pass. WB broke through the $40 season pass barrier. And Bethesda has never been cheap with their DLC pricing

But all I'm thinking about is doom. I want that game to be good sooo bad. After wolfenstein the new order I have hope.

But all I'm thinking about is doom. I want that game to be good sooo bad. After wolfenstein the new order I have hope.

I was late checking out the Doom trailer, but yeah, it looks pretty rad. Kinda getting some Doom3 vibes off of it. The thing I'm hoping for, though... is a Mass Effect 4 reveal tomorrow at EA's press conference. That's all I need. Pls EA.

Wonder who is gonna write Guardians when ANAD Marvel starts. Maybe Duggan? Then again, he could be taking over Uncanny Avengers since he's credited as a writer in the last issue.

Or maybe it'll still be Bendis :/

Vibranium

Banned
That trailer was pretty hype. But at some point they're going to need to build a new game engine for Fallout and the Elder Scrolls to really take advantage of the new consoles. It looks like they're still working with last-gen tech.

idTech6 hopefully, Regardless of people's feelings on Doom the engine looks solid. Bethesda should use it for future open world games.

Anyways...it's been kind of an off week for me in comics. Reread Winter Soldier and Bru's Cap, as awesome as ever.

Wonder who is gonna write Guardians when ANAD Marvel starts. Maybe Duggan? Then again, he could be taking over Uncanny Avengers since he's credited as a writer in the last issue.

Or maybe it'll still be Bendis :/

Duggan on Guardians would be great, I support this idea.

Duggan on Guardians would be great, I support this idea.

Yeah I've read very little of his work but Infinity Gauntlet had a very promising first issue. Weaver's art and designs are very nice too. How can I say no to Thanos wearing a battered cloak like Crossbone Gundam?

Squire

Banned
I dont know what I will do once I catch up with Avengers and New Avengers. It's going to crush me. I am in waaaaay too deep. This is like that boxset thing.

You're exactly where I was dude. The whole thing is so amazing and Secret Wars is delivering like Dominos.

Legion of Super Heroes vol. 1 came in the mail. Just finished the Dream Girl v. Branisc 5 story.

Stellar work. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Edit:
#TeamDreamGirl

Always bet on Dream Girl.

I liked that they went into some more detail on precog fighting in this incarnation of the Legion. How badass would you be if you could see exactly what your opponent is going to do? Pretty badass. She's been one of their top hand to hand fighters outside or Karate Kid for most of her existence.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The seal in the overalls? That's Ghus from Saga. On the Nerdist Writer's Panel he was on, Brian K Vaughn said that Fiona had drawn a little seal guy and asked if he could be in more issues, BKV agreed that he should be.

Cade

The seal in the overalls? That's Ghus from Saga. On the Nerdist Writer's Panel he was on, Brian K Vaughn said that Fiona had drawn a little seal guy and asked if he could be in more issues, BKV agreed that he should be.

Ah, okay. I'm way behind on Saga so I had no idea. He's great.

Squire

Banned
Always bet on Dream Girl.

I liked that they went into some more detail on precog fighting in this incarnation of the Legion. How badass would you be if you could see exactly what your opponent is going to do? Pretty badass. She's been one of their top hand to hand fighters outside or Karate Kid for most of her existence.

The issue after that, about Triplicate Girl, was just as good. This is some really smart stuff.

The issue after that, about Triplicate Girl, was just as good. This is some really smart stuff.

Another interesting change. Normally her people can just become three (thus Triplicate Girl) but here we have an entire planet made up of one person. By joining the outside world these Triplicate Girls have become "different" and thus shunned by their other parts.

Loved the "dates", specifically the Ultra Boy one. He's so wonderfully cocky. The scene with him and Triplicate Girl in the car was Sogood.gif.

Squire

Banned
Another interesting change. Normally her people can just become three (thus Triplicate Girl) but here we have an entire planet made up of one person. By joining the outside world these Triplicate Girls have become "different" and thus shunned by their other parts.

Loved the "dates", specifically the Ultra Boy one. He's so wonderfully cocky. The scene with him and Triplicate Girl in the car was Sogood.gif.

Haha, exactly what I was thinking! "C'mon baby, do it." "Do what?"

That also occurred to me with the way the clones developed differently as they separated. Really interesting exploration of that power, as was the precog stuff in the Dream Girl issue before. Which reminds me, I thought what Brainy said about taking the mystery out of life by always knowing the next step was a surprisingly romantic stance for him. His feelings are contextualized really well there.

I'll have to post after I read the next part.

Top Bottom