• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

well that was the best thing i've seen. It was a fan fiction of my dream press conference. I've never seen Sony start on time, or ever be so focused and well paced.

Shenmue 3 is backed by *points* this guy!

Owzers

That was a big disappointment for me, i'll probably get over it though, but it felt all downhill after Horizons. Uncharted 4 looked great graphically but i tire of "go down this path" games and i wish you coudl have went through houses...

you FF7 remake people, your true wait begins now.

i thought World of Final Fantasy was going to be a stage in Kingdom Hearts 3 when they first showed it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That was a big disappointment for me, i'll probably get over it though, but it felt all downhill after Horizons. Uncharted 4 looked great graphically but i tire of "go down this path" games and i wish you coudl have went through houses...

i thought World of Final Fantasy was going to be a stage in Kingdom Hearts 3 when they first showed it.
wat

I actually sorta agree with you if only bc i recognize that most of that stuff they showed just ain't for me, but it's for someone at least

Messi

So what is coming out this year on PS4? Like exclusive wise? I can't think of many things.

I actually sorta agree with you if only bc i recognize that most of that stuff just ain't for me

This is how I feel.

I was just shocked that TLG actually existed, but in the end I have very little interest in playing it. No interest in Final Fantasy 7 or Shenmue 3. I am happy for the fans but that stuff wasnt for me.

Vyer

I know it's dumb and a little cliched at this point, but I'm excited about FF7 remake.

it's great to see Suzuki deciding to go forward with the kickstarter. there were reports he's been considering it for a while.

Sony getting involved in a Kickstarter is a little ridiculous.

Owzers

Horizons looked too much like Enslaved in setting and robots, i wish Horizons had actual dinosaurs and not robots, i hate robots in games.

I'm bummed :/

My feelings about e3's press conferences are the exact same as i had when i wanted the Cavs to win the playoffs. Hype and hope crushed when Call of Duty Black Ops 3 and Assassin's Creed staggered into the forth quarter of the conference and airballed a 3. I'd pretend like Nintendo can turn things around tomorrow but best case scenario is an Animal Crossing reveal and i'm not about that animal neighbor petting couch rearranging lifestyle.

Lashley

I know it's dumb and a little cliched at this point, but I'm excited about FF7 remake.

it's great to see Suzuki deciding to go forward with the kickstarter. there were reports he's been considering it for a while.

Sony getting involved in a Kickstarter is a little ridiculous.
i think they're just testing the waters to see if theres an audience for it

Ah, me too. While I'm not one of the people who was clamoring for it and salivating at the mere though, if they're doing this with the FFXV engine, I'll be there day 0.

Speaking of, I just knew someone was going to gif this as soon as I saw it:
IAkAPwq.gif

It was disappointing for me for the same reason Jurassic World was disappointing, it's mostly nostalgia bomb and once you realize that, you realize that one of the games isn't funded yet, one is a remake instead of new material, and the other was suppose to be out years ago and the gameplay looks very similar to it's predecessor.

Horizon was cool though, I wish there were more of that. Third parties are still the strongest in business. Dark Souls 3, Battlefront and Knights of the Fallen Empire are my trinity right now.

It was disappointing for me for the same reason Jurassic World was disappointing, it's mostly nostalgia bomb and once you realize that, you realize that one of the games isn't funded yet, one is a remake instead of new material, and the other was suppose to be out years ago and the gameplay looks very similar to it's predecessor.

Final Fantasy VII came out almost 20 years ago. I'm more than willing to play a technologically up-to-date version. And come on... trying to hate on Last Guardian?

Lashley

Horizon was cool though, I wish there were more of that. Third parties are still the strongest in business. Dark Souls 3, Battlefront and Knights of the Fallen Empire are my trinity right now.
I wish SWTOR would come to consoles.

Mudcrab

Honestly I'm not feeling the hype with Horizon. It didn't stand out to me anymore than the latest Assassin's Creed or CoD did. Then again I also thought Doom looked boring so what do I know?

Final Fantasy VII came out almost 20 years ago. I'm more than willing to play a technologically up-to-date version. And come on... trying to hate on Last Guardian?

I'm not trying to hate on it, but we were shown a very small slice of the game and it looked very similar to Ico. I'm sure as we see more of it we'll see the unique interactions between the Guardian and the player.

secretly butthurt we're not getting a sequel to FF6

I wish SWTOR would come to consoles.

Really seems like a good jumping on point, almost like a reboot. Being able to start at level 60 and massive story quota changes. I know most of gaf hates on TOR but I enjoyed the storytelling in it.

I'm not trying to hate on it, but we were shown a very small slice of the game and it looked very similar to Ico. I'm sure as we see more of it we'll see the unique interactions between the Guardian and the player.

secretly butthurt we're not getting a sequel to FF6

That team doesn't put out many games. Not at all. But they're 2 for 2 for brilliant gaming experiences so far. As for Final Fantasy, I agree that VI was the best FF game to date. But I think FFVII gets all of the love because it was the introduction to the franchise for an entire generation. People played Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation before Square even thought to release anything like Final Fantasy Chronicles / Anthology. I'm an OG, tho. I played it when it was Final Fantasy III on the SNES.

Man what an amazing e3. The one e3 I wasn't excited about shows up and blows everything away. Battlefront, track mania (aka my wipeout replacement) ratchet, Mario maker, metal gear, uncharted 4, NMS, TLG, FF7 R, horizon, unraveled, etc. just great great stuff.

Owzers

Horizon's problem is it spent too long shooting robot dinosaurs. "Here's this huge world and let's shoot a robot's weak points for massive damage"

Boogiepop

Funny enough I'm a "I'm actually personally not that blown away in terms of excitement" type, but I can respect that those were insane and huge announcements from Sony. Really hoping they both maintain the quirky and charming stuff well in VII, as well as really tightening up the things that make it a middle-ground FF for me, instead of just making it pretty and serious. And Last Guardian... I dunno. I'm sure it'll be good, but it hasn't got me excited from seeing it, and is pretty much just riding on the past games for me.

That Horizon thing looked neat, though, and I'm curious to see what the weird quirky FF thing they showed off turns out as.

I haven't played Shenmue 1 or 2, so the excitement for 3 isn't hitting me, and the kickstarter thing threw it off a little in my head.

Also doesn't help that I really am not an Uncharted guy.

But yeah, I'm a Nintendo guy anyway usually, so here's hoping they do good tomorrow.

Owzers

Tell us a story about that one time you liked something.

:D

Its name was Super Mario Galaxy.

I'm liking Witcher 3 slightly more each time i learn new things, like bombs replenish by meditating as long as you have alcohol. Now i can use something against mobs. Still have problems with the run-around quests. It's edging out Bloodborne for my favorite PS4 game, mainly since i didn't die 40 times in the fist 5 hours with minute long load times for each.

Top Bottom