• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

tim1138

Meanwhile Tim be like,

gl49.jpg

Yeah, that looks about right. :D

I don't think he's dead either and is probably working undercover with the Omega Men

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Anyone else going all in on Secret Wars?

pretty much at this point - every one i read has been great and the whole battleworld has already become so compelling

i need to dig into my copies of future imperfect, 1602 & young avengers ASAP tho.... gotta know dat context

I can't believe I've only dropped a couple of the tie ins. I was expecting to like maybe half of them. But yeah Battleworld is just an extremely compelling setting.

Teen titans seems fun.
They're not like us has some of the best art ever
Simonsons Thor is better than people even say
Grayson preview was awesome
If you read my reaction posts you can figure out how I read my comics on CMX

CBTech

Oh hey, this DC sale seems nice. Good time to catch up on some Superman and other stuff I missed. Remind me again what Superman runs are worth reading? I think I have a list you guys gave me somewhere. What about other New 52 stuff. Any recommendations? Interested in Catwoman, Flash, and Wonder Woman.

Fintan

Catching up with Secret Wars tie-ins. Infinity Gauntlet was really good. Favourite tie-in so far, I think. Art's amazing and an intriguing set-up.

Calcium

Banned
A friend of mine on another forum is starting to get into comics after watching all of the recent DC TV shows. I recommended him Saga of the Swamp Thing a while back, and yesterday checked up on him to see how he was enjoying it.

You are doing good work, Baron.

Recommending Swamp Thing to someone just getting into comics because of stuff like Arrow / Flash, etc, just seems weird. I get that people like it but it's not what I'd suggest in the same circumstances.

I recommend Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing to everyone. Even random strangers I pass by in the streets.
Nobody likes me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Oh hey, this DC sale seems nice. Good time to catch up on some Superman and other stuff I missed. Remind me again what Superman runs are worth reading? I think I have a list you guys gave me somewhere. What about other New 52 stuff. Any recommendations? Interested in Catwoman, Flash, and Wonder Woman.

The Flash has beautiful art, but Azz's WW is oft-considered one of the best N52 runs.

Catching up with Secret Wars tie-ins. Infinity Gauntlet was really good. Favourite tie-in so far, I think. Art's amazing and an intriguing set-up.

IG might be my favorite as well. been a while since a floppy full of new characters had me on the edge of my seat the whole read through.

Superman 32-39 are worth reading. 39 is probably the best issue and it's not on sale :/

Owzers

I wouldn't bother

Too late! Finished 12 and 13 just now, i'm not going to complain a bunch about it since i already did so with the volume 1 hardcover. I got enough enjoyment out of it not to regret the purchase but still don't like the writing/plotting of the series.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Awww yes! So remember how yesterday I was complaining about how much I disliked my job and the fact that it was boring and I had to sit all day and it was killing my back?
So this morning I got a text from my neighbor asking me if I'd be interested in a management position at the FroYo place she owns, and the pay would be higher than what I'm making at my full-time job right now.

If this happens, I will be so happy. Everything's coming up Kipphouse!

Awww yes! So remember how yesterday I was complaining about how much I disliked my job and the fact that it was boring and I had to sit all day and it was killing my back?
So this morning I got a text from my neighbor asking me if I'd be interested in a management position at the FroYo place she owns, and the pay would be higher than what I'm making at my full-time job right now.

What happened with Boulder Girl?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Turns out, things arent as bad as I thought (as always...). There is something shitty, but seems like most of it ia going to be ok in some time.

Bad news is, that I still havent got my Comics. I think I just start to stop waiting :(

Ah, and Marvels FCBD Issues are finally online.

Owzers

I can't partake in Fallout 4 hype, i remember Fallout 3's campaign being awful and since people liked the game overall, much like Skyrim, there is no desire for developers to make the stories and main missions interesting. Make a big world and let people discover stuff, rush through whatever plot you come up with.

Kipp

What happened with Boulder Girl?

That's actually some more potentially good news. The dream isn't dead yet.
So I'm going to see the Mountain Goats in LA tomorrow night (with Filthy Slug!) and I told her that I was going to that show and so she was like "I'll need to listen to them!" This morning she sent me a text saying "I love the mountain goats."
So now I'm going to see if I can get her to go to the show with me. Haha. I desperately want someone to keep me sane while driving through the LA traffic.

Mudcrab

I can't partake in Fallout 4 hype, i remember Fallout 3's campaign being awful and since people liked the game overall, much like Skyrim, there is no desire for developers to make the stories and main missions interesting. Make a big world and let people discover stuff, rush through whatever plot you come up with.

I'd only be hype for more Obsidian Fallout.

But nobody loves Kipphouse...

Congrats tho.

Also has anyone had that...thing...where they have a basket on CMX, they mean to click empty basket but force of habit makes you buy 14 issues of Harley Quinn...

That's actually some more potentially good news. The dream isn't dead yet.
So I'm going to see the Mountain Goats in LA tomorrow night (with Filthy Slug!) and I told her that I was going to that show and so she was like "I'll need to listen to them!" This morning she sent me a text saying "I love the mountain goats."
So now I'm going to see if I can get her to go to the show with me. Haha. I desperately want someone to keep me sane while driving through the LA traffic.
someone get this man some fire emojis
But nobody loves Kipphouse...

Congrats tho.

Also has anyone had that...thing...where they have a basket on CMX, they mean to click empty basket but force of habit makes you buy 14 issues of Harley Quinn...

I know that feeling.

I'm staying strong this month on sales. No purchases I won't read for real this month.

Kipp

someone get this man some fire emojis

I'm at work right now and using fire emojis is one of my main responsibilities!
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

But for real, I run the Instagram page and I use fire emojis FOR DAYS.

Zombine

Banned
I'm at work right now and using fire emojis is one of my main responsibilities!
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

But for real, I run the Instagram page and I use fire emojis FOR DAYS.

🌝

Kipp

NOOOOOOOO.

She works until 6:15 and the concert is like a 3 hour drive and doors open at 7.

The dream is officially dead. 😩

Kipp

Time to move on to the other girl in that pic.

Hahaha
That's some pro advice right there.

Tell her to take the day off.

I did. I was like "Tell them you have more important things to do!"
But she nannies. She can't really abandon some young children.
Well, she could. I think if she really cared about me she'd abandon young children for me.

Well, she could. I think if she really cared about me she'd abandon young children for me.

Sounds like you're ponying up for a few more tickets for the children.

Owzers

Hahaha
That's some pro advice right there.

Have her bring the kids along, it will be an adventure. ^^^^^^ go read some Legion books harrier you ruined my idea by having it before me.

Kipp

Hahaha. You guys have the most brilliant ideas.

"Hey, so I'm actually going to take your kids out on the town for the night. We should be back by like 1am though, so don't worry!"

Top Bottom