• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yo how do you feel about naming one of your characters Zombine?
That'd be fucking ace.

Dinosaurs fighting people? I'm in for about $20 USD.

Thank you! But is it much of a fight, though
V7oUJyG.jpg

X-Men Legacy.... 210? thereabouts.

I wanna do unspeakably horrible things to whoever okayed Rogue's speech quirks. It's one of those things that i've never had to face due to being shielded from it by the language barrier.

SoilBreak

Banned
Oh hey, this DC sale seems nice. Good time to catch up on some Superman and other stuff I missed. Remind me again what Superman runs are worth reading? I think I have a list you guys gave me somewhere. What about other New 52 stuff. Any recommendations? Interested in Catwoman, Flash, and Wonder Woman.

Catwoman Issues #35-38

Check out Aquaman too.

tim1138

Swamp Thing is voiced by The Iron Giant/Vin Diesel, in a very deliberate speech.

"Yes...I ....have read...the file..."

Some combination of theach Iron Giant and the Rock Biter from the Neverending Story. Deliberate and rumbling, but not necessarily loud. I don't think there's a real life equivalent for how I hear his voice in my head.

Swamp Thing is voiced by The Iron Giant/Vin Diesel, in a very deliberate speech.

"Yes...I ....have read...the file..."

That's good also. Might have to try that on my next chapter. I tried reading Batman/Bruce Wayne with Affleks voice and that didn't work out to well. Need to hear it in the movies. I can't get View Askew Ben Afflek out of my head.

Boogiepop

Maaaaan. Internet has been garbage slow for me for some reason all morning. :(

Guess I'll have to figure this out soon. Ruined my ability to Splatoon much this morning.

And you guys wanted me to play Infinity Crisis.

How do you read Swamp Thing? I read him with Sean Connerys voice for some reason.

Slow, very deep, and with a bit of a southern drawl.

Speaking of Swamp Thing, I was just helping my mom out at the school library she works at, and I stumbled across this:

t5z14Wt.jpg

Of the comics up on the DC Comixology Sale; these would be my recommendations on what is worthwhile: Everything means that I think the entire run is worth it.

Batman EVERYTHING
Harley Quinn EVERYTHING
Justice League EVERYTHING
Action Comics #25-29
Aquaman EVERYTHING
Batgirl EVERYTHING
Catwoman #35-38
Batman/Superman #1-4 / 8-18
Flash EVERYTHING
Green Arrow #17-34
Superman #32-37
Superman/Wonder Woman EVERYTHING
Teen Titans #1-6 (New Version)
Wonder Woman EVERYTHING
Gotham by Midnight #1-3

I'd recommend Green Lantern and Sinestro but they are so dependent on the other Lantern titles, so depending on whether or not they go on sale too, I'd list them as "Everything" or pass.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Sales give me the perfect excuse. Picked up all of Aquaman, the Lemire Green Arrow and Superman 32-39.

Looking forward to a small break from my regularly scheduled Marvel programming.

Sales give me the perfect excuse. Picked up all of Aquaman, the Lemire Green Arrow and Superman 32-39.

Looking forward to a small break from my regularly scheduled Marvel programming.

If you want more Superman I do highly recommend the Action Comics #26-29 arc and Batman/Superman #10. The first is a standalone arc that is just delightful and the second is a extremely fun single issue.

Top Bottom