• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

CBTech

I was not intending to spend this much on comics this month... The only thing that would make this worse is if we got a sale on the Mega Man comics. I hope I didn't miss a sale on Mega Man comics at some point recently.

Hmm, a DC digital sale. I'll probably check out some of the runs I don't have already and then decide if I want to go the trade route for them.

Speaking of trades, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the Lumberjanes TPB. Everything about it feels super solid, especially the pages.

Messi

Superman got a lot better once Johns/Romita Jr. took over. Wonder Woman continues to be shite.

I loved Wonder Woman up until the creative team left. But I am asking about the team up book.

Hmm, a DC digital sale. I'll probably check out some of the runs I don't have already and then decide if I want to go the trade route for them.

Speaking of trades, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the Lumberjanes TPB. Everything about it feels super solid, especially the pages.

I thought I was skipping pages they were that thick.

Also

FRIENDSHIP TO THE MAX

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Woo! Got another friend of mine to tag along with me to the concert! It's still not quite as amazing as it would've been to go with the girl I like, but it's a very good consolation.
Coincidentally (or not really actually) she's also the person I went to Long Beach Comic Con with. It will be much less awkward telling her I'm meeting up with someone from a Comics thread on a gaming forum than it would've been to tell that to the girl I like, so that's nice too. Haha

Crisis averted.

How is Ann Nocentis run on Catwoman? Thinking about getting it in the DC sale.

74d.jpg

Splatt

I've been rereading Hickman's "Children of Tomorrow" Ultimates arc and it's just as amazing as I remember it.

Well, until Humpries's name appears on the cover. What a nosedive in quality....

Owzers

I like Splatoon but i feel like i'm going to get tired of it really fast. I'm also giving up on motion controls, my brain doesn't work like that. Also you rollers rolled me.

Mudcrab

I've been rereading Hickman's "Children of Tomorrow" Ultimates arc and it's just as amazing as I remember it.

Well, until Humpries's name appears on the cover. What a nosedive in quality....

Everyone blames Humphries but it was really the New 52 that doomed that run and probably the Ultimate line as a whole.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, Paul Jenkins Spectacular Spider-Man Run was fucking amazing. Even Ramos art was awesome back then.

Need to buy all of his PP: SM stuff, too.

PsychBat!

Banned
I like Splatoon but i feel like i'm going to get tired of it really fast. I'm also giving up on motion controls, my brain doesn't work like that. Also you rollers rolled me.

I gave up on motion controls the instant the tutorial was over. I just went to options and turned motion controls off.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I gave up on motion controls the instant the tutorial was over. I just went to options and turned motion controls off.

They're pretty rough. I was hoping it would be like a few of the shooters that I played on Vita. Where most of the aiming is on the sticks and the gyro is just for fine adjustments, but it's the opposite of that and it isn't very good.

Ranked battles are stressing me out. I can't seem to win twice in a row. I just want to get out of the C-Range.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Whats Paul Jenkins up to theye days? Man, this stuff is fucking amazing. And the Doc Ock Arc is actually very brave and political.

Man, Paul Jenkins Spectacular Spider-Man Run was fucking amazing. Even Ramos art was awesome back then.

Need to buy all of his PP: SM stuff, too.

Jenkins' PP:SM/early Spectacular was one of my favorite runs on the character. No grandiose plot lines or soap opera romances, just heartwarming storytelling.

I think he's currently writing Spawn for Image?

Boogiepop

So IST just updated, and geeze that's an expensive Secret Wars set... thing.

Also, new TMNT Ongoing trade, so this is actually a week with something I want! Probably not going to place an order this week, but it's something to add to the list at least.

Splatt

Everyone blames Humphries but it was really the New 52 that doomed that run and probably the Ultimate line as a whole.

Sure, New 52 and awful sales for the whole Ultimate line is what forced Hickman off the Ultimates, but Humphries is such a bland writer and nowhere near competent to continue Hickman's work.

Like, none of his Ultimate stuff is outright bad, it's just... average and utterly forgettable.

Mudcrab

At first, I though that thread was going to be about foot fetishes.

Then it wasn't.

I'm kind of disappointed.

Sorry, had to make sure everyone knew I wasn't talking about Superior Football.

Sure, New 52 and awful sales for the whole Ultimate line is what forced Hickman off the Ultimates, but Humphries is such a bland writer and nowhere near competent to continue Hickman's work.

Like, none of his Ultimate stuff is outright bad, it's just... average and utterly forgettable.

No arguments there.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That's actually a call back to an older storyline. Scott Snyder didn't make it up.

Looked it up and it seems like an obscure reference though, could be wrong. Either way, read some more
and it's not even certain it was him apparently, guy might've been insane

Anyway, I just realized that the other Bat-books at the time also got their Owl-issues, because just reading the Batman volume, it doesn't feel like a big attack on the city. That and the open ending kinda leaves it all hanging. Maybe I should've also read the Night of the Owls trade that has all the tie-ins.

Messi

Looked it up and it seems like an obscure reference though, could be wrong. Either way, read some more
and it's not even certain it was him apparently, guy might've been insane

Anyway, I just realized that the other Bat-books at the time also got their Owl-issues, because just reading the Batman volume, it doesn't feel like a big attack on the city. That and the open ending kinda leaves it all hanging. Maybe I should've also read the Night of the Owls trade that has all the tie-ins.

So many tie ins.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You even notice how insanely good Hickman is in the way he uses symbolisem in Panels.

Edit: oh my god, there was a real life Hellfire Club o_O

Top Bottom