• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Zombine

Banned
Fine choice. GOAT manga tbh.

And I've never read Usagi Yojimbo but Stan Sakai seemed like such a nice guy at Comic-Con when my friends and I stopped by his booth. Lots of respect for him and it was heartbreaking to hear about his wife.

He's had a hard life, but even through all of the adversity he's faced he's a humble and kind man who does was he enjoys and he does so without being super exploitative while still writing a character that kids and adults both love. I think everyone should read his stuff.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Not a comic related spoiler. About me.

OK, I will tell you whats on.
My best friend told me that she wont have time for me in the next months and since she is basicly the only person I have a lot of contact with who is not related to me I feel like I am dying.

Requested a timed ban until july 1st to not annoy you.

See you.

Ay, take it easy, PROFF. If you ever wanna talk, we're here, homie. Just not about comics.

YO Comics-gaf, do you want to sent PROFF a big ass care package filled with Southern Bastards issues and bbq sauce and maybe some ribs?

Cheska

I've got a ComicGaf google chat room going, if you want to be added to let it let me know your gmail. So far its Tim, GH, Spider Jourselum(spelling), My Name is Ed, and myself. There is some one else ohh shit I forget who, sorry.

I'm pretty sure we're already in our friend circles on Google +. But I'll shoot you a PM with my email :D

My best friend told me that she wont have time for me in the next months and since she is basicly the only person I have a lot of contact with who is not related to me I feel like I am dying.

Requested a timed ban until july 1st to not annoy you.

See you.

Dude, you don't have to do that. If anything, this community will be good for you. We're your friends too, and I personally am always down to talk :)

Edit: Looks like My Name is Ed already posted the link. Pls ignore.

Someone wrote a blog post asking if Wicked+Divine was in trouble due to declining sales.

http://capelesscrusader.org/market-maven-is-the-wicked-the-divine-in-trouble/

Gillen wrote a rebuttal post.

http://kierongillen.tumblr.com/post/121756273497/market-maven-is-the-wicked-the-divine-in

Kieron Gillen said:
To save you clicking through, the answer is “No.”

The slightly longer answer is “While I generally object to jumping on a singular writer when talking about a larger issue which I see all over industry commentary columns, if you think that you can look at WicDiv’s sales and think they’re in any way in trouble, you have no business writing an industry commentary column. You simply don’t know enough to be doing this, and in doing so, you are hurting people’s perspective of the industry.”

Kieron Gillen said:
Anything selling stably over 10k in single issues is a cause for celebration and joy. The creators are almost certainly extremely happy.

If you’re selling over (ooh) 12k, you’re probably making more than either of the big two would pay you, unless you’re one of the very biggest names.

If you’re selling anything near 20k, you probably have to buy drinks for your friends.

Kieron Gillen said:
On a personal level, we’ve sold over 50,000 copies of the first WicDiv Trade. Last I looked at Amazon’s stats we were selling about 1000 a month via book shops alone (i.e. not including comic shops, which is usually more.) The orders for 12 were 22k. The initial orders of the second trade are up 33% on the first trade. Realistically, we were hoping to stabilise at around 13k, and we’d have been enormously happy with that, even if we weren’t selling trades. Which we are. WicDiv is a ludicrous success, by far the biggest thing in our entire career. And thanks to everyone’s support in achieving that.

Hopefully some big dev writes such a blog post aimed at Polygon's "industry commentary".

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Thors, Old Man Logan and Squadron Sinister were all terrific - SW remains an insanely high quality event.

Ms. Marvel was perfect, as usual.

PROFF plz, self banning doesn't solve anything

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone read the new Martian Manhunter?

How'd they find it?

Thought it was a bit dull if I'm honest

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's Prowl.

He's a sociopathic, manipulating asshole who's become just as bad as the worst Decepticons he signed on to fight, and he just shit on Optimus' power of friendship offer while claiming that they should let Cybertron and all of it's people die. He's had a good punch in the face coming for a while now.

IDW Transformers have gotten so damn good lately.

That sounds kind of awesome

Anyone read the new Martian Manhunter?

How'd they find it?

Thought it was a bit dull if I'm honest

I liked it. Kind of a horror vibe to it, which admittedly I found offputting, but it's an interesting setup and I dug the art. Curious how that thief is going to play into it.

Messi

This variant, so good.

robin_son-of-batman-1_variant.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Love love love my iPad Air. My only suggestion is to get more space than you think you would want.

this is very true

if you're primary use for a tablet is comics, you're much better off buying an Air 1 with more space over an Air 2

Messi

YES! Listen to this. I only got a 16gb, and I regret it immensely.

It's so perfectly fitting.

Are you getting sick of Harley? ;)

I also have the 16gb and I regret it every day. GET MORE SPACE.

I will never get sick of Harley. But if Chad Hardin drew her forever I think I might get sick of it.

MG310

I also have the 16gb and I regret it every day. GET MORE SPACE.

I will never get sick of Harley. But if Chad Hardin drew her forever I think I might get sick of it.

Do you visit that Patreon page on a regular basis to renew your hatred?

• So I jumped back into Lazarus with today's issue. I love this book. I don't know why I stopped reading it for a bit.
  • Black Canary #1 was a good opener. Art was perfect for the tone of the book. Some Birds of Prey cameos in future issues couldn't hurt.
  • I also really enjoyed Prez #1. This book is going places!
    Mainly to cancellation in six months.
    I kid, I kid. I really did like this book. Very light-hearted take (and probably somewhat prophetic) on the political system of a near-future America.

Vyer

For mostly just comic reading and web browsing, what would be the difference between and IPad Air and Air 2?

Air 2 has better processor and touchid, and more RAM. Safari browser is pretty aggressive when tabbed browsing, so having more RAM helps with not having pages refresh on you when in other tabs.

In addition, the Air 2 will get the new multitasking features with the update in the Fall. Split screen apps and picture in picture/floating windows. (For example having a small YouTube window open in the corner while browsing).

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
  • So I jumped back into Lazarus with today's issue. I love this book. I don't know why I stopped reading it for a bit.
  • Black Canary #1 was a good opener. Art was perfect for the tone of the book. Some Birds of Prey cameos in future issues couldn't hurt.
  • I also really enjoyed Prez #1. This book is going places!
    Mainly to cancellation in six months.
    I kid, I kid. I really did like this book. Very light-hearted take (and probably somewhat prophetic) on the political system of a near-future America.

I'm hopeful that because Prez is only slated to go 12 issues anyway they'll let it finish. But that doesn't always work out the way that I want.

And I'm pretty sure the only difference between an Air will do you just fine. I have the first retina one and it works pretty perfect, but won't get the fancy iOS9 updates.

Man, that sucks gameproff :( I hope you feel better soon man. Hang in there and get help if you need it. And don't be afraid to reach out to us with stuff like this. No need to be ambiguous.

Zombine

Banned
I think we should do an official "Plz...get moar space" PSA, because so far 3 of us have the 16gb iPad, and 3 of us are basically hitting ourselves for cheaping out.

To be fair though, I don't even think we knew. I didn't think I would dig my iPad or digital even half as much as I do now. I guess what I'll end up doing is trading it in when the next iPad comes out, and have that be my definitive one for a while.

Messi

Do you visit that Patreon page on a regular basis to renew your hatred?

I was just on it today.

It's not hate honestly. I wouldn't have bought a page if I didn't think his art was great. I just think it was a hilariously miscalculated move by him. Tie that with him stopping doing con commissions the month before and then trying to sell them via this as a monthly service. I love his art but damn...lol

harley-quinn-justice-league-790x431.png

Best Harley.

Freeza get my list again. This time the Enemies.txt list.

HOLY SHIT

Harley Quinn and Power Girl:
Holee Artiller-olee!

I don't know if this is a positive or negative impression. I love Roux art whenever he is on harley. Please don't tell me the art is crap. Please let the book be good.

I don't know if this is a positive or negative impression. I love Roux art whenever he is on harley. Please don't tell me the art is crap. Please let the book be good.
You know I'm bout that Peej life my man. It was really fun. You'll like it a lot too.

Harley + PG? I like the art. It's a bit different from the usual, but it has a good look. It's cartoony, but also a bit more painterly than usual.

Village

Bruce Timm Harley is best Harley.
Much Like the robins, I find harley way more interesting when she is coming onto her own. Bruce Timm harley to me is not that, so i can't say I agree. Also much like the robins, they also end up WAY more interesting characters than the one they spawned from. Except for Tim arguably, he' s kinda vanilla.

Lol there were. Harley and Peej play off of each other so well. I really liked the bit where
Power Girl started talking about the multiverse.
Felt very appropriate given the Big Two's recent events.

They really do have great chemistry as a duo, PeeGee acting as the moral center and Harley being... Harley. Plus she looks totes adorbz in that costume. The art really worked well for this book, too.

I think we should do an official "Plz...get moar space" PSA, because so far 3 of us have the 16gb iPad, and 3 of us are basically hitting ourselves for cheaping out.

To be fair though, I don't even think we knew. I didn't think I would dig my iPad or digital even half as much as I do now. I guess what I'll end up doing is trading it in when the next iPad comes out, and have that be my definitive one for a while.

I went 64gb Air 2. Why 64? Comics. With my ipad 3 32gb that baby was filling up fast near the end

Top Bottom