• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Wait, Secret Six got a 9.8? Really?

Might have to pick that up.

The review:

Written by Gail Simone | Drawn by Dale Eaglesham

Click. What’s that sound? Oh, that’s Secret Six officially clicking into place. Gail Simone perfectly captures the pure essence of everything that made her original series phenomenally great. Relatable villains? Check. Heartfelt moments? Check. Ensuing hilarity? Check again. A mind-blowing, cliffhanging, double-reveal that will leave fans reeling? You better believe that’s a check. This is the start of everything that fans have been waiting for since the original series ended. Plus, Dale Eaglesham handles the pencils, and he absolutely masters everything Simone throws at him. From the grotesque to emotionally charged moments, and everything in between, let’s all collectively hope that Eaglesham is here to stay. -Mike

So I'm all caught up on Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and just need to get the last issue of Afterlife with Archie. Archie Horror is bringing it hard. Now that I'm nearly up to speed I can't comprehend how hard it must have been for people who were fans from the beginning to need to wait so long. Hopefully there won't be too huge gaps between issues going forward.

On a subject I broached earlier in this thread I did indeed find a really fun podcast that has been around forever and covers lots of Horror stuff as well as the usual Superhero stuff. I'm referring to the iFanboy podcast. I'm sure lots of you have heard of it already but it's really great. The dudes have good chemistry and quick wits and are a joy to listen to. I'm just going through their back episodes and listening to shows that feature comics I'm reading now or other Horror-related ones I'm not familiar with that sound interesting.

Yep, the Archie Horror stuff has received almost universal praise. Unfortunate about the pacing but in the end it'll be about the quality in collected format. And yeah, if you are looking for something that touches on stuff outside of the mainstream, like monsters and horror books, ifanboy is pretty good about that.

rxpUf6C.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished vol 2 of Lazarus, continues to be great. Can't wait for the third trade to arrive. This is one of those series that just begs to be adapted to tv. I'm loving this Image binge I'm on, pretty much loved every series I started. Saga, Southern Bastards, Low, Shutter, Lazarus, Trees, ... All fantastic. Think I loved Trees the most actually. Still got Zero and Manhattan Projects to go, but I'll probably start the Animal Man omni first.

Where did you order from, and what's the hold-up?

IST and the hold-up would be, I assume, that they accepted more purchases than units they were able to secure in the end. Held up the order it was in for like a week or so and then they just shipped it without it with a "Hey, we'll ship this when we can", but I'm pretty sure that when isn't coming. :p

she just likes having options

LJ52pEv.gif

IST and the hold-up would be, I assume, that they accepted more purchases than units they were able to secure in the end. Held up the order it was in for like a week or so and then they just shipped it without it with a "Hey, we'll ship this when we can", but I'm pretty sure that when isn't coming. :p

Ah. Yeah, I was really surprised that it went OOS before I got around to putting an order in. Must have been a tiny print-run, because they usually don't sell out of books that quickly.

If you really need it, I bought mine from Midtown comics. TFAW also has it in-stock. The only downside is you'll have to pay close to retail. $42 Midtown / $44 TFAW.

Hold fast, I think they're reprinting it, which is why your order is in limbo.

In the past, for stuff they'll never get back in stock, they ask me if I want to sub another item or just have the money refunded. That they've held it open bodes well.

Hold fast, I think they're reprinting it, which is why your order is in limbo.

Well, this is why I'm afraid I won't get a copy. XD I don't want to order from somewhere else and then have the IST order get filled but if the IST order never gets filled then the price will seemingly skyrocket. I mean, a second printing seems likely since it sold so quickly, but I also had the feeling it was intended as a limited run to start with so...*shrugs*

I mean, it's not like I don't have plenty of other collected editions that would function well as deadly weapons.

Finished vol 2 of Lazarus, continues to be great. Can't wait for the third trade to arrive. This is one of those series that just begs to be adapted to tv. I'm loving this Image binge I'm on, pretty much loved every series I started. Saga, Southern Bastards, Low, Shutter, Lazarus, Trees, ... All fantastic. Think I loved Trees the most actually. Still got Zero and Manhattan Projects to go, but I'll probably start the Animal Man omni first.

Just finished the 4 saga trades, first of Lazarus and Low. All 3 are really out there in different ways but all 3 some of my fave books so far in all of comics. Seeing that saga hardcover Everytime at the LCS is making me thing crazy things. Deff waiting for southern bastards hardcover that was just solicited.

Eklesp

I really want to get some physical comics, getting a little tired of digital and I don't have a shop anywhere near me. Do many of you read just trades? I would think it would be difficult waiting for arcs to end to get them.

I really want to get some physical comics, getting a little tired of digital and I don't have a shop anywhere near me. Do many of you read just trades? I would think it would be difficult waiting for arcs to end to get them.

Yeah, I'm way too impatient for trade-waiting in most cases. But there are some books I like - just not enough to pay $3.99 per issue. Like Revival.

Well, this is why I'm afraid I won't get a copy. XD I don't want to order from somewhere else and then have the IST order get filled but if the IST order never gets filled then the price will seemingly skyrocket. I mean, a second printing seems likely since it sold so quickly, but I also had the feeling it was intended as a limited run to start with so...*shrugs*

I mean, it's not like I don't have plenty of other collected editions that would function well as deadly weapons.

Barnes and Noble (and by extension, Amazon) is going to get them in stock July 7. I wouldn't say this is a dire situation just yet.

I read trades almost exclusively. It's not a huge deal, since I don't care so much about Big 2 going-ons and there's always something to read.

I've come to prefer trades for most of my Image books. They just read better that way. There are exceptions I can't wait for, of course: Walking Dead, Lazarus, East of West and maybe a couple more, but I don't mind re-reading those when new issues hit.

Top Bottom