• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Barnes and Noble (and by extension, Amazon) is going to get them in stock July 7. I wouldn't say this is a dire situation just yet.

I'm making myself sound about 100x more worked up about it than I really am. Mostly I'm just amazed how quickly the thing sold out. They must have printed like 10 copies.

I'm making myself sound about 100x more worked up about it than I really am. Mostly I'm just amazed how quickly the thing sold out. They must have printed like 10 copies.

In their defense, I wouldn't exactly have expected high sales, either. I mean, I only really bought it because Sejic da God.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I really want to get some physical comics, getting a little tired of digital and I don't have a shop anywhere near me. Do many of you read just trades? I would think it would be difficult waiting for arcs to end to get them.

I'm mostly a trade waiter. Wicked + Divine is pretty much the only series I buy in single (digital) issues

I really want to get some physical comics, getting a little tired of digital and I don't have a shop anywhere near me. Do many of you read just trades? I would think it would be difficult waiting for arcs to end to get them.
Some people here only read trades (like Kipp). I tradewait for some books myself. Some stories just work better in collections.
And now we all picture what kind of haircut frye is getting.

"what'll it be?"
"just fuck me up"

Got my tablet, I finally get to read this. I'm a full digital convert except Scott Snyders Batman run.

e5AThrV.jpg

The bad news is, I'm afraid to break the news to my LCS. It's gonna hurt.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Some people here only read trades (like Kipp). I tradewait for some books myself. Some stories just work better in collections.

"what'll it be?"
"just fuck me up"

Just laughed loudly at work. Don't get me fucking fired, Tyrant.

Zombine

Banned
Got my tablet, I finally get to read this. I'm a full digital convert except Scott Snyders Batman run.

e5AThrV.jpg

"It's not you, it's me."

Then you go and sex up any comics you want. When you need that familiarity just pop back in for a book or two once and a while and make them feel like you're back in their life again so they always keep a light on for you.

e5AThrV.jpg

cut the umbilical cord and welcome to the real world

And Suicide Squad at that, you really did it :mjcry:

Messi

He's already bought it. You don't have to sell him on it all over again.

Please don't put me on any list. I have never read anything with Quinn in it

Is this what people feel like when they find out I have never watched Star Wars? I just don't understand.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
amazing. What's up with all the discolored patches? Are those pieces of paper taped over the original pages?

They's things that got taped on to the original to correct it. The book's all scanned in though, so it's just a replication. It's cool, you cal see where the letterer had to use white out.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

e5AThrV.jpg

Is the only way to fly. I never would have started reading without the convenience of digital. Enjoy!

darklin0

Banned
Deadpool SSW was great, it had me laughing in various parts.

Thors was my favorite this week. Probably my favorite tie in at the moment.

Old Man Logan feels so short but the art is great.

I picked up no DC this week. :p
I did pick up HQ&PG, I have not read it yet though.

They's things that got taped on to the original to correct it. The book's all scanned in though, so it's just a replication. It's cool, you cal see where the letterer had to use white out.

interesting.

Kirby used to say he never erased a line in his career and that he never lied in his life.

Never believed on either of those things.

Did he ink his own work on Kamandi?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OK time for a Batman Binge before AK drops

i feel like there's some post Morrison, pre Snyder stuff i missed - any suggestions?

also is any of the Snyder stuff after Black Mirror good? i really disliked Court of Owls

e5AThrV.jpg

welcome to the best comics reading

Messi

Daaaaaammmnnnnnn! Tim giving cutthroat advice. I was just gonna lie and say like my kitchen caught fire and I can't afford comics anymore.

Tim is right. Why lie to them. Just go in and cancel the list. If you lie its gonna look odd when you go in to buy statues or trades. If they are shitty to you about cancelling the list then fuck em you don't need them.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
interesting.

Kirby used to say he never erased a line in his career and that he never lied in his life.

Never believed on either of those things.

Did he ink his own work on Kamandi?

White out isn't erasing, technically. It almost counts.

The inker and letterer was Mike Royer. At least at the start.

Tim is right. Why lie to them. Just go in and cancel the list. If you lie its gonna look odd when you go in to buy statues or trades. If they are shitty to you about cancelling the list then fuck em you don't need them.

Best not to lie to them. The sooner they know the truth, the sooner they can accept the digital future (and unemployment).

I know guys, I was just playing. I'm just gonna say the main true reason, I hate organizing and boxing up comics and I hate the space they take up.

Top Bottom