• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I already read Invincible (love it)

Didn't enjoy what I read of East is West and Southern Bastards. Will try the rest.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Besides Saga, Chew & The Walking Dead what are the best Image titles at the moment?

Deadly Class, my dude. Get Deadly Class.
five_and_three_deadly_class_10_1.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah still have the first 4 issues to read, might get started on them after I get caught up on Chew. (2 more issues)

I'd pretty easily say its Remender's best book, and, in general, just a hell of a snowballing, brutal, amazing shitshow. Oh, and Wes Craig on art is fucking dominant.

Zombine

Banned
Basically, the first issue really sets the mood for what I would assume is going to be quite the emotional rollercoaster. I really feel like they didn't use enough "Must...not...fap" glowing hands panels in this issue though, so it's a rock solid 8/10. For $2.99 you can't really go wrong with this Doomed.

Messi

I didn't actively dislike it but it didn't draw me in either. Perhaps it'll grow on me.

5:32 PM - Brrrrraaaaiiins: Doomed #1 was great
5:32 PM - Brrrrraaaaiiins: Buy it
5:32 PM - GrandHarrier: You didn't read it.
5:32 PM - GrandHarrier: I'm not falling for your shit.
5:32 PM - Brrrrraaaaiiins: I didn't read it but you know that your preferred answer is to hear that it's good

This is Zombeen in a nutshell

It's a story about true love.

Perfect. God I love Ally and how hilariously derpy she is.

Messi

I hated the first issue of Deadly Class when it came out. I didn't understand what you guys seen in it. I am so glad I stuck with it. The book is really special and hasnt gone in the direction I thought it would at all.

Oh, yo, Lashley, also check out Sex Criminals and Bitch Planet.

I really think Bitch Planet gets overlooked, but it's been pretty damn perfect since the first issue, and the backmatter regarding feminism and other topics is really refreshing/candid/excellent.

Yes, this. How did we initially forget so many good books?

Bitch Planet also comes with a rad essay in each issue before the letters.

Filthy Slug

who the fuck thinks like this

he deserved what came next

I want to frame that top row in a museum somewhere

Yo, I say this sincerely, Wes and Rick pulled off one of the best comic fart jokes ever, and that makes them fucking geniuses in my book.

Zombine

Banned
i still go to my shop for statues because when they order stuff for me they make up their own price. I got my Rick Grimes statue for $50 less than MSRP.

I don't feel like people give it enough love but Velvet is absolutely fantastic.

Thats Oni Press and its also quite pricey for 12 issues. Even on IST it is 42$
He was referring to Image as a benchmark, a seal of quality. Much like saying down South "I'll have a Coke." It's a brand awareness that prevails throughout the social lexicon.

Filthy Slug

Shame Deltron died after only one album. The future is no longer safe without him.

Filthy Slug

Yeah I'm so glad that a really garbage second album never came out. I really want Del to play Russel again :/

Maaan, what is Jamie Hewlitt even doing these days? He puts out less work than Paul Pope, which is impressive.

Zombine

Banned
Maaan, what is Jamie Hewlitt even doing these days? He puts out less work than Paul Pope, which is impressive.

Not Tank Girl that's for sure. He's actually been ramping up production on the assets for the next Gorillaz album as far as I'm aware.

Seriously though...Del for Russ please. Give him some incentive to come back If You Must.

Top Bottom