• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

PsychBat!

Banned
god damn it kingdom hearts is so fucking confusing

just watched all the cutscenes of re:coded and it's all about memories to data and data to memories and memories inside of feelings and shit AND I'M GONNA DIE

Wool

Alright comic-gaf, I've been out of the loop on comics for a few months now. The last thing I added to my pull list was Rumble (which is great), but I need some new books. I'm currently subscribed to:

East of West
Black Beetle (which may never actually have another issue? It's been 1+ year)
Black Science
Prophet (which is almost over and takes forever to come out)
Punisher
Rumble
Saga
Sandman Overture (which takes forever to come out)
Shutter
Southern Bastards
Uncanny X-Men

I was getting X-Force, Multiversity, and X-Men, but the first two are over and I canceled X-Men because it was terrible.

Anyway, what is the new hotness? Do you guys love or hate Saga nowadays? Is Nameless good? Are there any series that started recently or are going to start soon that I should hop on before they get too far along?

Nudull

Banned
god damn it kingdom hearts is so fucking confusing

just watched all the cutscenes of re:coded and it's all about memories to data and data to memories and memories inside of feelings and shit AND I'M GONNA DIE

Really makes you want the plot to be more simpler, "clean" in a sense.

Got my tablet, I finally get to read this. I'm a full digital convert except Scott Snyders Batman run.

e5AThrV.jpg

The bad news is, I'm afraid to break the news to my LCS. It's gonna hurt.

Come back Korupt... :(
Does look nice tho..

laughed loudly at work thinking about Mark Millar having another damn movie adaptation before the first issue of Chrononauts comes out. How does he do it.

I imagine the pitch meetings are like this
LOL

Wow, you guys weren't kidding. Martian Manhunter really was pretty damn cool.

Yeah I'm glad I decided to Email my LCS to pull in for me yesterday. I have pulled a ton of books because of you's guys.

So which one of you guys read Doomed #1. I know one of you did.

I ordered #1 (DCBS).

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Comixology must have heard us talking about Chew because it's on sale now. I went ahead and bought the bundle for $44. Also got Edge Spiderverse #2 (Gwen). Eventually I'm going to have stop spending so much money. Eventually.......

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Alright comic-gaf, I've been out of the loop on comics for a few months now. The last thing I added to my pull list was Rumble (which is great), but I need some new books. I'm currently subscribed to:

East of West
Black Beetle (which may never actually have another issue? It's been 1+ year)
Black Science
Prophet (which is almost over and takes forever to come out)
Punisher
Rumble
Saga
Sandman Overture (which takes forever to come out)
Shutter
Southern Bastards
Uncanny X-Men

I was getting X-Force, Multiversity, and X-Men, but the first two are over and I canceled X-Men because it was terrible.

Anyway, what is the new hotness? Do you guys love or hate Saga nowadays? Is Nameless good? Are there any series that started recently or are going to start soon that I should hop on before they get too far along?

from what i understand, Prophet is over

Prophet: Earthwar is going to be a trade paperback that comes out in Fall and wraps the story up

ElNarez

Banned
What is up with dc thesedays?
All crises undone?

Everything now unrelated?
Are we back in the silver age?

Yeah, basically Parallax from Zero Hour was sent back to Crisis on Infinite Earths and undid it.

Now everything happened is the long and short of it. The only rules are what's convenient at the time.

You could make an argument based on The Multiversity that anything that's not in mainline DC continuity RIGHT NOW is just in another Multiverse.

Boogiepop

So for Father's day CMX is doing a FF sale? I feel like I've heard of a number of occurences that make Reed a... less than model father...

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The last movie I saw in theaters was The Tourist with Johnny Depp.

And before that the last movie I saw was James Cameron's Avatar in 3D.

Movies are too expensive.

dan2026

Hot damn I am really enjoying Marvels Secret Wars event. Dont fumble it Marvel, you are on to a winner.

Has anybody read any if the tie-ins?
Any recommendations?

Boogiepop

Oh, before I forget! Now halfway through the last Bendis DD complete collection. He's actually digging pretty deep, it seems. I had actually forgotten that that Angel existed! And I hadn't heard of The Defender, though I'm guessing he existed prior as well (hard to look up since you just get the Defenders, like the team). For that matter, in the story with the group telling stories, who actually was that woman's husband? Couldn't peg that one if he was supposed to be an existing character...

Ugh both those movies suck. Would probably stop watching movies if that was experience too. Avatar is pretty I guess.

Too expensive? Madness. I usually pay about £9 a ticket. Pretty good for 2 hours + of entertainment especially when it costs me £25+ to watch Liverpool.

Since I see you're reading Black Science, have you read Deadly Class or Low? They're really great. Deadly Class is definitely my favorite Image ongoing.

I'm behind on Nameless but I've enjoyed what I've read of it.

Sex Criminals is great too.
Hot damn I am really enjoying Marvels Secret Wars event. Dont fumble it Marvel, you are on to a winner.

Any recommendations?
Infinity Gauntlet #1 was good.

Any recommendations?

I don't want to say all of them but
all of them

The Pixar tier ones tho are
Thors
Old Man Logan
Carol Corps
Infinity Gauntlet
Master of Kung Fu

Haven't read Marvel Zombies, Runaways, or Mrs. Deadpool yet, tho, and they might be up there.

I don't want to say all of them but
all of them

The Pixar tier ones tho are
Thors
Old Man Logan
Carol Corps
Infinity Gauntlet
Master of Kung Fu

Haven't read Marvel Zombies, Runaways, or Mrs. Deadpool yet, tho, and they might be up there.

Marvel Zombies is up there.
I'd add Weirdworld, MODOK Assassin and Little AvX to this list, too. Zombies and Thors are the two books that feel like they might end up being important to the event.

You could really just buy whatever looks good to you. There have been very few books I wouldn't recommend to fans of the featured characters.

Top Bottom