• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
aren't the Gorillaz releasing a new album

and that new Tank Girl comic from Kickstarter

21st_Century_Tank_Girl_1_cover_A.jpg

I just looked at my floppy pile and noticed I had that Tank Girl! Holy shit, glad I randomly scooped it up.

But more Hewlitt is always good, and yeah, they've definitely been doing new Gorillaz stuff for a little while now, I think.

Uuuugggggh. I just don't think I have the courage to ask out Cihck Fil A girl. My drive thru skills just aren't that good. The fear is just overwhelming. It's the same fear that holds me back from being a comic superstar. I just don't have the poise or belief in myself to say "mr. Lobdell, Mr. Justin Jordan, mr. Robert Venditti, your reigns of terruh end now!" I'll just always be the scared little boy dedicated to everyday low prices....

Zombine

Banned
God damn I'm going back and reading Tank Girl Classic. Hewlett is the GOAT.

Anyone ever watch the movie? It's basically what would happen if Brazil and Repo Man had a baby.

God damn I'm going back and reading Tank Girl Classic. Hewlett is the GOAT.

Never read it. Really want to. But there are so many Tank Girl books and it's all so confusing and I don't know which to read in which order or if any are collected editions or what to buy or anything.

Help Freeza read Tank Girl.

Zombine

Banned
Never read it. Really want to. But there are so many Tank Girl books and it's all so confusing and I don't know which to read in which order or if any are collected editions or what to buy or anything.

Help Freeza read Tank Girl.

Start with Classic, end with everything else. My second favorite non-Hewlett Tank Girl book is Bad Wind Rising.

Start with Classic, end with everything else. My second favorite non-Hewlett Tank Girl book is Bad Wind Rising.

Is there a page that has the chronological release order of these things? And is the original Tank Girl story available all in one book or do I have to buy the separate volumes?

Sorry brahs, I will not talk about CFA girl in this thread anymore. I don't want to feel like that Jabba The Hut esque going to the strip club every night so he has someone to talk to.

When Wytches and Descneder TPB coming out?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone read Mystic? Was in my comicblock. Didn't appeal to me, ended with some dude knocking his tooth out to summon some monster to fuck a mountain because the mountain and the sky were arguing in their relationship so there was no rain.

Yeah.

Uuuugggggh. I just don't think I have the courage to ask out Cihck Fil A girl. My drive thru skills just aren't that good. The fear is just overwhelming. It's the same fear that holds me back from being a comic superstar. I just don't have the poise or belief in myself to say "mr. Lobdell, Mr. Justin Jordan, mr. Robert Venditti, your reigns of terruh end now!" I'll just always be the scared little boy dedicated to everyday low prices....

Justin Jordan is an NXT Wrestling Superstar tho, so it makes sense that you wouldn't wanna talk shit (e: woops i'm mixing him up Jason Jordan. c'mon you can take on Justin)

But, sometimes, you gotta skip the drive thru and go inside for the things you really want in life

Justin Jordan is an NXT Wrestling Superstar tho, so it makes sense that you wouldn't wanna talk shit

But, sometimes, you gotta skip the drive thru and go inside for the things you really want in life
Touché. Jason Jordan is the brah that wrestles. Justin Jordan brah that said he had to shit out a bunch of bad stories like diarrhea until he got to the good ones. I'm still waiting for them. The Spread is the worst comic I read in 2014.

I may use that drive thru line. Peace.

Just read this week's issue of Low. So good. I was a bit lost at first because
it jumps to a new/old character in a completely different place.
But once I got my bearings (by reading the explanation at the beginning of the letters section) it all made sense. Art was especially pretty this time.

Vibranium

Banned
I'd pretty easily say its Remender's best book, and, in general, just a hell of a snowballing, brutal, amazing shitshow. Oh, and Wes Craig on art is fucking dominant.

Wes Craig's style is so good, it's the perfect type of art that captures that messy and grim tone. Southern Bastards tries but can't do the same thing in my opinion.

zennyzz

I'm saying that the "everything was Gwen" schtick is starting to get tired, IMO of course.

The Gwen variants that were released almost half a year ago are now finally appearing as variants.

It's nothing new. Hell we're just getting off the Howard everything variants. And in a few weeks we'll be in the antman everything variants.

The Gwen variants that were released almost half a year ago are now finally appearing as variants.

It's nothing new. Hell we're just getting off the Howard everything variants. And in a few weeks we'll be in the antman everything variants.

Ah, yeah. I don't really follow Mahvel all that closely, thought that was a new thing.

zennyzz

Of course no one remembers. Variant cycles phase in and out like whatever. Besides the ones people like, no one remembers them. Does anybody even remember the SHIELD variants at the end of last year?

laughed loudly at work thinking about Mark Millar having another damn movie adaptation before the first issue of Chrononauts comes out. How does he do it.

I imagine the pitch meetings are like this
Same thing happened with Starlight (which is a film I very much look forward to).
i wish

i usually (basically) say "fuck me up" but this dude wanted some motherfuckin' specificity and i realized that i actually have no idea how to talk to barbers about barber things
Same. I just shave my head now. Although, that's also in part to my thinning hair, so it no longer gets lengthy. Then again, my hair was boring anyway. Just straight, bland hair and I had no urge to do anything special with it. Don't like getting haircuts either. In fact, the moment I started to shave my head is when I went to the barber, and they cut my hair exactly like my dad's. Like, fuck I already look like the man enough.
Rat Queens
I only read the first trade and the Braga one-shot, but damn did that book scratch an itch that I didn't know I have. Like, it scratched that Buffy the Vampire Slayer itch I always had ever since I finished the show. The comics kind of help, but they don't have the freshness that I needed. Rat Queens hits that so hard. Very good. Waiting for the second trade. Unless it's dropped. Then I need to get that pronto.
He was referring to Image as a benchmark, a seal of quality. Much like saying down South "I'll have a Coke." It's a brand awareness that prevails throughout the social lexicon.
Confuses me every damn time I go down south. Hearing "can I get an orange coke" is an interesting experience. It's also funny that, since I know that, I hear someone from down south asking that at a place somewhere in the midwest and the person taking the order is just in a "WTF?!" state at that point.
Sorry brahs, I will not talk about CFA girl in this thread anymore. I don't want to feel like that Jabba The Hut esque going to the strip club every night so he has someone to talk to.
But I need to live through you. Is she pregnant? Did we find out yet?
Digging it.

Same thing happened with Starlight (which is a film I very much look forward to).

Confuses me every damn time I go down south. Hearing "can I get an orange coke" is an interesting experience. It's also funny that, since I know that, I hear someone from down south asking that at a place somewhere in the midwest and the person taking the order is just in a "WTF?!" state at that point.

But I need to live through you. Is she pregnant? Did we find out yet?

Digging it.
It's all up to Kipp now brah. And no, I don't think she is pregnant, just really conservative when it comes to her uniform choices, an abnormal large shirt that leaves a lot to that imagination or paranoia if you're like me. But I tell ya, when I see that slight look of worry on her and confusion, it's pretty much an aphrodisiac to me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's all up to Kipp now brah. And no, I don't think she is pregnant, just really conservative when it comes to her uniform choices, an abnormal large shirt that leaves a lot to that imagination or paranoia if you're like me. But I tell ya, when I see that slight look of worry on her and confusion, it's pretty much an aphrodisiac to me.

Take the leap rafa

Honestly, what is the worst that can happen?

Savitar

yeeeeeeeees now you too will share my curse

I chuckled quite heartily-but-modestly too myself at the opening page of that first Ultron Forever page in the third and final installment

UNCAVENUF2015001-int2-2-0a6ef.jpg

thats why you take pictures of your hair when you go to a new barber and said, "Uh...like this picture here I guess? IDK nigga shit"

Somebody had to say it, glad it was you besada

Why is there a machine milking Doom.

Does Doom's milk taste godly?

Hmmmmm....
But then you won't have any money to buy DMC4 SE.

WeeklyBoringKingfisher.gif

THINK ABOUT WHATS MORE IMPORTANT MAN!

I need a PS4 so bad now. Arkham Knight, DMC4SE, I have a copy of DmC:DE that I can't play, Bloodborne, and after playing OnePiece Pirate Warriors 2 I need to play 3.

At least 5 games I need access to that I don't have access to. It hurts a lot, too, because DMC4 is one of my favorite games. My introduction to character action as a whole. The beautiful stylishness. So good.

DevilMayCry2.gif

And the music, oh the music.

The Special Edition is literally everything I wanted.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmmmmm....

I need a PS4 so bad now. Arkham Knight, DMC4SE, I have a copy of DmC:DE that I can't play, Bloodborne, and after playing OnePiece Pirate Warriors 2 I need to play 3.

At least 5 games I need access to that I don't have access to.

All of those except bloodborne are on pc

I've never played a DMC. I'm not really into fighting games. The remaster of DMC4 looks pretty good though, at least it actually looks like it's been improved.

Top Bottom