• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hell yeeeeesssss.
Second Friday in a row my boss has decided to stay at home (AKA two full weeks in a row now without her being in the office; no idea why she rents this place with a view of the ocean when it's literally just me in here and I could do the exact same work at home...)
Browsing Neogaf all day confirmed.

Hell yeeeeesssss.
Second Friday in a row my boss has decided to stay at home (AKA two full weeks in a row now without her being in the office; no idea why she rents this place with a view of the ocean when it's literally just me in here and I could do the exact same work at home...)
Browsing Neogaf all day confirmed.

and you say this is a bad job

can't wait to take it

Kipp

and you say this is a bad job

can't wait to take it

It sounds crazy, but I genuinely like having work to do at work. I like feeling like I'm actually being productive. Plus it makes the time go faster.
I can get all my work done at this job in like 2-3 hours, and then all the rest is just passing the time.
My boss is really happy with the work I do and how much work I do though, so... Meh
I've even volunteered to do more work but she tells me "No, you already have too much on my plate." And then I get paranoid that I'm forgetting stuff that I'm supposed to be doing. Haha

arkon

Alright comic-gaf, I've been out of the loop on comics for a few months now. The last thing I added to my pull list was Rumble (which is great), but I need some new books. I'm currently subscribed to:

East of West
Black Beetle (which may never actually have another issue? It's been 1+ year)
Black Science
Prophet (which is almost over and takes forever to come out)
Punisher
Rumble
Saga
Sandman Overture (which takes forever to come out)
Shutter
Southern Bastards
Uncanny X-Men

I was getting X-Force, Multiversity, and X-Men, but the first two are over and I canceled X-Men because it was terrible.

Anyway, what is the new hotness? Do you guys love or hate Saga nowadays? Is Nameless good? Are there any series that started recently or are going to start soon that I should hop on before they get too far along?

If I remember correctly you used to often wax lyrical about Prophet. In that case the new 8house stuff being done by the same sort of crowd will be of interest. That's gonna be a similar sort of thing, weird scifi/fantasy stories but set in their own universe. Should be out soon. I thought it was 24th June but looking at the Image site it's now down for 1st July.

from what i understand, Prophet is over

Prophet: Earthwar is going to be a trade paperback that comes out in Fall and wraps the story up

They're doing it in singe issues and then collecting in a TPB. There was a question recently that Graham answered about this on his tumblr. Prophet hardcovers will follow after that.

Newsarama interviews Yang/Romita about Superman's big 'Truth' changes

Interesting interview. Yang says that "it's a big deal" and "not that easy of a decision" for Lois to out Clark, but Romita says that because of the New52 status quo changes that he wants to feel "a chill" between them, and that as a career-minded reporter Lois would totally out Clark to further her career. Something about that seems a little conflicting to me.

Also, DCYou Clark comes from the streets. I'm paraphrasing of course, but Romita essentially says that Superman is "boring" and "dull" and the way to fix that is to turn him into a Brooklyn scrapper -type character. Sounds very... Marvel.

7OFqOC6.png

Newsarama interviews Yang/Romita about Superman's big 'Truth' changes

Interesting interview. Yang says that "it's a big deal" and "not that easy of a decision" for Lois to out Clark, but Romita says that because of the New52 status quo changes that he wants to feel "a chill" between them, and that as a career-minded reporter Lois would totally out Clark to further her career. Something about that seems a little conflicting to me.

Also, DCYou Clark comes from the streets. I'm paraphrasing of course, but Romita essentially says that Superman is "boring" and "dull" and the way to fix that is to turn him into a Brooklyn scrapper -type character. Sounds very... Marvel.

It's going to come down to show us why it is good and interesting change
for the time being
and so far, of the three issues with this new version of Superman, I'm think they've done just that.

mreddie

Okay I got issues with Ms. Marvel but it's not about the book, it was great. Sets up what's going on Jersey during the incursion. But how did no one in Jersey know about this? Cap America and the Mighty Avengers reveals that word got the incursion was coming, how do they not know about this? Also,
Carol is wearing her black duds? So the last couple of issues took place during the illuminati hunt I presume.

Tizoc

Good comics this week, really enjoyed the Megaman & Worlds Unite Battles issues.

DC's new books were OK, but Southern B. Kaijumax and Furiosa were all great too.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
from what i understand, Prophet is over

Prophet: Earthwar is going to be a trade paperback that comes out in Fall and wraps the story up

Earth War is a 6 issue mini, should get solicited later in the fall. Graham said this a week ago:
The plan is to get the final scripts for the ist 3 issues off to Ed who letters Prophet early next week. The mini series is half drawn and just needs to be lettered –sorry for the wait.

Kipp

So I played a 2-hour gig last night and got paid $1.66/minute.

And got free food and free wine and then a free bottle of wine at the end of the night because there was extra.

I think this is going to be my new standard rate for every job.

And yet I still think going to the movies for $10 is too expensive. What is wrong with me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Okay I got issues with Ms. Marvel but it's not about the book, it was great. Sets up what's going on Jersey during the incursion. But how did no one in Jersey know about this? Cap America and the Mighty Avengers reveals that word got the incursion was coming, how do they not know about this? Also,
Carol is wearing her black duds? So the last couple of issues took place during the illuminati hunt I presume.

i gotta imagine they were busy

i did love the issue - i was worried that it would be jarring to throw kamala into this big event but it fit really well. she's been slowly growing her hero cred and this does feel like her trying to help her tiny piece of the world during this big comicy event. those last few pages sealed the deal, too.

Earth War is a 6 issue mini, should get solicited later in the fall. Graham said this a week ago:

thanks, duly noted. im torn between catching up and reading EW issue by issue but the shit is so weird i'll probably get confused a lot.

tim1138

And got free food and free wine and then a free bottle of wine at the end of the night because there was extra.

And yet I still think going to the movies for $10 is too expensive. What is wrong with me.

Never change Kippster, never change

PsychBat!

Banned

Mr._Krabs'_Love_of_Money.jpg

Prez ended up being kind of stupidly fun and good? The preview really sold it short cause this first issue was bizarrely fascinating.

Guess I'm down with Corndog Girl.

Messi

Prez ended up being kind of stupidly fun and good? The preview really sold it short cause this first issue was bizarrely fascinating.

Guess I'm down with Corndog Girl.

This pleases me greatly.

I am down the country for a wedding and I forgot my ipad. This is going to be a long weekend. Pls gaf remember me as I was.

Kipp

Dizzy and mildly nauseous... It couldn't be because I eat 7 eggs for breakfast, could it?
No...

Zombine

Banned
So yeah, a few weeks back I commissioned our very own ED to draw me something Turn A Gundam related, and I went for the full deal:

image_zpsbi2l0wrp.jpg

It's beautiful, and probably one of my favorite pieces I own. 11x17 and it had the best shipping out of anyone I've dealt with so far. It got the Walmart frame treatment and is going to go next to the other pages and whatnot. I love it.

So yeah, a few weeks back I commissioned our very own ED to draw me something Turn A Gundam related, and I went for the full deal:

image_zpsbi2l0wrp.jpg

It's beautiful, and probably one of my favorite pieces I own. 11x17 and it had the best shipping out of anyone I've dealt with so far. It got the Walmart frame treatment and is going to go next to the other pages and whatnot. I love it.

Walmart frame treatment? I made it, bitches!

Glad it arrived safe and you like it. I am paranoid about shipping.

Why does the robot man have a mustache?
I always draw mustaches on my robots. I am Mexican, after all, you know.

Zombine

Banned
Yeah I asked him to give my robot a dirty sanchez and he did it.

Shipping was legit the best I've dealt with. Cadence's shipping is fucking hilarious.

Kipp

That is hot.
Ed's the man.

this isnt some weird keto thing is it?

Nah, I just like eggs. I still had toast and stuff this morning too. Haha
I tried doing a keto diet for a month or so and it didn't sit right with me at all. I still do low-carb, just not mega-low-carb like keto folks.

About 2 1/2 hours

Lol. I'm driving that far just to go bouldering outdoors tomorrow!

Top Bottom