• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Owzers

Another has fallen to the sway of digital comics. If we do not fight now, who will be left to defend the values of the flop?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Oh lord, if Sillymonkey is one of our last physical defenders, we're fucked.

See, in a vacuum I'd honestly prefer floppies over digital for the most part. There's something about having the physical pages there that I enjoy. The problem is that, in reality, digital is more convenient in pretty much every way. It's easier to purchase/get your hands on, it's easier to bring with you with a tablet or phone or even a laptop, it doesn't take up all sorts of space, you don't need to worry about damaging any physical pages, you can zoom in on details in artwork, you don't need to worry about proper lighting for reading, fans don't cause issues, etc.

Downsides of digital: No Twix.

Messi

I will NEVER stop believing in print.

It's all good bro. It's the digital folks who
relentlessly
feel like they have something to justify.

new-avengers-2.jpg

See, in a vacuum I'd honestly prefer floppies over digital for the most part. There's something about having the physical pages there that I enjoy. The problem is that, in reality, digital is more convenient in pretty much every way. It's easier to purchase/get your hands on, it's easier to bring with you with a tablet or phone or even a laptop, it doesn't take up all sorts of space, you don't need to worry about damaging any physical pages, you can zoom in on details in artwork, you don't need to worry about proper lighting for reading, fans don't cause issues, etc.

Plus, y'know, all those environmental concerns.

Also you never have to worry about paper quality, thus a frame like the one messi posted wouldn't have that godawful paper texture fucking up what should be solidly black.

I probably shouldn't either since I work at a book bindery.

Academia will always keep you employed.

fauxtrot

Banned
Andrew MacLean's Head Lopper is coming to Image, brahs! Rejoice.

Lopper01.jpg

HEAD LOPPER #1
STORY / ART / COVER A: ANDREW MACLEAN
COVER B: RAFAEL GRAMPÁ
SEPTEMBER 9 / 96 PAGES / FC / T / $5.99
Action. Adventure. Fantasy. Decapitation!
ApocalyptiGirl creator ANDREW MACLEAN brings this critically acclaimed indie hit to Image Comics! The dark humored quarterly adventure begins with a double-sized first issue, with eighty pages of story and a premium pin-up gallery for the regular price of just $5.99!
“HEAD LOPPER is what you’d get if Mike Mignola wrote an issue of Brian Wood’s Northlanders by way of James Stokoe’s ORC STAIN.” – Multiversity Comics.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I occasionally get the sense that I want to buy a floppy, but I love being able to carry everything with me. Especially with MU.

New DC books are 2.5/4 for me. I liked Martian Manhunter and Dr. Fate a lot, and liked Robin well enough to stick with it even if it left me a bit lost. What do I need to pick up to get the story on Damian's resurrection? Is it worth reading?

Didn't care for Black Canary much at all.

Hmm, that's something I've not seen

Me neither, what is that from?

So yeah, a few weeks back I commissioned our very own ED to draw me something Turn A Gundam related, and I went for the full deal:

image_zpsbi2l0wrp.jpg

It's beautiful, and probably one of my favorite pieces I own. 11x17 and it had the best shipping out of anyone I've dealt with so far. It got the Walmart frame treatment and is going to go next to the other pages and whatnot. I love it.

Ed is awesome,, I already have a Batman Commission from him,,

It's not if but when,, I will be getting more art for GafEd.

I will NEVER stop believing in print.

This makes my heart happy.

Owzers

I cared about the environment until i saw that documentary The Happening. It's us or them, turn every last tree into a floppy Bendis hell as far as i'm concerned.

Messi

New DC books are 2.5/4 for me. I liked Martian Manhunter and Dr. Fate a lot, and liked Robin well enough to stick with it even if it left me a bit lost. What do I need to pick up to get the story on Damian's resurrection? Is it worth reading?

Didn't care for Black Canary much at all.

Me neither, what is that from?

Batman and Robin by Tomasi and Gleason. Read it and love it. Best batman book.

Top Bottom