• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Bottom middle is best. But not very practical for beating up Batgirls. Lower left is probably my next favorite.

Yeah I think I dig top left and bottom left. I just hope she brings the STAS attitude.

CH0vEL-UEAAd66M.jpg
CH0vEN9UYAA7paD.jpg
CH0vEMiUYAEcsbx.jpg

Did you see it alone? Is it socially acceptable to see a movie alone. I remember when I was like ten and there was this adult watching Mighty Joe You g by himself and I thought it was odd.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with seeing movies alone.

Unless it's a kid's movie.... Then I wouldn't recommend it.

Robin, Son of Batman was on point. The art, of course, was Gleason tier awesome and I didn't see any real weakness to the dialogue. If he can maintain quality this could be an awesome story.

Zombine

Banned
Going to see a kids movie alone is fine unless you start touching yourself or whatever. Just bring a note pad or wear a fake badge or something.

Please don't wear a trench coat either.

Going to see a kids movie alone is fine unless you start touching yourself or whatever. Just bring a note pad or wear a fake badge or something.

Please don't wear a trench coat either.

Ehhhh..... I wouldn't go see a kids movie alone. But really, how hard is it to find someone to go with you?

fauxtrot

Banned
Read up through Avengers #12 last night using the appropriate single issue reading order! Things are starting to heat up and
the High Evolutionary
showed up, whom I don't have much experience with outside of Hickman's F4. I'm loving Hyperion and Thor's budding bromance quite a bit; can they keep it up or will it take an ugly turn? Only one way to find out...

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. It's a paranoid world and I'm just an innocent bystander....

I went to see the Lego Movie and there was only a group of kids and their moms or nannies or whatever. They looked at me a little sideways at first, but then I was like, "nah, don't worry, I just love lego". Then they left, crying.

Half of this isn't true.

oh god, the 50 Shades thread. Ha ha ha. I'm dying, here.

The only thing that keeps that stuff from completely depressing me is the hope that the only reason such utterly garbage stuff passes off as erotic and romantic is because it's still so seen as taboo and trash that no one know better. I realize I'm deep in denial here, but it's all I have.

The only thing that keeps that stuff from completely depressing me is the hope that the only reason such utterly garbage stuff passes off as erotic and romantic is because it's still so seen as taboo and trash that no one know better. I realize I'm deep in denial here, but it's all I have.

The problem with 50 Shades is that it misrepresents the BDSM scene. What's depicted in the books is simply an abusive relationship. So you have people reading this shit that are going to think they know something about the culture.

More people should read Sunstone.

Sturgeon's law. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Both my sisters and many of their friends did rereads of the books before the movie, went to the movie together, and are eagerly awaiting the others. They're all in deep.

Both my sisters and many of their friends did rereads of the books before the movie, went to the movie together, and are eagerly awaiting the others. They're all in deep.

The funniest stuff in that thread isn't even from 50 Shades. JC posted some shit from a book by De'Nesha Diamond. O M G.

Sophie Campbell just posted a link to an interview she did

Awesome to see that things are going well for her

Yeah, it's super nice to hear. And I was really happy back when I saw how aggressively IDW updated her credits to be correct.

I relate to all the pre-coming out stress, too. There's certainly enough stress and worry there to start with and then she had the stress of being a somewhat public figure beforehand. There's a big difference between worrying about losing your current job and losing your entire career. That said, I notice she doesn't mention any friends/family/etc. that she talked to ahead of time to use as support for the bigger coming out. I actually think it was probably a slightly mistake not trying to have that if she indeed did not have that person/those people. It helps.

The problem with 50 Shades is that it misrepresents the BDSM scene. What's depicted in the books in simply an abusive relationship. So you have people reading this shit that are going to think they know something about the culture.

More people should read Sunstone.

Yep on both counts. 50 Shades is, from everything I've been able to gather, really an anti-BDSM series at its core. Between an abusive relationship to implying that anyone involved in BDSM are in some way damaged or broken and need to be fixed all on top of just bizarre and inaccurate nonsense that doesn't reflect reality.

And I'm a big supporter of more people reading Sunstone, yes. For all sorts of reasons.

This Jae Lee MKX cover:

tumblr_np7a9v77Qe1sp71ndo2_500.jpg

That's very cool.

"Oh wow, Just Cause 2 is only $2.99. I think I'll pick it up during the steam sale"

"You already own this game."

"Oh ._."

Story of my life.

Ehhhh..... I wouldn't go see a kids movie alone. But really, how hard is it to find someone to go with you?

I'd never get to see a kids film if I waited for someone to go with me. I go when it's quiet though.

Top Bottom