• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

I had Game of Thrones spoiled on me while I was buying stuff for dinner today. The one time I go out with no headphones....

Ah well, hadn't watched an episode for months anyways.

ReAxion

It's too dangerous to just go walking around when there's GoT episodes you haven't seen. Spoiler snipers will get you anywhere.

It's too dangerous to just go walking around when there's GoT episodes you haven't seen. Spoiler snipers will get you anywhere.

I'd never leave the house if that were the case. Not that I leave that much anyway, but still.

It's part of my job anyway, at least for movies. I end up seeing the last 10 minutes of everything because I have to test the lighting cues.

ReAxion

I'd never leave the house if that were the case. Not that I leave that much anyway, but still.

It's part of my job anyway, at least for movies. I end up seeing the last 10 minutes of everything because I have to test the lighting cues.

I remember that life. I was doing the sweeping.

PsychBat!

Banned
Bingbong.png

Zombine

Banned

They did it as a joke and It was one of the few times where I think Conan just totally missed the mark. Nobody laughed and everyone gasped.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Found the! Was to busy thinking about how to get my foot in the door with CFA girl that I left my keys there. Phew. Time to read floppies!

Yo, FBP, my dude. It just ain't the same without Robbi on pencils.

They did it as a joke and It was one of the few times where I think Conan just totally missed the mark. Nobody laughed and everyone gasped.

When did GoT become this holy thing? This season was shite for the most part outside of a few decent scenes. HBO really needs GRRM holding their hands for this.

Wool

Prophet just got to a point where I was more and more lost with every issue.

Yeah Prophet was kind of confusing, there were 3 clones of the same main character that all have their own storylines and their own artists drawing their pages. A few issues towards the end were sort of unrelated one-shots that didn't have anything to do with the main plot too. Ron Wimberly did issue #39 and it was awesome but had nothing to do with #38. It took me multiple read throughs to understand everything.

If I remember correctly you used to often wax lyrical about Prophet. In that case the new 8house stuff being done by the same sort of crowd will be of interest. That's gonna be a similar sort of thing, weird scifi/fantasy stories but set in their own universe. Should be out soon. I thought it was 24th June but looking at the Image site it's now down for 1st July.

They're doing it in singe issues and then collecting in a TPB. There was a question recently that Graham answered about this on his tumblr. Prophet hardcovers will follow after that.

I'm pretty surprised anyone recognizes me or remembers what I've said in the comics thread! These threads move fast and I post like once a month.

I follow him on tumblr and 8house looks awesome. Also excited for Prophet Earth War. Have you read about Island magazine that he is starting? It's supposed to be a 72 page full size magazine, sounds pretty cool if they can keep up a consistent release schedule.

How is Howard the Duck so far? I have only read #1 and it was pretty good but I never bothered to continue.

Zombine

Banned
It's dead with issue 24 brah.

Hey now hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey hey now
They've come to build a wall between
We know they won't win
Don't let them win....

Some boys take a beautiful girl
And hide her away from the rest of the world
I want to be the one to walk in the sun
Oh girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have

She wants to have fun dude. Go out and get her. Buy Doomed #1 first though because it was hot fire.

Some boys take a beautiful girl
And hide her away from the rest of the world
I want to be the one to walk in the sun
Oh girls they want to have fun
Oh girls just want to have

She wants to have fun dude. Go out and get her. Buy Doomed #1 first though because it was hot fire.
I have it in my HUGE stack of floppies. Which is so great to be reading again. I needed to be away from comics for a few months to learn to love them again. Need to buy some Secret War tie ins from May and Spider Gwen, Howard and Squrrel Girl I missed. I will go after CFA girl next Thursday. Now time to read Witch Hunter Angela!

arkon

I'm pretty surprised anyone recognizes me or remembers what I've said in the comics thread! These threads move fast and I post like once a month.

I follow him on tumblr and 8house looks awesome. Also excited for Prophet Earth War. Have you read about Island magazine that he is starting? It's supposed to be a 72 page full size magazine, sounds pretty cool if they can keep up a consistent release schedule.

I mostly remember because our tastes synced up on a number of books and you were one of the few posting in here about Prophet which was one of my favourites as well.

Looking forward to Island as well. It might even be bigger than 72 pages. In a recent comicsbeat interview he was saying 150 pages per issue. We shall see. The release schedule is a concern but I suppose it won't be so bad if some of the stories are one-shots and it being an anthology.

You'll probably want to check out Drifter as well.

Calcium

Banned
Hmm, what to read next? Daredevil by Mark Waid? Swamp Thing Vol. 6? Batman Vol. 6? Fables Deluxe Edition Vol. 10? So hard to pick...

Messi

Wow Isak did it. I am stunned. I will buy Empowered in a heartbeat.

Still no Terra mini though Isak. What's up with that?

One issue of New Avengers and one of Avengers left. I read like 15 issues today. Please don't leave me :(

Top Bottom