• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Messi

I think I still prefer a physical version of Empowered. It feels like a giant manga in my hands.

I have the physicals but I'd love digital for on the go reading. Same reason I bought chew today.

I also have some Dark Horse books I had been trade waiting that I'd love to get digitally like :

ei8ht.jpg

26351.jpg

LosDaddie

Banned
Anybody get the Annihilation Conquest omnibus this week? Any pictures? Any word on the paper quality?

I have the Annihilation omnibus (haven't read it yet), so I feel obligated to get the Conquest omni.

Brilliant book from one of the best in the industry. I love everything this man does.

What else has he done?

LosDaddie

Banned
Best Wolverine run
American Jesus
Superior
Nemesis
Kingsman
MPH
Starlight
Kick Ass
Jupiter's Legacy
Chrononauts
Ect...

His portfolio is rock freaking solid. Not for all tastes, but i enjoy him.

Thanks. I'll have to make sure I buy a couple of those at the next con. NOw I feel bad for passing on that Wolverine omnibus the couple times I could've bought it

Just finished Morrison's Doom Patrol, man that was a crazy comic and now I see why some people venerate Morrison. The brotherhood of dada was a lot of fun, and the last 10 or so issues were just insane. Think I'm inspired to read animal man next.

I don't care. I think Wanted is the most funnest book I ever read. Just pure adrenaline action in every panel. I wasn't even mad at the ending cuz how else you gonna end a comic like that.

Owzers

I'm still deep in the Witcher 3 world, though i still hate the main "have you seen Ciri" quest and it makes me think less of the developers for it, some of these side quests are fantastic now. It only further confounds me as to why they let the main story be what it is.

Also i'm totally going to read comics tonight, i reread Secret Wars #2 to get ready for #3 tonight. I bet it's good.

I'm still deep in the Witcher 3 world, though i still hate the main "have you seen Ciri" quest and it makes me think less of the developers for it, some of these side quests are fantastic now. It only further confounds me as to why they let the main story be what it is.

Man, you're still in Act I. Shit gets fuckin' cray-cray in Act II and III.

Also, did anyone read Mad Max: Furiosa #1? Just saw it when I was browsing Comixology, and I was wondering if it's worth the $4.99... I loved the movie.

Owzers

I was all excited to read Secret Wars #3 and then the fact that it was a floppy was reaffirmed. I start to turn the first page and i can see the dialogue on the next page through it. I trees death should be glorious, 3d covers and thick pages that don't tear if you turn them too quickly.

It's like handling a newborn and i'm just trying to keep it alive.

Jurassic World: A waste of 3 hrs time and $15. A completely forgettable 6/10.

Wait, what. sillymonkey is actually enjoying something and calling it fantastic? Oh, not a comic.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Weeeeeee. Today was monthly paycheck day. Time to go not spend my giant lump sum on comics! :D
Edit: Just noticed I got paid for my retail job two days ago too. And then that $200 for the gig last night. I've got money rolling in from all directions... Add it all to the pile.

Just finished Morrison's Doom Patrol, man that was a crazy comic and now I see why some people venerate Morrison. The brotherhood of dada was a lot of fun, and the last 10 or so issues were just insane. Think I'm inspired to read animal man next.

Yesssss. SO good.
Those last 10 issues were just relentless. Sooooo good.

Owzers

Jurassic World: A waste of 3 hrs time and $15. A completely forgettable 6/10.

Wait, what. sillymonkey is actually enjoying something and calling it fantastic? Oh, not a comic.

Hah, just finished Secret Wars #3 and it was good. Not fantastic but....good. I think for it to take a step into fantasticland it needs to suck less in the pacing, it reads like the typical " we have time to kill" 8 or 9 issue event of recent years. Doom reminds me of the kid in the Twilight Zone episode who
wishes people that displease him into the cornfield. Johnny Storm...is the SUN? Reading this stuff is weird, just the concept of the world being self-illuminating and then since Johnny was against him he spared his life by turning him into the sun. :O

Top Bottom