• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Pizza Hut's Hot Dog Bites pizza.

Just had a slice. Quite decent actually.

Wait until the nitrate shock sets in.

Pizza Hut has turned it around over the past year and it's been an amazing thing to watch. They went from serving undercooked takeout trash to serviceable and unique pizza dining that has made the (already shit) Dominos look even worse. The other night instead of a regular cheese pizza they gave me one with their garlic crust and it was a nice compliment to their crust and not freaking awful like Domino's default garlic crust.

First liking Mark Millar's entirely library, now this?

Who are you?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally got some time to hit up the shop after 3 weeks if being too busy. I should setup some sort of online delivery pull list thing...Is that a thing for weekly books?

Zombine

Banned
Who are you?

ec961b182037822d1180b007c1577819.500x289x10.gif

Tumblr gotta be the fast food/Mickey Ds of the GIF world. Skipped frames, poor quality, people clearly not saying those lines they always put on there, hell some of can't even afford color.

I've only read the first volume of Chew and this Comixology sale is really tempting. Should I be responsible and just buy a few volumes or buy it all and inevitably let it rot in my digital backlog?

I catch up in trades at every sale and I still haven't finished the first one.

Owzers

Marvel Zombies #1 Secret Wars was OKAY, i liked some of the back and forth between Elsa and the kid,, but i'm not sure if it carried the book enough. When they ran into
the Juggernaut, what was he saying? Tenderize?
Random 6/10.

Zombine

Banned
How 'bout that E3, fellas?

C+

-Lot of fuckery on Sony's end
-Nintendo's pre-E3 shows had more shocking moments and better reveals
-Microsoft had bc which was nice, and the mod announcement to bring them all the way up to 2004, but nothing revealed was exciting with the exception of Tomb Raider
-EA was awful with the exception of Battlefront and female teams in FIFA
-Ubi gonna Ubi
-Square Enix: "We just started working on Kingdom Hearts 3 right at this moment"

Yeah.

Would you mind explaining that in spoiler tags? I've never read but I'm curious as to what the eff this means

Mostly a joke.

The author is pretty pro-Israel, and it... kind of shines through in places. In at least one interpretation, the entire series after a point is a metaphor for it.

C+

-Lot of fuckery on Sony's end
-Nintendo's pre-E3 shows had more shocking moments and better reveals
-Microsoft had bc which was nice, and the mod announcement to bring them all the way up to 2004, but nothing revealed was exciting with the exception of Tomb Raider
-EA was awful with the exception of Battlefront and female teams in FIFA
-Ubi gonna Ubi
-Square Enix: "We just started working on Kingdom Hearts 3 right at this moment"

Yeah.

You forgot Bethesda. DOOM, Fallout 4 and Dishonoured 2 has to be worth a mention.
And yes I spelt Dishonoured right.

That C+ is very much reliant on Bethesda picking up the slack for a very lame E3 for a very lame console generation.

Hmm, I don't really agree. With Battlefront, Arkham Knight, Metal Gear, Fallout 4, Just Cause 3 and plenty of others coming before the end of the year, there's plenty of games to look forward to. But as they say, opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one.

Finished the Batman and Son trade today. Really enjoyed it overall. The future issue with Damian as Batman was slightly jarring but I loved the Club of Heroes story. On to Batman RIP next.

Apart from one rather heavy handed sequence, I think the sentiment is sufficiently masked as to not really affect your enjoyment of the series.

Well, kinda, but that's at least partially because the original driving plot of the story is resolved then too.

It's not as bad as I'm making it sound, honestly. If you're not particularly sensitive to the topic, you probably won't even notice.

So my question becomes, is it more of a sentiment expressed from certain characters (and obviously portrayed as correct) or is it more an undercurrent to the world and/or the world's morality itself? Are there major in-world analogues to the real world situation or is it mostly just the author basically jumping in from time to time to wave around his beliefs on the issue?

So my question becomes, is it more of a sentiment expressed from certain characters (and obviously portrayed as correct) or is it more an undercurrent to the world and/or the world's morality itself? Are there major in-world analogues to the real world situation or is it mostly just the author basically jumping in from time to time to wave around his beliefs on the issue?

The latter. The characters themselves don't talk about Israel (that I remember).

I missed most of the conferences because I couldn't justify staying up for them, but it was a decent E3. There wasn't much for me personally as someone who is 99% a PC player, but people seemed excited, so that's nice. My favourite game of the show was Transformers: Devastation, which I wish I could go back in time and show my younger self.

Fallout and Battlefront look good but I probably won't get either at launch unless there is a good deal. I guess I am looking forward to Total Warhammer and Warhammer Vermintide, as a WHFB fan I am happy to see the setting get its' due after years and years of SPACE MURHEENZ! Hopefully we get Bretonnia DLC for Total Warhammer at some point, they were always my favourites.

I might be a little excited for Walking Dead: Michonne:

I will probably be lynched for this, but I don't get the Final Fantasy VII thing at all. I thought the GAF HIVE MIND hated remasters?

Spent way too much during the Steam Summer Sale though, so there is that. I think I'll buy the new Hearthstone heroes and leave it at that for awhile. I do intend to buy Sword Coast Legends as my birthday present to myself, and I'll try Magic the Gathering Origins when it comes out but I only really played Duels of the Planeswalkers for the campaigns and the one that had Archenemy, which I loved and would really like to see a similar format come to Hearthstone eventually. It's a shame they did Blackrock already as Nefarian would work so well in that format. When I play Magic IRL it's mostly EDH/Commander, hopefully that comes to Origins eventually.

I will probably be lynched for this, but I don't get the Final Fantasy VII thing at all.

I think it has more to do with nostalgia than anything else. Final Fantasy VII was the first Final Fantasy game a lot of people were exposed to, so they hold it in higher regard than other games in the series. Playstation was also probably the first real game console the people in question owned.

Personally, Final Fantasy VI was my favorite.

Owzers

I will probably be lynched for this, but I don't get the Final Fantasy VII thing at all. I thought the GAF HIVE MIND hated remasters? *snipped everything else*

Remake hype is the worst...

I tried playing FFVII a few years ago, couldn't do it, i hate random, turn based battle systems. Battles in rpgs need to either be special or quick.

So Im thinking of finally doing a kickstarter for my comic. I'm about 86 pages in and I told myself I'd do one 24 pages in. The logistics of it especially printing and shipping seems like the most complicated part. I might shoot to do it in September...

Since I've seen it mentioned a few times here and there, is Fables worth looking into?
its an *excellent* comic up to 75. I dropped it after that. Highly recommend that Adversary arc

I think it has more to do with nostalgia than anything else. Final Fantasy VII was the first Final Fantasy game a lot of people were exposed to, so they hold it in higher regard than other games in the series. Playstation was also probably the first real game console the people in question owned.

Personally, Final Fantasy VI was my favorite.

The bolded makes me feel so old.

Agreed!
except Dishonored remaster hyper hype
You did. But "dishonored / dishonoured" is one of those words that can be spelled several ways. Like "color / colour."

The spelling of that game bugs me every time I see it in my Steam library.

its an *excellent* comic up to 75. I dropped it after that. Highly recommend that Adversary arc

I've heard a lot of good things about Fables, but even 75 issues is a pretty big investment of time. I've got tons to read already.

And did anyone read Mad Max: Furiosa #1 this week? It caught my eye while I was browsing Comixology. I'm wondering if it's worth the $4.99 or not.

The bolded makes me feel so old.

Man, my first console was an Atari 2600. Don't even trip.

I've heard a lot of good things about Fables, but even 75 issues is a pretty big investment of time. I've got tons to read already.

And did anyone read Mad Max: Furiosa #1 this week? It caught my eye while I was browsing Comixology. I'm wondering if it's worth the $4.99 or not.

Yeah, I wouldnt have read all of those issues if my friend didnt let me borrow those trades.

I havent read the Furiosa comic but I heard its not worth it

Top Bottom