• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Zombine

Banned
So what's comicGAFs general opinion on Robert Kirkman? I've been reading Invincible on my flight and it's pretty damn good. Don't see him mentioned too often around here though...

I love him. I am the resident Walking Dead super fan and enjoy Invincible and Outcast. Under his own umbrella, the dude has some wonderful and super compelling books, and he deserves all of the success he's achieved.

So what's comicGAFs general opinion on Robert Kirkman? I've been reading Invincible on my flight and it's pretty damn good. Don't see him mentioned too often around here though...

I like Invincible. Walking Dead is okay. Haven't read either in ages. Looking forward to seeing if he can help make a good Transformers movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What if Remeder wrote the
death of Peter?
He got his head teared appart by Sabretooth after he transformed into a Ultron.
Would be a hell of anticlimatic :D

Drayco21

I didn't read Invincible because I'm a pleb that only reads the big two unless a book is about robots or mechs, and I didn't read Walking Dead for more than a volume because I don't like zombies, but Irredeemable Ant-Man was a fun series, so he's a-okay in my book.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Read the first Walking Dead compendium back in the day and loved it. Will get back to the series, but only when it's done. Will only start Invincible when that's concluded too.

I love him. I am the resident Walking Dead super fan and enjoy Invincible and Outcast. Under his own umbrella, the dude has some wonderful and super compelling books, and he deserves all of the success he's achieved.

I'm a pretty big Walking Dead fan as well. Well, not enough to enjoy what the show has become, but still love the comics.

Invincible at least has some humor and satire to it, though, which is great considering Walking Dead is typically so serious. On that note, I had been waiting for the "shit just got real" moment from the moment I started, but I was not ready for the
murders of its Justice League equivalent. And when his dad asks him in 500 years what would he have, and he says "I'd have you dad"
- I was holding back the tears to not look like even more of a weirdo while reading comics on a plane.

Anyway, I like him despite the mess he's made with TWD show.

Zombine

Banned
Yeah, I think the time jump's done the series a favour.

I try to tell new readers not to approach All Out War as an event, but as a prequel to what is going on now. That's truly all it was; just a bunch of positioning for this arc and the time skip.

In regards to the show...I love it. I used to critically analyze every little fuckin thing about it and it would drive me insane, but for cable TV it is really damn good. My girlfriend loves it as well so we get to bond over it and talk about what we think will happen next week. This past season was amazing.

zennyzz

Like I said, I always assume the worst :D

And Spidey going to be a Inhuman confirmed? :D

tumblr_nonu83CmTR1sqep2mo1_540.png

I try to tell new readers not to approach All Out War as an event, but as a prequel to what is going on now. That's truly all it was; just a bunch of positioning for this arc and the time skip.

In regards to the show...I love it. I used to critically analyze every little fuckin thing about it and it would drive me insane, but for cable TV it is really damn good. My girlfriend loves it as well so we get to bond over it and talk about what we think will happen next week. This past season was amazing.
I don't really understand the hate for it. They've made a few odd decisions but as you say, it's a lot better than most TV shows.

Zombine

Banned
I don't really understand the hate for it. They've made a few odd decisions but as you say, it's a lot better than most TV shows.

I always tell people to just take a few steps back and remove themselves from the sorce material and go along for the ride. It's so much better that way. The panel I'm probably the most excited about at NYCC is the Walking Dead one!

MG310

I always tell people to just take a few steps back and remove themselves from the sorce material and go along for the ride. It's so much better that way. The panel I'm probably the most excited about at NYCC is the Walking Dead one!

Please don't be the one who asks for Norman Reedus' empty water bottle.

Boogiepop

So, any idea how it usually works when IST says something should be out today (well, technically tomorrow) in their "Coming Soon" list and it hasn't popped up. This is going on with the Drift trade, the first Sonic Boom one, and the Annihilation Conquest Omnibus, far as I can tell.

So, any idea how it usually works when IST says something should be out today (well, technically tomorrow) in their "Coming Soon" list and it hasn't popped up. This is going on with the Drift trade, the first Sonic Boom one, and the Annihilation Conquest Omnibus, far as I can tell.

Always double check previewsworld.com to see if trade releases are delayed, happened recently to me with Deadpool By Posehn and Duggan HC vol 2, delayed to next week instead of this week.

Drifter (I hope you mean this) - 6/17

Sonic Boom - TBD

Annihilation Conquest 6/17

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what is that medusa / spidey panel from?

Medusa is growing on me a lot lately.

Drayco21

what is that medusa / spidey panel from?

Medusa is growing on me a lot lately.

All-New Captain America Special, which is the conclusion to the story started in Amazing Spider-Man Special and continued in Inhuman Special. It's a really fun read, with a great Spider-Man voice.

Top Bottom