• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

I want to see Inside Out, but I still haven't seen Jurassic World. I await the days when everything hits OnDemand the same day it comes out in theaters.

Boogiepop

So let me speak from experience here: I tried playing the PS1 Cho Aniki with some friends tonight, having previously found the original game charmingly weird and solidly built. Was hoping for more of the same. Do NOT try to play the PS1 Cho Aniki. Holy crap that was bad, probably going to make a thread on its terribleness tomorrow when I'm sleepy.

Also tomorrow when I'm less sleepy: comic stuff. Been reading some more Daredevil.

SoilBreak

Banned
Miles Morales New Relaunch Book by Bendis and Sara Pichelli

eqkZHyz.jpg

So let me speak from experience here: I tried playing the PS1 Cho Aniki with some friends tonight, having previously found the original game charmingly weird and solidly built. Was hoping for more of the same. Do NOT try to play the PS1 Cho Aniki. Holy crap that was bad, probably going to make a thread on its terribleness tomorrow when I'm sleepy.

Also tomorrow when I'm less sleepy: comic stuff. Been reading some more Daredevil.

One is not supposed to play any Cho Aniki game sober.

LosDaddie

Banned
I went ahead and bought the Annihilation Conquest omnibus today. I hope the story is good. I felt obligated to buy it since I also own the Annihilation omnibus.

Kinda crazy how these omnibi go up in value so quickly. You'd think Marvel would print more copies.

You know the story about that, right?

Nope. But please tell me. I always enjoy the backstory of these comics.

Welp, whoever mentioned that marvel zombies's amusement wouldn't last was quite right. Thing took a nosedive in quality as soon as Kirkman stopped getting involved.

Sorta surprised that hudlin's tie-in wasn't completely terrible.

Spider-man shooting veins instead of webs, tho...

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Urgh. Bendis still as well, so most boring cowardly Spider-Man now the only one? Marvel reboot looking to be something I aint gonna be picking up books from.

Zombine

Banned
Which were worse: Carol super fans

As a Carol reader, I can tell you the fandom is exists because she is a good friend of Spider-Woman, doesn't have a boob window, and says somewhat sarcastic things every now and then. The two books (while I enjoy them a lot) are pretty forgettable in the grand scheme of things and never really elevate past serviceable. All of the best moments took place in the first book.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Guys... It's the weekend and you're talking comics. What is wrong with you?

Also, bouldering outdoors yesterday was so fun. It was so great being up in the mountains again.

Messi

As a Carol reader, I can tell you the fandom is exists because she is a good friend of Spider-Woman, doesn't have a boob window, and says somewhat sarcastic things every now and then. The two books (while I enjoy them a lot) are pretty forgettable in the grand scheme of things and never really elevate past serviceable. All of the best moments took place in the first book.

Disagree completely

Kipp

Ooooooooh fuuuuuuuck.

So remember that scare about maybe getting fired a couple weeks ago? My one other friend at work just got fired. And she was the one other person who was Skype messaging the girl that quit (who got her Skype account repossessed).

BACK TO RED ALERT.

Ooooooooh fuuuuuuuck.

So remember that scare about maybe getting fired a couple weeks ago? My one other friend at work just got fired. And she was the one other person who was Skype messaging the girl that quit (who got her Skype account repossessed).

BACK TO RED ALERT.

Quitting looks better than getting fired. Just saying.

Kipp

But I also don't want to quit if I'm not going to get fired. I'll probably find out like this week if I get that other job too, and if I do, then I can quit.

I feel like I'm reasonably safe, since if my boss fired me too, she'd be MEGA short staffed. Plus I put in some good work last week. Hmmm...

Only just found out 30 minutes ago since I was offline all day yesterday and checked my Facebook for the first time in like 24 hours this morning. I need more info so badly. Why are people not awake at 5am.

Zombine

Banned

Can I just say that I find this Kipp ordeal hilarious? It's retail. If I was a retail manager I would expect people to talk shit because it's fuckin retail. I love hearing about people who are way too into it.

My first retail job I almost punched a guy and walked out of the store with my fingers up in the air telling them all they were fuckin losers. And then after 2 years of working at GameStop shit got weird and I just said "yeah I can't do this." And never came back to work.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Can I just say that I find this hilarious? It's retail. If I was a retail manager I would expect people to talk shit because it's fuckin retail. I love hearing about people who are way too into it.

My first retail job I almost punched a guy and walked out of the store with my fingers up in the air telling them all they were fuckin losers. And then after 2 years of working at GameStop shit got weird and I just said "yeah I can't do this." And never came back to work.

I only lasted 6 months working at Gamestop.

Zombine

Banned
I only lasted 6 months working at Gamestop.

2 1/2 years because my manager protected us from all of the bullshit like subs and pre-orders. We were a tight little group of super good friends but eventually it all came crumbling down when he got fired. They brought in people who drank the kool-aid and it became unbearable.

Best Buy though...holy shit. When they were on top and not struggling they were impossible to work for. They had a rule where you could never stand still, and they tried to make us work OT at night without getting paid for it. That was the worst first job ever.

Kipp

Can I just say that I find this Kipp ordeal hilarious? It's retail. If I was a retail manager I would expect people to talk shit because it's fuckin retail. I love hearing about people who are way too into it.

No, no. This is my full-time job, not my retail job. My retail job I'm completely safe at. They love me there. :p

Also, I feel like it's some consolation that I at least didn't get fired at the same time as my coworker... I feel like if I was going to get fired within the week, my boss would've at least killed two birds with one stone. I mean, she sent out an email to everyone saying "_____ is no longer contracted by us."
You'd think she would just say "______ and Kipp are no longer contracted by us" if I was gonna be fired on Monday or something.

Zombine

Banned
No, no. This is my full-time job, not my retail job. My retail job I'm completely safe at. They love me there. :p

Also, I feel like it's some consolation that I at least didn't get fired at the same time as my coworker... I feel like if I was going to get fired within the week, my boss would've at least killed two birds with one stone. I mean, she sent out an email to everyone saying "_____ is no longer contracted by us."
You'd think she would just say "______ and Kipp are no longer contracted by us" if I was gonna be fired on Monday or something.

That was like the prior company I was with when I was a Jock there. They were removing people left and right, and all you would get is an email that said "______ is no longer with the company." Fuck that place too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
2 1/2 years because my manager protected us from all of the bullshit like subs and pre-orders. We were a tight little group of super good friends but eventually it all came crumbling down when he got fired. They brought in people who drank the kool-aid and it became unbearable.

Best Buy though...holy shit. When they were on top and not struggling they were impossible to work for. They had a rule where you could never stand still, and they tried to make us work OT at night without getting paid for it. That was the worst first job ever.

Yeah my manager was all about that shit.

I remember one time he bitched at me for not trying to sell a GTA3 pre-order to this little old lady buying used Pokemon games for her grandson.

It's too bad I didn't stick it out a couple more months. He got fired for telling another employee that he hired a girl because she had big boobs.

Top Bottom