• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
That was like the prior company I was with when I was a Jock there. They were removing people left and right, and all you would get is an email that said "______ is no longer with the company." Fuck that place too.

Yeah, it's a terrible environment to be in, constantly worrying that you're on the chopping block. I mean, in my case I kind of brought it upon myself so it's my own fault, but even still.
I really really hope I find out this week if I got that other job so I can turn in my two weeks. That will be a massive burden off my shoulders.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
oh man, working retail was the worst part of high school/college. i try to be nice to all wait /retail staff now because i know how terrible it is.

Zombine

Banned
oh man, working retail was the worst part of high school/college. i try to be nice to all wait /retail staff now because i know how terrible it is.

Working at a Bar is the only good college+ job. Work at a popular bar on Friday-Saturday and I know people who were bring home $500+ under the table a week.

Messi

Pls Ireland stop embarrassing me. This entire place is named after Obama. He was here for two days lol

gXWj5lr.jpeg

All of you seem to have had so many jobs. I've only worked at one place ever (the job I am at right now). Been at this place for about 10 years now, started straight out of uni.

jon bones

Working at a Bar is the only good college+ job. Work at a popular bar on Friday-Saturday and I know people who were bring home $500+ under the table a week.

oh yeah, getting a bar gig in college was the top of the food chain for sure

Same for delivery drivers and waiters. I always tip $5 cuz I know how hard it is.

i stay tippin heavy

All of you seem to have had so many jobs. I've only worked at one place ever (the job I am at right now). Been at this place for about 10 years now, started straight out of uni.

in high school / college it seems natural to jump around jobs.

after college i've only had two gigs: bond analyst for a hedge fund, now coding for a risk analytics company.

both have been really good to me, all things considered.

I only had one retail job, which was in the Sears electronics department way back in a summer during university. It was a pretty terrible fit. I'm just not a sales person. I also become extremely uncomfortable and in some pain if I have to stand around for extended periods of time and they basically had a "no sitting" policy. I don't remember exactly how long I was able to last, but I do know I was terminated not long before classes started back up in the fall.

Now, it wasn't a complete bust. While I was still naive enough to not see it all at the time, over time it has really given me insight into the whole world of sales and retail. The most successful sales people are the ones that either believe the nonsense they say or can at least convince you that they do. I know this isn't exactly an amazing revelation, but actually seeing it from the sales side is still something.

Boogiepop

Right, so, comics! Finished up Bendis Daredevil, and I'm now a few issues in to Brubaker DD. Really liking Brubaker so far, only partway through The Devil in Cell Block D. Also, really glad that a good run came after Bendis, as he absolutely did not clean up after himself. Like, geeze Matt's life is a mess at this point.

Owzers

Two bad Witcher 3 quests in a row....i now want Geralt to kill anyone who attempts to ask me for a favor to do something. I am the Witcher! Fear me!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
We already know that he's not the only Spider-Man that will be around post Secret Wars.

I see, so theyre going to awkwardly try to avoid renaming him Spider-Boy or something (no doubt due to the OTT PC crowd reaction) and just plough ahead with nonsense.

It was fairly confusing when Batman did it, and even then that was temporary.
Bruce shoulda stayed dead, DickBats forever

Two bad Witcher 3 quests in a row....i now want Geralt to kill anyone who attempts to ask me for a favor to do something. I am the Witcher! Fear me!

You do have the option to tell people to get fucked very early in the quest chains. Usually.

I mean, the whole bit in skellige with the selection of the kings is optional, as is helping the baron with the last leg of his quest.

Out of curiosity, which were the bad quests?

DickBats forever

What is it with people wasting golden opportunities today?

Owzers

You do have the option to tell people to get fucked very early in the quest chains. Usually.

I mean, the whole bit in skellige with the selection of the kings is optional, as is helping the baron with the last leg of his quest.

Out of curiosity, which were the bad quests?

Getting the swordsmith to craft weapons for you in Novigard and helping Zolton do his little friend quest retrieve card thing in order for him to help
fight against the wild hunt at kaer mohren after i go grab Ciri

Two back and forth fetchy quests without an interesting story to mitigate the boredom.

jon bones

reading Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine en route to Father's Day lunch

this is pretty great stuff, super unpredictable. i legit have no idea where this is gonna go.

love the Majora's Mask arc & "the gun"

Getting the swordsmith to craft weapons for you in Novigard and helping Zolton do his little friend quest retrieve card thing in order for him to help
fight against the wild hunt at kaer mohren after i go grab Ciri

Two back and forth fetchy quests without an interesting story to mitigate the boredom.

Ah true, the swordsmith one was kinda shit. Armorsmith was better. And yeah, giving zoltan a gwent quest with no option to gwent your way to success boggles the mind.

Was fun listening to him shoot the shit with the other dorf, tho.

Still ridiculous this is coming out on the same day as Arkham Knight. Way to kill potential sales Capcom.

Kinda surprised that they didn't release it a week later or delay it for a couple of weeks. July is a gosh darned wasteland.

Which were worse: Carol super fans or Steph/Cassandra super fans?
how are those Legion books going breh

Same for delivery drivers and waiters. I always tip $5 cuz I know how hard it is.

my man. I work pizza delivery and it actually sucks. they started paying us hourly recently and now it's way more high stress because we're actually expected to do a bunch of things in-store and one of the managers is real passive aggressive about it, even though they staff 1-2 less drivers per night, meaning the drivers are going to be busier actually driving. but i don't wanna go back to the old model of pay-per-delivery because that's also shitty. Which means i gotta find a better job goddamn

Zombine

Banned
I tip really high. Usually about $10. I try not to play "Tip God" when being waited on, knowing that a lot of these folks are working multiple tables at once, but if you're pleasant enough and fill me up a couple of times I have no problem doing more.

Messi

Miles is my Spider-Man. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Great to see Marvel ate doing big versions of all Bendis run with Miles and that all 3 books will be out before the year ends.

Zombine

Banned
Miles is my Spider-Man. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Great to see Marvel ate doing big versions of all Bendis run with Miles and that all 3 books will be out before the year ends.

Two really exciting Bendis books out soon. Damn It's good to be a Marvel fan.

Tizoc

Soon......

devil_may_cry_4_special_edition___vergil_by_vergilneloangelo-d8mvcor.gif

Still ridiculous this is coming out on the same day as Arkham Knight. Way to kill potential sales Capcom.

Here's the thing though
1- Some had pre-ordered the game in advance
2- DMC4SE is $25
3- Bats is $60. So $60 vs. $25 which is more merciful on your wallet :p

I double dipped and got both PS4+PC ver.~

how are those Legion books going breh

They just bitch and complain in their Facebook group in an echo chamber about dumb shit like costumes. Steph/Cass fans would show up to every panel at every con and ask where they [Steph and Cass] were even if the panel was about, say, Superman.

"We're opening the floor to questions for these Superman writers~"

Person in Steph costume walks up.

"When are you going to bring Stephanie Brown back?"

frye

there's a way in which we can grandharrier it up and get annoyed at people who Care Too Much about a character he dislikes anyways (who's spilled the most ink about Stephanie Brown in these threads tho... just sayin') but let's not pretend that this beast is anything other than something DC created

Owzers

I had to take another Witcher 3 break, i want to love this game but i feel like i have to join the development team to remind them to suck less. Every other quest is awful.
So i get to the Isle of Mists and the first damn thing you have to do upon finding a house there is go off to find three of their friends who are lost in order for them to open the door. I wanted to burn the house down with them in it and search through the rubble for clues

They can't keep getting away with this...it's disappointing that the standards in game design are so low that this is considered good just because there are strong quests inbetween the garbage. The title should be "Witcher 3: But First I Need A Favor."

Zombine

Banned
What if we find out that Steph is actually commissioner Gordon's real daughter, and that Batgirl was actually a clone that replaced Steph at birth so they accidentally named the clone Babs but in reality Steph is Babs but not.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

I would love that so much. Once I figure out where I want to live, I just want to find a job that I somewhat enjoy and keep it forever. I don't care about constantly moving up in the world or anything, I just want a job I enjoy that pays the bills.

reading Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine en route to Father's Day lunch

this is pretty great stuff, super unpredictable. i legit have no idea where this is gonna go.

love the Majora's Mask arc & "the gun"

That's such a great mini. One of my favorites, in fact.

my man. I work pizza delivery and it actually sucks. they started paying us hourly recently and now it's way more high stress because we're actually expected to do a bunch of things in-store and one of the managers is real passive aggressive about it, even though they staff 1-2 less drivers per night, meaning the drivers are going to be busier actually driving. but i don't wanna go back to the old model of pay-per-delivery because that's also shitty. Which means i gotta find a better job goddamn

I had a shitty boss at Papa Johns who would always give me bad hours and was petty as hell. Half of my paycheck was from my tips which meant all my paychecks were worthless if I didn't make any tips. I can't work like that again.

As a Carol reader, I can tell you the fandom is exists because she is a good friend of Spider-Woman, doesn't have a boob window, and says somewhat sarcastic things every now and then. The two books (while I enjoy them a lot) are pretty forgettable in the grand scheme of things and never really elevate past serviceable. All of the best moments took place in the first book.

I find that to be the case, too. I put Captain Marvel books on my pull list from time to time, but I can never stick with it for too long. It doesn't end up being too long before it becomes a bit monotonous and formulaic.

Only just found out 30 minutes ago since I was offline all day yesterday and checked my Facebook for the first time in like 24 hours this morning. I need more info so badly. Why are people not awake at 5am.

Obviously because they want Kipp to know true fear.

That usually ends up happening to me. They released an episode of Life is Strange on the same day as Bloodborne. And then they did it again when Witcher 3 came out.

Ugh. Dr. Fate was... pretty bad, worse at times, getting dangerously close to Nocenti tier dialogue.

I flipped through it at the shop but ended up passing. I was never a big fan of mainline DC.

Urgh. Bendis still as well, so most boring cowardly Spider-Man now the only one? Marvel reboot looking to be something I aint gonna be picking up books from.

I can kind of see what you mean about Miles being boring, he was just rushed too quickly into being a hero, he wasn't despised by the public and never called a menace. He doesn't really struggle fighting villains, his powers have never not worked for him. There was never any real focus on his school life and he doesn't have an interesting cast around him.

I want to believe this new relaunch will hopefully progress Miles character into a new direction cause he is just too plain right now.

anaron

happy to see Kelly Sue leaving Captain Marvel. while I so appreciate what she's contributed to the character, her better work has been over at Image and I wanna see someone else take a turn at Carol.

happy to see Kelly Sue leaving Captain Marvel. while I so appreciate what she's contributed to the character, her better work has been over at Image and I wanna see someone else take a turn at Carol.

Wow, she is? I thought she would have clung to that book the way that Nocenti did to Catwoman. Did they announce who the new writer is yet?

Messi

Wow, she is? I thought she would have clung to that book the way that Nocenti did to Catwoman. Did they announce who the new writer is yet?

I would assume the reason Kelly Thompson is co writing Carol Corps is so she can pass the torch to her. I would be suprised if it wasnt her.

Top Bottom