• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Point%2B3.jpg

anaron

Wow, she is? I thought she would have clung to that book the way that Nocenti did to Catwoman. Did they announce who the new writer is yet?
not yet, she just announced she's leaving post-Secret Wars

In news that has to hit the Carol Corps right at their... core, longtime "Captain Marvel" writer Kelly Sue DeConnick announced during a panel yesterday at HeroesCon that she will be leaving the series following the wrap-up of "Secret Wars."

Longtime "Captain Marvel" scribe Kelly Sue DeConnick will be leaving the title following "Secret Wars."
"So hard to go, but it's time," she confirmed via Twitter.

DeConnick's four-year run on "Captain Marvel" has been met with overwhelming positive response, tying the writer to the character in the minds of many fans in that rare way only longtime comic readers fully appreciate. Before her takeover of the series, Captain Carol Danvers was a character who had fought crime under many aliases -- from Ms Marvel to Binary to Warbird -- but under DeConnick's stewardship Danvers earned a promotion to become the House of Ideas' one and only "Captain Marvel." It is this iteration of the character, with no suffix attached to her identity but for her rank, that Marvel will bring to the big screen on November 2, 2018

The prospect of the pending film and the hype that will undoubtedly surround it forced the writer to reevaluate whether she was prepared to "dig in for three more years or drop the mic," according to a report from The Beat. She opted for the latter.

During her time as "Captain Marvel" writer, DeConnick used her active presence on social media to highlight the way the character's modern costume design became a cosplay sensation, bringing fans of all kinds together in celebration of their love for the classic Marvel character. She dubbed them the "Carol Corp," and even incorporated the concept into the title for the "Secret Wars" event, re-dubbing the series "Captain Marvel and the Carol Corp."

Marvel has not yet announced who it will draft to take over as series writer and de facto commander of the Carol Corps in DeConnick's absence.

Fraction is either awesome or god awful are we sure this is the same guy who wrote Hawkeye/IF?

He is a very niche writer who when outside of his niche falls apart quick.

Fraction is either awesome or god awful are we sure this is the same guy who wrote Hawkeye/IF?

He is a very niche writer who when outside of his niche falls apart quick.

That's what I mean. Hawkeye was a really funny book when it was just about Clint's life and interactions on the street level. Once the main story started it slowly went down the drain.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got that Chew Bulk sale, started reading, pretty good so far (at #9). I like how that
agent with the giant rack/rat got introduced like a big character, then got offed in the same issue.
It's a fun series, but nothing mindblowing so far.

Zero on the other hand had a pretty big impact on me. Immediately ordered vol 2 & 3

You guys have been asking for it and are getting it.

I would list the ways but not capable now.

I'm going to guess...
•Dark Horse joins the Comixology fold
•Discounts for digital subscription
•Streaming HD comics, meaning we don't need to download comics to our computer/tablet
• Sensational Spider-man Annual 1 by Fraction
• oh and free print copies for every digital comic bought

Isak_Borg

I'm going to guess...
•Streaming HD comics, meaning we don't need to download comics to our computer/tablet

Some of those are shit I pitched but not happening.

4 of those are damn on point.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I wouldn't mind Fraction if he knew how to tell stories. Once his books start trying to tell stories they fall apart.

Fraction is basically someone that can start a great campfirefire, but then wanders off and does nothing to keep it going through the night after he's shoved some molten marshmallows into his ringhole.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm going to guess...

Dark Horse on Comixology pls. They need to wake up and accept their crappy app is going nowhere. Put Hellboy up on CMX and it will rake in dough.

Usually it's $240. That's 50% off. It sounds like a really good deal. I would do it if I were you.

Damn, fucking for real? Me and the boys said hell nah to that shit! Money doesn't grow on trees fam.

I think it was 80 for that Atlantic City convention a couple months ago that he ended up no showing.
It was technically $80 to where I went to, but you had to buy three day pass which was $40 on top of the $80.

Isak_Borg

Dark Horse on Comixology pls. They need to wake up and accept their crappy app is going nowhere. Put Hellboy up on CMX and it will rake in dough.

True, but their hype is a good idea of what the market wants and where things should head.

But I totally agree.

Mouth shut.

Riptwo

I really just want the Windows comixology app to work more than 50% of the time. Please comixology, I'm not asking for much!

Messi

Monday or Tuesday will be dope man.

And the rest of the year even more awesome!

Don't even know folks there anymore but it's going to be one hell of a ride.

Isak, pls. I know you can see this.

tumblr_ll63629MJC1qcp3boo1_500.jpg

Stop keeping Terra from me. I know you have the scans :(

Top Bottom